1.1. MainVPK Manager is a simply application that you can manage one or multiple VPK add-ons to and fro your Team Fortress 2.
1.2. SecondaryVPK Manager do have a simply Back-Up and Restore functionality, allowing you to back-up your existing TF2 VPKs and restore them if you modded it incorrectly.
2. LimitationThere are limitations to this application:
- Loose Folder Mods in Custom folder are not detected
- Workshop VPK are not supported
- Raw Snapshot
3. UsageHere's a tutorial on how to use VPK Manager
4. Tool MotivationI have multiple system drive, and my Steam and its game library was installed away from the OS drive, and to keep things tidy, I saved it like this: D:\Apps\Games\Steam.
I realised that the full directory to Team Fortress 2 Custom directory is: D:\Apps\Games\Steam\Steam Library\Common\ Team Fortress 2\tf\Custom. It is damn long.
Not only that, if I'm testing mods out, I have multiple File Explorer open up:
- TF2 Custom
- Temporary Folder
- Decompiled/Source materials (usually 3-5 folders)
That's for a new mod, however, if I'm updating existing mod, I need to keep the original VPK safe, or if I screwed something up, I need a way to restore the VPKs.
Sure, I did created multiple shortcuts, but it is just one issue. The other issue such as:
- Switching multiple tabs, and often get lost in the process (even with dual monitors and doing testing on incomplete mod).
- Reduce steps to copy-paste or move.