bymlare truly excellent work, but you might find that you're just not willing or ready to use them. Seeing modders and users again and again dismayed by this led to the creation of Wild Bits, a graphical app built on the same work that powers these quality tools.
With Wild Bits, you have a simple, graphical editor for working with pack files, the RSTB, or any of BOTW's many varieties of AAMP, BYML, and MSBT files. Most of the functionality provided by the command line tools is found in any easy-to-use format here, though some few advanced options are not included.
How to setup and use:
- Install Python 3.7 64-bit using this link (for Windows; Linux users check your distro's repos) if you don't have it already. Make sure it is in your PATH (how-to link).
- (Windows only) If you don't already have it, install the latest (2019) Visual C++ redistributable for x64 from here.
- Install Wild Bits from the Command Prompt or terminal:
pip install wildbits
(Alternatively, download and extract the attached zip, then run
python setup.py install)
- Run from the Command Prompt or Terminal:
- (Optional) Create a shortcut to the Wild Bits executable