1. Introduction + FeaturesThere are a couple of existing Steam ID conversion apps on GameBanana but they are outdated. This application provides the following features:
- Validate any format of SteamID
- Convert any SteamID format to another (including to the new SteamID3 format)
- Convert other IDs in the Steam universe such as Group IDs, chat IDs, etc
- Convert profile vanity URLs to SteamID formats
- Quickly copy the new SteamIDs by clicking them
2. Known Bugs & Oddities
- None at the moment!
3. Possible Frequently Asked Questions
- Why is the file size so large? - This tool is built with Electron which bundles a version of Chromium with it. If you don't have a super old HDD then file size shouldn't be a problem.
- Why do I get the error "ID could not be converted to the desired format? - Some IDs, such as group IDs, do not have legacy formats and thus cannot be converted to that type.
4. InstallationDownload the .7z file and extract it (you will need 7-zip to extract it) to a folder. Then, run
5. CompatibilityWindows: 7 or higher
Linux: Ubuntu 12.04 or higher, Fedora 21 or higher, Debian 8 or higher
Mac: macOS 10.9 or higher
* Linux and Mac versions are currently not provided. These versions will be added if there is a need.
This tool was initially made as a test to see what I can do with Electron but I decided to release it here as someone might find it useful.