- Compiling time reduced by 20% on 64-bit
- HLCSG compiling speed greatly improved on all versions
- Quality of lightmaps improved
- Ability to modify lightmap quality
- Ability for models to cast shadows
I still haven't figured out how to use this correctly as you can see in the Dust2 screenshot, but to modify the lightmap you need to use two parameters in conjunction with one another.
The first one is
zhlt_texturestepwhich ranges from
64, default is
16. It defines the amount of texels per luxel. I like to think of this as 'one unit of the light map is equal to 16 units of the texture map' (I don't know if that's correct). The second one is
zhlt_maxextentwhich ranges from
128, default is
16. This should be used in conjunction with
zhlt_texturestepusing a simple formula:
(zhlt_texturestep * zhlt_maxextent) - zhlt_texturestep
240is the subdivide step.
Use these parameters in any brush entity or in worldspawn (global map settings). This will greatly increase your Alloc_block so be careful.
Models can now cast static shadows (supports transparent models too). This can be enabled with the
zhlt_studioshadow 1parameter. You can change the quality of the shadow with
1is the default. Higher values result in a higher quality, but
0doesn't seem to be compatible with transparent models
The archive includes 64-bit versions of this as well which offer up to a 20% increase in compiling speed, use less memory, etc.