Ever need to convert .jpg’s to .tga’s, and you didn’t have a copy of Paint Shop Pro or Photoshop? Me neither. Red Sith has released this little utility that converts these two files, since .tga files can’t be used in Paint.
While this is great and cool and fantastic, it needs to be realized that quite frankly, if you can’t convert files normally on your own, be it lack of a program or lack of skill, your skins probably won’t be accepted by the general public anyway. You can be a Maddox at paint, but that stuff just doesn’t come across well for skins.
This is the sort of program that you might wind up using out of game, however. For instance, if you need to make a signature using an image from JK2, or JK3, or whatever game, you can use this if the file is in a .tga. So while this file doesn’t hold its direct purpose, it might still come in handy.
Author: Marchus B. Williams (a.k.a RED SITH)
Description: ConvertShots.exe is a .tga to .jpg converter.
Why: A lot of .TGA files in JK3 are inaccessible for modding. I wanted
a tool that would transform .tga files into editable .jpg files.
1. Extract ConvertShots to your desktop
2. In your "GameData\base" folder directory, open any of the assets.pk3
files (using Winzip), and select the .TGA files you wish to edit.
3. Extract the files to the ConvertShots folder on your desktop
4. Double click Convertshots.exe to open it
5. Uncheck "Adjust Image Briteness" and (optional), uncheck "Delete
original .TGA files"
6. Click the "Start" button and your .TGAs become .jpgs