Ads keep us online. Without them, we wouldn't exist. We don't have paywalls or sell mods - we never will. But every month we have large bills and running ads is our only way to cover them. Please consider unblocking us. Thank you from GameBanana <3

Meltdown: Possible mod for CL?

A Forum Thread for GameBanana

Hey, I came across Counter Life a while ago via the PCGamer forums and all I can say is good job! :) Now for the question: I'm working on a single player mod for Half Life called Meltdown. You can read more about it at The Fraghouse under projects. The stuff me and my team produce has mainly been for the Unreal series but I have whipped up some reskins and I'm good enough at mapping with Worldcraft/Hammer. The question is, could I make Meltdown a sub-mod of Counter Life? The mod would play much better with real weapons rather than HL's rather surreal mp5 and shotgun, and I'm prepared to sacrifice the functionality of the Spirit Of Half Life mod for Counter Life's dll instead. By the way, the maps on the Meltdown project screen are a bit old... ;) [Edit> It's a bit disheartening being called a n00b :roll:

Replies

• Sweeper avatar
    Sweeper Joined 17y ago
    1,496 points Ranked 21822nd
    access_time 17y
    Originally posted by ->XTC[-Ecstacy! i sad i want it
    So you want to see screenshots OR have the finished work? give me a server with upload capabillity then I'll put them there so you can throw yourself over them.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    2,424 points Ranked 20191st
    access_time 17y
    Glad to here it. I just love it when I know that other people or me have just gain XXX experience points and up one level.^_^
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • IssA avatar
    IssA Joined 17y ago
    377 points Ranked 48135th
    access_time 17y
    i sad i want it
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    access_time 17y
    Quick! Submit it! I want to use it!
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Sweeper avatar
    Sweeper Joined 17y ago
    access_time 17y
    Originally posted by Haunter 9 gorgeous *models I would like to get my hands on. *Not those stupid, bimbo-like models mind you! :) I'm talking about that nice model over there which replaces my mp5!(said in style)
    Hmmm I have animations for a fancy Mp5... But I made a conversion for dy of defeat mod. Cs mp5 on the Mp40 in DOD! the animation and sound modding was a hell. draw animation on firing. why did it backfire? Because the code checked only one spot WITHOUT checking the filename and the id to see if it was correct. So I had to switch the places the anims was in the .qc and voila it worked!
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    access_time 17y
    9 gorgeous *models I would like to get my hands on. *Not those stupid, bimbo-like models mind you! :) I'm talking about that nice model over there which replaces my mp5!(said in style)
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Sweeper avatar
    Sweeper Joined 17y ago
    access_time 17y
    Originally posted by ->XTC[-Ecstacy! so sweeper if u will get 120 gb hd.. its still not same as mine.. i have 150 gb
    I know but do I need more? I need some space for 3D models... I had 350mb's of them. And that was 9 models.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • IssA avatar
    IssA Joined 17y ago
    access_time 17y
    so sweeper if u will get 120 gb hd.. its still not same as mine.. i have 150 gb
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    access_time 17y
    Sweeper, your desciption reminds me of someone.................. Jack Nicholson from 'The Shining'. *Hhhheeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeee'ssssssssssssss Johnny! *Jack Nicholson - The Shining
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Sweeper avatar
    Sweeper Joined 17y ago
    access_time 17y
    Originally posted by Parser 120gb? All I can say is nice :) Anyway, I'm beginning to slowly make a start on the second map, so I might post some screenies soon.
    Yeah it will be huge improvement over my current ahmmm 6 gb! 114 gb's more.... sure could use that.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Sweeper avatar
    Sweeper Joined 17y ago
    access_time 17y
    Originally posted by Haunter Where's my fireman axe?
    A new CS map of this? *earlier this evening Haunter armed with a fireaxe stormed extacy's building in Denmark! Your mission is to stop Haunter!* modefied briefing from Rainbow six demo. Hehehe I runned my 3D tests in it. GeForce 4 is next one in. By the way extacy... I saw a documentary on prison riots. And from Denmark, we had man driving a 20 ton bulldozer, ramming it in the prison wall, 18 or more escaped. Strangly enough they don't get their sentence extended. And by the way. I'm getting 120 gb! Need more space. I sure will fill it up.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    access_time 17y
    Where's my fireman axe?
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • IssA avatar
    IssA Joined 17y ago
    access_time 17y
    so you wont come in
    CLOSED
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    access_time 17y
    ->XTC[-Ecstacy! What ever you do, don't let me come to your house. I have the sudden urge to take all my games and rush straight there. I have about 20 games. Including MGS. Mind over matter, mind over matter, mind over matter.............
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • IssA avatar
    IssA Joined 17y ago
    access_time 17y
    My HD Is BIGGER... 150 GB! CAnt Never full it up
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Sweeper avatar
    Sweeper Joined 17y ago
    access_time 17y
    Originally posted by Parser I'm very sure, although I can still use a computer, so... :)
    Well OK... hmmm not so bad ehh? I surely hope you don't have parents around bitching... I got 2 days now all alone, building is all MINE!!!!!! Good though, gives me time for CL modelling.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Sweeper avatar
    Sweeper Joined 17y ago
    access_time 17y
    Originally posted by Parser I own a computer with 20gb of space :D Got 6 gig left with over 5 newer games installed, I'm doing well :o Anyway, I'm off school today (it's not a faked illness though) and I thought to pass the time I might try and get the first MD map completely finished.
    How sure are you on it is not faked?
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Sweeper avatar
    Sweeper Joined 17y ago
    access_time 17y
    Originally posted by Haunter X-man: Hell, no prob! Parser: Yeah. Nowadays, 40Mb is like nothing. Unless you own a laptop with only 20Gb of space. :( Or you have a sister who goes crazy on Hi-5 and keeps saving every picture which accumulates up to 3Gb of hd space
    Or you are like me. owning 6 gb space. Yes I got one 2gb drive and one 4gb drive.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    access_time 17y
    X-man: Hell, no prob! Parser: Yeah. Nowadays, 40Mb is like nothing. Unless you own a laptop with only 20Gb of space. :( Or you have a sister who goes crazy on Hi-5 and keeps saving every picture which accumulates up to 3Gb of hd space
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • IssA avatar
    IssA Joined 17y ago
    access_time 17y
    Give me some time .. and i will create a test map.. for it.. and can send it out.. so u peoples can understand me.. ok!??
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    access_time 17y
    I'm not sure about sites, you can contact AMX for more info about this. Your problem might mean that an extra folder is needed so that it sperates CL from MD. For that idea, I need to code it so that players 'auto-use' it when they are directly above the station.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    access_time 17y
    Well, Parser should be the guy you need to send to.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • IssA avatar
    IssA Joined 17y ago
    access_time 17y
    a buy zone texture!
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    access_time 17y
    Make the zone pic a bit nice. Rather than the square box, we can have.............something else.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Sweeper avatar
    Sweeper Joined 17y ago
    access_time 17y
    /me haunts Haunter downt the topics. Fancy thing yeah. how about creating a zone around the health charger? Like somewhere in the code draw_circle 700 units from health charger or something.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    access_time 17y
    That seems to be a good idea, making stations beneath the ground. ___you_____________ |_|station All I have to do is to make the player 'auto use' it. But sprites.......ugh!
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Sweeper avatar
    Sweeper Joined 17y ago
    access_time 17y
    Whoops. got to run hope the 3D studio max boys can help me out. (posted at CS Custom models for help with a plugin) I've owned 3D studio Max for 1.5 years already... still haven't used it. I even got 2 cd's filled with extra stuff for it.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • IssA avatar
    IssA Joined 17y ago
    access_time 17y
    Sweeper. the trained Haxor Man!
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Sweeper avatar
    Sweeper Joined 17y ago
    access_time 17y
    Yeah take his word for it. he is a good mapper. probably knows some tricks too.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • IssA avatar
    IssA Joined 17y ago
    access_time 17y
    How is your mod.. and is it realistic .. 50% / 100% ??? tell me... I can doo anything with a mod.. but nothing about code and modeler... but im also good with many good thinfs too a mod.. and why do you create health chargers.. make it cs style buy zones.. with the func_healthcarger... place it on the ground.. and give it a floor texture... i have a good buy zone texture... i can show you!!! if u want my HELP!
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    access_time 17y
    You have my permission. As long the CL team is credited for.:) Seems like Meltdown is going to be a sub-mod of a sub-mod. I saw what Meltdown is about. My question is simple, how the weapons are going to be in your mod? You need the stations.
    Bananite
    URL to post:

Embed

menu
Share banner
Image URL
HTML embed code
BB embed code
Markdown embed code

Author

Guest avatar
Guest Joined 14y ago