A Review on CSPromod

A Forum Thread for Counter-Strike: Source

Attention Gamer! We are one of the oldest mod sites on the Interwebs. Sign up and maximize your browsing experience.

• Subscribe: Get notified of new submissions like this.
  • Say Thanks: Show your appreciation by sending Semore points.
  • Flag: Alert moderators and warn members of a problem with this Thread.
  • Watch: Get notified when this Thread is updated.
Mascot

Stop Lurking!

Already a Bananite? Login

Might wanna check this out people

http://www.cspromod.com/?page=forum&action=viewTopic&id=5093 guys, get this, get this, get this. Two words: Wall banging. short summary- The shooting is different, you can wallbang, spray patterns have been changed, takes like 2 hours to learn at most. really fun. Weapons- only the weapons that have been kept are: Glock, USP, Deagle, MP5, Famas, Galil, AK, M4, Awp. (This has been done because the mod if meant for professional Play) ----------------------------------------------------------------- Weapon bugs and styles ----------------------------------------------------------------- Glock- Far more accurate, actually worth using! USP- Seems weakened, but I have a feeling I suck with it. Deagle- Same old same old, but it seems more inaccurate at far ranges than in source. ----------------------------------------------------------------- MP5- Seems to have a faster rate of fire, very accurate ----------------------------------------------------------------- Famas- If you thought the source version was accurate, you will be blown away. Galil- Not worth using in my opinion. Probably just me. AK- Really, really weird till you get used to it. Once you get used to it, you probably will own. Hard to describe. M4- Just like the AK, weird till you get used to it.|Bug| Silencer comes on and off without you meaning it to, fire sounds flip around as well. AWP- There is a difference, and I can't describe. Almost impossible to no scope Sad ----------------------------------------------------------------- HE Grenade- Stronger, but your going to have to get adjusted to how to throw these compared to C:SS throwing. Smoke Grenade- Instead of slowly building a smoke cloud, such as in C:SS, it just blows up out of no where. Looks awesome. |Bug| You can see enemy names thru the smoke. Flashbang- Instead of a really fast sequence from full flash to unflashed in around 4 seconds in source, this is now a duller effect, but lasts a little longer. ----------------------------------------------------------------- Game Play ----------------------------------------------------------------- Feels a hell of a lot faster than source though I can't really explain how, it's just there. With new wall banging, bunny hopping, and shooting patterns the game just seems more intense, but don't take my word for it, try it yourself and see. You are now silent when jumping and landing on the ground, there are no Fire in the hole voices on team nades, and you can quick scope with the awp. ----------------------------------------------------------------- Things that pissed me off, and probably will piss you off too ----------------------------------------------------------------- Relearning shooting patterns and nade throwing- Self Explanatory. You will be saying BS every 5 minutes. Learning Spam/Wallbang spots- A fun process, 2 or more kills thru the wall in 3 seconds brings a sense of achievement. However when it happens to you, it blows. Getting spawn camped during Warm up stage- You might not be angry the first time, but it adds up, and fast. Nothing worse in my opinion. Spawning in a wall, and then game crashes- This also sucks. ----------------------------------------------------------------- A few tips ----------------------------------------------------------------- If you are a CT on Dust2, rush to bombsite b and spam closet, you might get 2-4 kills thru the wall. Turn the two cl_wpn_sway digits to 0.0 and 0 to stop your gun from shaking so much from each shot. This will also help you learn weapon patterns. If an enemy smoke nades an area, let it be known you can see their name thru the smoke. Very helpful if you are awping. ----------------------------------------------------------------- I really hope you guys look into this and give it a try, its a lot of fun, wall banging and easy bunny hopping is something I've wanted forever. Now, for those who have tried the mod, what are YOUR thoughts?

• 10y
    h4mx0r avatar
    h4mx0r avatar Offline
    Member Joined 15y
    31,754 points Ranked 133rd
    13 medals 1 legendary 1 rare
    • 10 years a member Medal icon
    • 6 years a member Medal icon
    • Time Traveler Mapping Contest Submitter Medal icon
    • Reached 1,000 Points Medal icon
    • Reached 2,500 Points Medal icon
    • Reached 7,500 Points Medal icon
    What's wall bang?

Weapons- only the weapons that have been kept are: Glock, USP, Deagle, MP5, Famas, Galil, AK, M4, Awp.
    (This has been done because the mod if meant for professional Play)

Uh... Okay...

I thought CSPro's mission was to emulate 1.6 in the source.
    it's pronounced "ham-saur avatar
    Mantra
    it's pronounced "ham-saur
  • 10y
    Semore avatar
    Semore Offline
    Member Joined 10y
    240 points Ranked 15579th
    That too. Go to their site and read the very much criticized "H:APOV" And wall banging means to be able to shoot through walls. ;]
    The obvious motherfucker avatar
    Mantra
    The obvious motherfucker
  • 10y
    pope192 avatar
    pope192 Offline
    Member Joined 12y
    Posted by h4mx0r

Uh... Okay...

Same here.
    The one and only avatar
    Mantra
    The one and only
  • 10y
    nightfireivey avatar
    Member Joined 11y
    15,973 points Ranked 268th
    10 medals 1 legendary 1 rare
    • One month a member Medal icon
    CSPromod looks like it's going to go well. I like the fact I can wall bang like in 1.6. One question, exactly how many people are supporting or plan on playing the mod ?
    In Soviet Russia Grenade Prope avatar
    Mantra
    In Soviet Russia Grenade Prope
  • 10y
    JoeDirt123 avatar
    JoeDirt123 Offline
    Member Joined 11y
    Html for you. Anyway, I don't think that I'll really play promod all that much. If I want to play a game like 1.6 then I'll play 1.6 If I want to play Counter-Strike: Source then I'll play that. There really isn't much of a reason to mix the two.
  • 10y
    sssnake avatar
    sssnake Offline
    Member Joined 11y
    35,048 points Ranked 118th
    Posted by h4mx0r

What's wall bang?

Weapons- only the weapons that have been kept are: Glock, USP, Deagle, MP5, Famas, Galil, AK, M4, Awp.

Uh... Okay...

What?!?!? No more knife!??
    I TURN MAH PC TO DA SIDE avatar
    Mantra
    I TURN MAH PC TO DA SIDE
  • 10y
    Semore avatar
    Semore Offline
    Member Joined 10y
    Posted by nightfireivey

CSPromod looks like it's going to go well. I like the fact I can wall bang like in 1.6. One question, exactly how many people are supporting or plan on playing the mod ?

Well, the Steam group had 30,000+ members, so I'd guess around that number.
    Mantra
    The obvious motherfucker
  • 10y
    Semore avatar
    Semore Offline
    Member Joined 10y
    Posted by sssnake

Posted by h4mx0r

What's wall bang?

Uh... Okay...

What?!?!? No more knife!??

I lol'd. I apoligize for my many mistakes in this thread people. I shouldn't have thought so many things were self-implemented.
    Mantra
    The obvious motherfucker
  • 10y
    nightfireivey avatar
    Member Joined 11y
    15,973 points Ranked 268th
    10 medals 1 legendary 1 rare
    • One month a member Medal icon
    Yeah I'm going to like this mod I think it's going to revive the expert players, teams, and clans like 1.6 used to have before source.
    In Soviet Russia Grenade Prope avatar
    Mantra
    In Soviet Russia Grenade Prope
  • 10y
    Lucedis avatar
    Lucedis Offline
    Member Joined 12y
    4,719 points Ranked 975th
    Posted by h4mx0r

What's wall bang?

Uh... Okay...

Well, then it wouldn't be a pro mod, would it?
    i pity the noob!

Shareable Image:
Share banner
HTML embed code:
BB embed code:
Markdown embed code:

More embeddable images

Bookmark and Share

Submitter

Semore avatar
Semore Offline
Member Joined 10y