Ads keep us online. Without them, we wouldn't exist. We don't have paywalls or sell mods - we never will. But every month we have large bills and running ads is our only way to cover them. Please consider unblocking us. Thank you from GameBanana <3

Where do the mods go?

A Forum Thread for Team Fortress 2

No ads for members. Membership is 100% free. Sign up!

Nothing seems to be working...

What's the location? I had TFC down to a science, but I'm having some problems with TF2. Thanks.
  • Killocity avatar
    Killocity username pic Joined 14y ago
    24,746 points Ranked 208th
    14 medals 1 legendary 2 rare
    • 10 years a member Medal icon
    • 25 posts awarded Exemplary Feedback Medal icon
    • 6 years a member Medal icon
    • Reached 1,000 Points Medal icon
    • Reached 2,500 Points Medal icon
    • Reached 7,500 Points Medal icon
    access_time 12y
    Can you please re-phrase your question? I don't quite understand what you mean by the mods and "had TFC down to a science".
    URL to post:
  • mlsterben avatar
    mlsterben Joined 12y ago
    access_time 12y
    Sure. I meant adding replacement skins for weapons and stuff. I got really good at doing it in TFC but now I have no idea where to put the new skins for TF2. It was something like this in TFC: C: > Program Files > Steam > Steamapps > User_name > Team Fortress Classic > TFC > Models Does that help clear things up?
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • JtMax avatar
    JtMax Joined 15y ago
    access_time 12y
    C:/Program Files/Steam/Steamapps/*Username*/Team Fortress 2/TF
    Remember to thumb up good post avatar
    Mantra
    Remember to thumb up good post
    URL to post:
  • mlsterben avatar
    mlsterben Joined 12y ago
    access_time 12y
    Thanks! Except only one model isn't working: Balisong butterfly knife (Custom model) *Updated
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Rufus avatar
    Rufus Joined 14y ago
    access_time 12y
    Posted by mlsterben Thanks! Except only one model isn't working: Balisong butterfly knife (Custom model) *Updated
    Yeah, that's my knife. It should be working if you installed it with your brain and not just extracting everything. You need to first extract the models folder in the tf2 folder and press replace all, if no other custom models are installed (or downloaded on a server) before it's just to put it in without replacing anything. Now we come to the extremely easy part, open one of the folders called Smoky and Millenia depeding on which skin you want.
    Facepunch sucks avatar
    Mantra
    Facepunch sucks
    URL to post:
  • mlsterben avatar
    mlsterben Joined 12y ago
    access_time 12y
    To quote my roommate, who is the one actually trying to use the knife: "Don't make it in a retarded format and" ...the rest isn't very nice. He followed your kind instructions exactly and it still isn't working. And no, he didn't extract everything at once. First the models, then the smoky. No dice.
    Bananite
    URL to post:

Embed

Share banner
Image URL
HTML embed code
BB embed code
Markdown embed code

Author

Game

Category

• Share on Reddit