Ads keep us online. Without them, we wouldn't exist. We don't have paywalls or sell mods - we never will. But every month we have large bills and running ads is our only way to cover them. Please consider unblocking us. Thank you from GameBanana <3

How do you make Blank Boxes??

A Forum Thread for GameBanana

How would you create a blank module that you could add your own text to??

I am trying to figure out how you could manage to add your own module that you could have your own text in. Here is an example what I am talking about if you are confused as to what I am trying to do. Link to Ziah's Profile Follow the above link to Ziah's profile. The link will open in a new tab so don't worry about losing the page. Now look over to the top right of Ziah's profile where he has the module named "Greetings". I want to know how to make a module like that so I can put whatever text I want in it. I already checked the modules page and haven't been able to find one that can do it. I have also checked the Tutorials section to see how to do it, but have not seen anything. Is there a module already out that can do that? If so, please post a link to it below. If there isn't a module, then how can I make a blank module? Please explain in detail or give me a link to a tutorial that would explain how to do it.

Replies

• Windows 98 avatar
    Windows 98 Joined 14y ago
    access_time 12y
    You could look at the code he used by viewing the source code. To view the source code right click on the page and hit "View Page Source". Then you need to scan through the code or try using Search (Ctrl + F) to find the code he used.
    The Man, The Myth, The Legend
    URL to post:
  • -RemiX- avatar
    -RemiX- Joined 13y ago
    671 points Ranked 43125th
    access_time 12y
    Posted by Windows 98 You could look at the code he used by viewing the source code. To view the source code right click on the page and hit "View Page Source". Then you need to scan through the code or try using Search (Ctrl + F) to find the code he used.
    Try I shall. BunBun, if I figure it out, then I will create a tutorial on how to do it. And send you a link. Edit**: I found the code he used, but how would I be able to add it to my profile??
    cp_arctic_blast avatar
    Mantra
    cp_arctic_blast
    URL to post:
  • Rootbeerz avatar
    Rootbeerz username pic Joined 13y ago
    access_time 12y
    Make a custom table, like this: <table border=1 bgcolor=black> <tr> <td align=center> Title </td> </tr> <tr> <td> Info Here! <embed src="http://flash.picturetrail.com/pflicks/2/sequence.swf" quality="high" flashvars="ql=2&amp;src1=http://pic70.picturetrail.com/VOL1876/9407466/flicks/1/2166377&amp;src2=http://widgetize.picturetrail.com/flicks/2166377" wmode="transparent" bgcolor="#000000" name="sequence" allowscriptaccess="sameDomain" style="height: 300px; width: 413px;" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" align="middle" height="300" width="413"> </td> </tr> </table> OUTPUT:
    Title
    Constructive Map Assesor avatar
    Mantra
    Constructive Map Assesor
    URL to post:
  • -RemiX- avatar
    -RemiX- Joined 13y ago
    access_time 12y
    Well here is a test of what I am trying to do. Hopefully it works right.
    Welcome

Well that is kinda what I want to do except I want it to be a separate module from the rest of the page. NOTE: The white outline around the whole thing is just a fieldset so it is separated from the rest of the page. One more cool thing I just learned. How to show html without it processing. <a href="//www.fpsbanana.com">LINK</a> Go me.
    cp_arctic_blast avatar
    Mantra
    cp_arctic_blast
    URL to post:
  • Simplicity avatar
    Simplicity Joined 14y ago
    access_time 12y
    table name
    content of table
    Try that, not sure if it's different from yours though. EDIT: Seems the same, but in the sidemenu, it doesn't have the gap.
    nyuuuu avatar
    Mantra
    nyuuuu
    URL to post:
  • -RemiX- avatar
    -RemiX- Joined 13y ago
    access_time 12y
    BUT HOW DO I PUT IT ON THE PAGE??? Jesus, Now that I know how to create the box. How do I put it on my page??
    cp_arctic_blast avatar
    Mantra
    cp_arctic_blast
    URL to post:
  • Simplicity avatar
    access_time 12y
    Profile layout possibly?
    nyuuuu avatar
    Mantra
    nyuuuu
    URL to post:
  • -RemiX- avatar
    -RemiX- Joined 13y ago
    access_time 12y
    Posted by Simplicity Profile layout possibly?
    Tried that. You need to create a module to do it that way. How would I be able to create a module??
    cp_arctic_blast avatar
    Mantra
    cp_arctic_blast
    URL to post:
  • Simplicity avatar
    access_time 12y
    You do not need to create a module. All you need to do is add the code to your profile layout. Here's an example of mine: EDIT: Fixed <tr valign="top"><td id="lytcol_1"> #MEMBERS.ONLINE_STATUS# #ADD_MESSAGE##_UM_119##MEMBERS.BEST_RANKS#</td><td id="lytcol_2"> #MESSAGES#</td><td id="lytcol_3"> #MEMBERS.BUDDIES# <table width="100%" cellpadding="1" cellspacing="1"> <tr> <td align="left" class="toprow">table name </td> </tr> </table> <table width="100%" cellpadding="1" cellspacing="1"> </table> <table width="100%" cellpadding="1" cellspacing="1"> <tr class="flatrow_dark"> <td nowrap colspan="1"> content of table </td> </tr> </table> </td></tr>
    nyuuuu avatar
    Mantra
    nyuuuu
    URL to post:
  • -RemiX- avatar
    -RemiX- Joined 13y ago
    access_time 12y
    Yap that worked. Check out my profile to see what it looks like :D
    cp_arctic_blast avatar
    Mantra
    cp_arctic_blast