You may have already noticed but I have moved CS Strat to a permanent home now. In doing so I have also registered #CSSTRAT on the gamesurge network. Feel free to stop by and idle the channel. I will try to offer some support through IRC in the channel but the easiest way to get help is the post on the CS Strat forums.
For those of you that do not already use CS Strat keep reading.
First off the program is FREE contains NO ADS and NO SPYWARE. CS Strat is an animated strat creator for Counter-Strike and Counter-Strike:Source. Here is a blurb from the online documentation
CSStrat is a complete tool to make advanced Counter Strike and Counter Strike Source strategies for the Terrorist or Counter-Terrorist side. Amongst all its features you can add movements to objects such as Players (T or CT), HE, flash, and Smoke grenades to give the real feeling of the strat. The grenades are also graphically animated so you get the full effect of using them in your strat. You can also add website links on objects or movement points, mostly used to show screenshots. The application has its own file type, so you can save and open strats for editing. It is possible to export your strats to Image* or Video**.
* JPG (static image) Intel® JPEG Library included
** AVI (with animations) We recommend using the XViD Codec with 1000 to 1900 bit rate (output file size is around 600 Kb)
Here is what's new in Version 4.0
09/28/2007 - Updated by LethalInjection
1. Added: Marker System - In the toolbar where you select objects to place on the map you will find a yellow arrow that points down. That is the new Marker object. You place it on the map like any other object. After you click to place the Marker you are presented with a text box to put your text in. Put in your text then click ok. To see the text you just typed place your mouse over the Marker. You can drag the Marker around to change its position. To edit the text on the Marker just double click it. To delete the Marker right click and select delete.
2. Added: Direction Pointer - This feature allows you to select a direction for the player to face for each movement point added/edited. There are 8 postions to choose from as well as the standard player which doesn't show a direction to watch. When adding or editing movement points you will find this option.
3. Added: Custom Round Time - An option has been added under Tools->Options which allows you to change the default Round Time in CS Strat. I believe a lot of us use the default 1:45 (105 sec.) time but if you don't you can change it to whatever you use.
4. Added: Audio Recording - An option has been added under Tools->Options which allows you to select whether you want to record audio with your strat video. You also can change the option when the Record buttons appear. When the box is checked CS Strat will attempt to record audio and add it to your video so you can give additional info as your strat plays.
5. Added: Dutch language files - Thanks to FleeZz
6. Added: French language files - Thanks to exaN
NOTE: With this version the .CST file format had to change slightly. This has caused the elevation settings to be lost when opening an existing strat. If you use that feature in CS Strat you will need to redo your player elevations and save your strat using the newest version.