CS Strat - The easy way to make strats

A Forum Thread for Counter-Strike: Source

SEX! Ok, we got your attention. We are one of the oldest mod sites on the Interwebs. Sign up and maximize your browsing experience.

• Subscribe: Get notified of new submissions like this.
  • Say Thanks: Show your appreciation by sending LethalInjection points.
  • Flag: Alert moderators and warn members of a problem with this Thread.
  • Watch: Get notified when this Thread is updated.
Mascot

Sound fun?

Already a Bananite? Login

CSStrat is a complete tool to make advanced Counter Strike and Counter Strike Source strategies for the Terrorist or Counter-Terrorist side.

Version 4.0 is now available. http://www.csstrat.com/
You may have already noticed but I have moved CS Strat to a permanent home now. In doing so I have also registered #CSSTRAT on the gamesurge network. Feel free to stop by and idle the channel. I will try to offer some support through IRC in the channel but the easiest way to get help is the post on the CS Strat forums.

For those of you that do not already use CS Strat keep reading.

First off the program is FREE contains NO ADS and NO SPYWARE. CS Strat is an animated strat creator for Counter-Strike and Counter-Strike:Source. Here is a blurb from the online documentation
CSStrat is a complete tool to make advanced Counter Strike and Counter Strike Source strategies for the Terrorist or Counter-Terrorist side. Amongst all its features you can add movements to objects such as Players (T or CT), HE, flash, and Smoke grenades to give the real feeling of the strat. The grenades are also graphically animated so you get the full effect of using them in your strat. You can also add website links on objects or movement points, mostly used to show screenshots. The application has its own file type, so you can save and open strats for editing. It is possible to export your strats to Image* or Video**.

* JPG (static image) IntelĀ® JPEG Library included
** AVI (with animations) We recommend using the XViD Codec with 1000 to 1900 bit rate (output file size is around 600 Kb)
Check out the documentation link for more imformation about CS Strat. It gives quite a bit of detail about the program including very helpful shortcut keys.

Here is what's new in Version 4.0
CSStrat 4.00
09/28/2007 - Updated by LethalInjection
Additions/Corrections

1. Added: Marker System - In the toolbar where you select objects to place on the map you will find a yellow arrow that points down. That is the new Marker object. You place it on the map like any other object. After you click to place the Marker you are presented with a text box to put your text in. Put in your text then click ok. To see the text you just typed place your mouse over the Marker. You can drag the Marker around to change its position. To edit the text on the Marker just double click it. To delete the Marker right click and select delete.
2. Added: Direction Pointer - This feature allows you to select a direction for the player to face for each movement point added/edited. There are 8 postions to choose from as well as the standard player which doesn't show a direction to watch. When adding or editing movement points you will find this option.
3. Added: Custom Round Time - An option has been added under Tools->Options which allows you to change the default Round Time in CS Strat. I believe a lot of us use the default 1:45 (105 sec.) time but if you don't you can change it to whatever you use.
4. Added: Audio Recording - An option has been added under Tools->Options which allows you to select whether you want to record audio with your strat video. You also can change the option when the Record buttons appear. When the box is checked CS Strat will attempt to record audio and add it to your video so you can give additional info as your strat plays.
5. Added: Dutch language files - Thanks to FleeZz
6. Added: French language files - Thanks to exaN

NOTE: With this version the .CST file format had to change slightly. This has caused the elevation settings to be lost when opening an existing strat. If you use that feature in CS Strat you will need to redo your player elevations and save your strat using the newest version.
These were created in the previous version but it will help get you going if your having issue figuring the program out. Video Tutorial - Using CS Strat Video Tutorial - Advanced Timing

• 10y
    Xlixity avatar
    Xlixity Offline
    Member Joined 11y
    2,043 points Ranked 2306th
    8 medals 1 legendary 1 rare
    • 10 years a member Medal icon
    • 6 years a member Medal icon
    • Reached 1,000 Points Medal icon
    • One month a member Medal icon
    • 6 months a member Medal icon
    • 1 year a member Medal icon
    Hm....may actually try this out later...
    All The Children Are Dead avatar
    Mantra
    All The Children Are Dead
  • 10y
    koely avatar
    koely Offline
    Member Joined 12y
    Its good, but I don't find it too handy because good tactic callers make up tacs along the way.
    Stuck On Yesterday Once Again. avatar
    Mantra
    Stuck On Yesterday Once Again.
  • 10y
    LethalInjection avatar
    Member Joined 10y
    151 points Ranked 21569th
    Posted by koely

Its good, but I don't find it too handy because good tactic callers make up tacs along the way.

Well, I know my team creates strats and practices them and we call variations of those strats based on how the other team is playing us. But we still create the base strats to follow as a guideline first.
    Bananite
  • 10y
    LethalInjection avatar
    Member Joined 10y
    As always CSStrat is free but hosting and other fees are not and are paid for out of my own pocket. With the move to a private domain name and host CS Strat now costs me money to host not counting the time I put in coding it. I have placed donation links around the site with the lowest amount of $1. If you feel the program and help you recieve is worthwhile please donate to help keep the project alive. Donations will go into my paypal account which is used to pay for the hosting fees each month. All money recieved will go towards hosting/domain fees only.
    Bananite
  • 10y
    LethalInjection avatar
    Member Joined 10y
  • 10y
    Degger avatar
    Degger Offline
    Member Joined 10y
    157 points Ranked 20987th
    Nice program I use it!

Thanks!