Ads keep us online. Without them, we wouldn't exist. We don't have paywalls or sell mods - we never will. But every month we have large bills and running ads is our only way to cover them. Please consider unblocking us. Thank you from GameBanana <3

READ main page ideas

A Forum Thread for GameBanana

Latest pages which have been posted in, Most upp'd blogs, new news, ...and most upp'd polls!?

Idea. It'll be a main section for blogs, news, pages ..and polls! This section would be the "READ" section. BLOGS - A place for the most upp'd blogs to appear, nothing more to say about that. Or maybe those which simply was last commented on? Or maybe both (don't ask me how that would work :S)? NEWS - New would also appear as well, I'm not sure if it could work like the blogs where the most upp'd would appear. But maybe the most upp'd news from the last seven days would work better. I'm not sure about this so feel free to come with suggestions. PAGES - It'll work pretty much like our dear forum where the submission which was last commented on gets sent to the top of the list. So, whenever someone posts in a page the page will appear in a list. How big should this list be? Maybe it can show the 5 latest active pages, and maybe even the last post which was made in it. POLLS - Polls wtf!? Yeah, polls. But in order to do that we'll need to be able to upp polls. So, if anyone has an intresting poll in their profile visitors could upp it. And those poll that's most upped would appear in the main page just like blogs, pages and news. If polls like the one showed below start appearing on the main page for some wierd reason we might want to be able to "down" polls too. Q: which smily is best? A: 0_o A: o_0 COMMENT BOARD - They're everywhere, you've seen them. Such as in the Members main page and at the top 50 page. One like this would also appear. We could use it for general "chick chat" and we could speak and discuss the latest polls, blogs, news and pages. Now, I'm not sure if you guys and girls will like this idea, but either way I encourage you to come with ideas and problems about this "system" if I may call it that.
  • cWanja avatar
    cWanja Joined 15y ago
    access_time 12y
    I think, I think, you have some good ideas. The problem I am having here is understanding all your ideas in a professional manner. I can not decided if it the wording, or lack there of, or what. If someone could come through and clean this all up I will throw my two sense in.
    URL to post:
  • LuntiX avatar
    LuntiX username pic Joined 14y ago
    5,484 points Ranked 1197th
    12 medals 1 legendary 1 rare
    • 10 years a member Medal icon
    • 6 years a member Medal icon
    • Installation Guide Submitter Medal icon
    • Became a Club Leader Medal icon
    • Reached 1,000 Points Medal icon
    • 1 post awarded Exemplary Feedback Medal icon
    access_time 12y
    I think it's fine how it is tbh. Poll up'ing is a bad idea.
    The Last Man Standing
    URL to post:
  • -bastard- avatar
    -bastard- Joined 14y ago
    88,862 points Ranked 42nd
    14 medals 1 legendary 2 rare
    • 10 years a member Medal icon
    • Reached 75,000 Points Medal icon
    • 6 years a member Medal icon
    • Reached 1,000 Points Medal icon
    • Reached 2,500 Points Medal icon
    • Reached 7,500 Points Medal icon
    access_time 12y
    Why is poll up'ing a bad idea?
    asdasd avatar
    Mantra
    asdasd
    URL to post:
  • Rufus avatar
    Rufus Joined 14y ago
    access_time 12y
    NO!! Not some more complex shit that will just annoy you. Possibly with an option to turn it off. And the comment board, well it would be spammed for points and we got the black hole.
    Facepunch sucks avatar
    Mantra
    Facepunch sucks
    URL to post:

Embed

menu
Share banner
Image URL
HTML embed code
BB embed code
Markdown embed code

Author