Ads keep us online. Without them, we wouldn't exist. We don't have paywalls or sell mods - we never will. But every month we have large bills and running ads is our only way to cover them. Please consider unblocking us. Thank you from GameBanana <3

Suggestions and the like

A Forum Thread for GameBanana

Ok I deleted my other thread because I figured it all out myself. But a few suggestions: You should explain more clearly in the readme how to set up your 'music' to include different bands and separate places for shoutcast or whatever. As not everyone will be able to understand the code enough to figure it out themselves. (ok so the code isnt difficult, but you know how painfully stupid some people can be) There should be an easy way of finding out what song your listening to without announcing it to the world. Espicially with shoutcast, as you often dont know what you're listening to and dont want to make urself look weird when you announce you're listening to Alice Cooper to the whole server when you really dont want to be listening to Alice Cooper. (It happened to me last night.) And I know someone else posted about this: Is there a way of letting it know when you die/spawn and stopping/starting the song? Or would this mess about with hl too much and be detected as a hack? Instead of/as well as when you select music>band>song and it loads that one song and deletes anything else in the playlist. Could you create a playlist in game using it? Its slightly annoying having to stop midgame to load a different song when the first song starts playing again. It generally works ok but I thought this might be a good addition. Anyway its a great plugin that makes everything a lot easier, keep up the good work :D

Replies

• Guest avatar
    Guest Joined 14y ago
    19 medals 4 legendary 6 rare
    • Submitted 100 Skins Medal icon
    • Submitted 50 Maps Medal icon
    • Submitted 200 Threads Medal icon
    • Submitted 30 Tutorials Medal icon
    • Submitted 50 Skins Medal icon
    • Submitted 20 Maps Medal icon
    access_time 17y
    You can load playlists. You just need to put it in your command.txt thing in the counterstrike folder eg "12" "Playlists" { "1" "Playlist 1" "hlamp Load C:\My Documents\My Music\playlist1.m3u" "2" "Playlist 2" "hlamp Load C:\My Documents\My Music\playlist2.m3u" "3" "Playlist 3" "hlamp Load C:\My Documents\My Music\playlist3.m3u" } Unless Im entirely mistaken that should work. Itll give you hlamp>music>playlist option on the command menu. And I think a playlist will just load. Correct me if Im wrong. And you arent making much sense on your other point. Shuffle is random. It doesnt just radomise when you click next track. It picks a random song at the end of any song you are listening to. If you want it to do something else then state it. In fact I just tested that code and it works fine.
    Bot Account
    URL to post:
  • Guest avatar
    Guest Joined 14y ago
    19 medals 4 legendary 6 rare
    • Submitted 100 Skins Medal icon
    • Submitted 50 Maps Medal icon
    • Submitted 200 Threads Medal icon
    • Submitted 30 Tutorials Medal icon
    • Submitted 50 Skins Medal icon
    • Submitted 20 Maps Medal icon
    access_time 17y
    Im sorry, but that made no sense whatsoever. could you describe more accurately what you want?
    Bot Account
    URL to post:
  • Disk2 avatar
    Disk2 Joined 17y ago
    723 points Ranked 42652nd
    access_time 17y
    Originally posted by Keyser Soze You should explain more clearly in the readme how to set up your 'music' to include different bands and separate places for shoutcast or whatever. As not everyone will be able to understand the code enough to figure it out themselves. (ok so the code isnt difficult, but you know how painfully stupid some people can be)
    Will do.
    Originally posted by Keyser Soze There should be an easy way of finding out what song your listening to without announcing it to the world. Espicially with shoutcast, as you often dont know what you're listening to and dont want to make urself look weird when you announce you're listening to Alice Cooper to the whole server when you really dont want to be listening to Alice Cooper. (It happened to me last night.)
    Will do.
    Originally posted by Keyser Soze And I know someone else posted about this: Is there a way of letting it know when you die/spawn and stopping/starting the song? Or would this mess about with hl too much and be detected as a hack?
    I'll look into it. Edit: I think I can do it, but it will be mod-specific. I think I'll just support CS, DOD, and TFC since those are the only mods I regularly play.
    Originally posted by Keyser Soze Instead of/as well as when you select music>band>song and it loads that one song and deletes anything else in the playlist. Could you create a playlist in game using it? Its slightly annoying having to stop midgame to load a different song when the first song starts playing again. It generally works ok but I thought this might be a good addition.
    Will do. Thanks for the suggestions :)
    Bananite
    URL to post:

Embed

menu
Share banner
Image URL
HTML embed code
BB embed code
Markdown embed code

Author

Guest avatar