I was wonderin

A Forum Thread for Counter-Strike: Source

Yo, buddy. We are one of the oldest mod sites on the Interwebs. Sign up and maximize your browsing experience.

• Subscribe: Get notified of new submissions like this.
  • Say Thanks: Show your appreciation by sending Chaug points.
  • Flag: Alert moderators and warn members of a problem with this Thread.
  • Watch: Get notified when this Thread is updated.
Mascot

Interested?

Already a Bananite? Login

If my new comp could handle...

I was wondering if my new computer can handle a full custom skin makeover (what I mean by this is replacing atleast all guns with custom skins). The reason I'm asking this is because I do realize that new computers come with cheap and not-too-high-standard graphics cards. Here are the specs: Operating System: Windows Vistaâ„¢ Home Premium (6.0, Build 6000) (6000.vista_rtm.061101-2205) Language: English (Regional Setting: English) System Manufacturer: Compaq-Presario System Model: GC667AA-ABA SR5130NX BIOS: Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 3800+ (2 CPUs), ~2.0GHz Memory: 894MB RAM Page File: 797MB used, 1248MB available Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430 Manufacturer: NVIDIA Chip type: GeForce 6150SE nForce 430 DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_03D0&SUBSYS_2A5B103C&REV_A2 Display Memory: 313 MB Dedicated Memory: 122 MB Shared Memory: 191 MB Current Mode: 1440 x 900 (32 bit) (60Hz) Monitor: HP w17e Wide LCD Monitor Driver Name: nvd3dum.dll Driver Version: 7.15.0011.5818 (English) DDI Version: 9Ex Driver Attributes: Final Retail

• 10y
    Chaos avatar
    Chaos Offline
    Member Joined 11y
    5,955 points Ranked 756th
    8 medals 1 rare
    • 6 years a member Medal icon
    • Reached 1,000 Points Medal icon
    • Reached 2,500 Points Medal icon
    • One month a member Medal icon
    • 6 months a member Medal icon
    • 1 year a member Medal icon
    You computer is way better than mine and I could get skins for everything on cs and not lag. Your fine.
    Free Creampies
  • 10y
    Chaug avatar
    Chaug Offline
    Member Joined 11y
    Damn I forgot to point out other part of the problem. My CS:S sort of lags once in a while and even ends up FREEZING PERMANENTLY and I am forced to shut it down improperly by pressing the button. This was happened a LOT before when I didn't realize I had two display drives at the same time. But it still lags and kinda freezes here and there. And my guess is the memory that the card lacks of its own.
    meh.

Shareable Image:
Share banner
HTML embed code:
BB embed code:
Markdown embed code:

More embeddable images

Bookmark and Share

Submitter

Chaug avatar
Chaug Offline
Member Joined 11y