Bioshock Errors...?

A Forum Thread for BioShock

SEX! Ok, we got your attention. We are one of the oldest mod sites on the Interwebs. Sign up and maximize your browsing experience.

• Subscribe: Get notified of new submissions like this.
  • Say Thanks: Show your appreciation by sending RuberGruber points.
  • Flag: Alert moderators and warn members of a problem with this Thread.
  • Watch: Get notified when this Thread is updated.
Mascot

Join the community!

Already a Bananite? Login

Unexplainable crashes.

First let me start this out, saying that I've been a fan/watcher of the game, since it's E3 debut. I even waited outside of a local game store for it's release (First day sold out, couldn't get). I love the atmosphere of the game, but for starters I can't even play it. I got a copy on the third day, it seemed to be a faulty one because it crashed in explicitly after the tour of rapture via the bathysphere. Returned got another one the next day. Worked passed the Bathysphere tour, got weapons and moved on. Didn't allow me to play after I got the pistol, from the crazy lady talking to the carriage. More or less if I load up, or go to another level, it crashes... God, must really hate me. Any suggestions? Just out of curiosity would the directory of the game be of any significance? I have a C&D : Drive. And I installed it via the D: Drive. I was a bit obscured By the fact that it installed to Documents and Settings/Long(My name)/Application/2KGames But since It was the one originally stated I went along.

• 10y
    Jack Bauer avatar
    Jack Bauer Offline
    Member Joined 11y
    728 points Ranked 6377th
    Wrong Section.
    Gone since '07, back randomly
  • 10y
    RuberGruber avatar
    Member Joined 12y
    853 points Ranked 5548th
    Posted by JackBauer

Wrong Section.

My bad. Just a little frustrated.
    Monolith Fanatic. avatar
    Mantra
    Monolith Fanatic.
  • 10y
    B2K_iRoNic avatar
    B2K_iRoNic Offline
    Member Joined 11y
    373 points Ranked 11320th
    This is why i dont buy many games for PC, theres just so many things that can go wrong, buy a Xbox 360, some awseome titles coming out this christmas, Wii is for a younger age IMO and the PS3 has completely flopped, i have one and i hate it for everything other than the Blu-Ray
    [B2K] iRoNic - cLVL me up ;D avatar
    Mantra
    [B2K] iRoNic - cLVL me up ;D
  • 10y
    RuberGruber avatar
    Member Joined 12y
    853 points Ranked 5548th
    Posted by B2K_iRoNic

This is why i dont buy many games for PC, theres just so many things that can go wrong, buy a Xbox 360, some awseome titles coming out this christmas, Wii is for a younger age IMO and the PS3 has completely flopped, i have one and i hate it for everything other than the Blu-Ray

Don't really know, if I could make the leap back too consoles, just yet. But I need critique or help on the matter at hand.
    Monolith Fanatic. avatar
    Mantra
    Monolith Fanatic.
  • 10y
    Darko avatar
    Darko Offline
    Member Joined 11y
    463 points Ranked 9518th
    Return it and buy it on steam, That way you don't need a CD and if it still don't walk then you can safely say your computer can't handle it :(
    Banned
  • 10y
    RuberGruber avatar
    Member Joined 12y
    853 points Ranked 5548th
    Posted by Darko

Return it and buy it on steam, That way you don't need a CD and if it still don't walk then you can safely say your computer can't handle it :(

I thinks for a second and I remember. My old account being hijacked/Or I don't know what in god's name happened to it. And my PC Should be able to handle a little above minimum requirements. In all retrospect if the shit hit's the fan for my account I suffer, if I get the game it'll be a mementos even if I can't play it.

Btw, steam made a fuss, when I bought Garry's Mod, demanding I pay 50$, a month.

Nvidia Geforce 7600 GS AGP
    1024 Ram
    Intel Pentium 4 2.8 Ghz [Old but fit's a little above minimum]
    Monolith Fanatic. avatar
    Mantra
    Monolith Fanatic.
  • 10y
    Rokusho avatar
    Rokusho Offline
    Member Joined 12y
    Posted by B2K_iRoNic

God, what a fanboy.

Your system spec looks fine and shouldn't have any difficulties playing the game (mine are lower and the demo worked fine). Have you got all your video drivers up to date?

ALso start with everything on the lowest settings, then incrementally up them, until the FPS get too low, or the computer starts crashing.
    Will map for food. avatar
    Mantra
    Will map for food.
  • 10y
    RuberGruber avatar
    Member Joined 12y
    853 points Ranked 5548th
    They don't seem to helpful, but I might give tech support a call.
    Monolith Fanatic. avatar
    Mantra
    Monolith Fanatic.
  • 10y
    RuberGruber avatar
    Member Joined 12y
    853 points Ranked 5548th
    Ok, upon further realization, 2Kgames screwed me over?
    Monolith Fanatic. avatar
    Mantra
    Monolith Fanatic.

Embed

Share banner
Image URL:
HTML embed code:
BB embed code:
Markdown embed code:

Submitter

RuberGruber avatar
Member Joined 12y