Ads keep us online. Without them, we wouldn't exist. We don't have paywalls or sell mods - we never will. But every month we have large bills and running ads is our only way to cover them. Please consider unblocking us. Thank you from GameBanana <3

Hail to Counter-life.

A Forum Thread for GameBanana

My prayers has been responded. Counter-life... I have always wanted to finish HL with CS guns as real as it gets on the gun side. But now i have a problem my friends a big problem... it limits my counter-life time to 20 minutes per day. After 20 minutes and i kill an enemy I get an error message like this: "Unable to set sound SV_sound volume=285" might not be 100% the one I got but it is in the same tracks. This is bloody annoying and there is no decided enemy it shows up on just random. If I restart the game I get 3 min play then the same message. If reset my computer I get 6 minutes of play. Have an AMD K-6 2 3D cpu clocked at 350 MHZ, AGP Graphics Blaster RIVA TNT, Yamaha ISA OPL3-SA soundcard. 192Mb's of RAM. I run CS 1.3 with the model issue fixed and Hl 1.1.1.0

Replies

• Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    2,424 points Ranked 20190th
    access_time 17y
    I take that as a yes? So the 5.56mm rounds you buy for the M249 will not be added to the Aug/M4/SG550/SG552. Heh, just tonight, I got back my elite skills back. I was wasted almost one whole month by other players. But tonight I got back my sweet revenge. Heh heh. Too bad it wasn't the same guys. But I wonder was it because I did a fresh re-install of CS, cut my hair or deleted the donkey pack models? Or all of them?
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Sweeper avatar
    Sweeper Joined 17y ago
    1,496 points Ranked 21822nd
    access_time 17y
    I don't know I have said.... I spray and pray so I might be just me. M3 is a good gun though.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    access_time 17y
    Yep, that's what I meant. Split the ammo between the M249 and the others which uses 5.56mm rounds.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Sweeper avatar
    Sweeper Joined 17y ago
    access_time 17y
    I don't know... cl_splitammo 1??? hehehe. I guess it is just me who likes the spray and pray. got to learn to conserve ammo instead... Maybe diffrent ammo for M249 but certainly not for M4A1 and AUG for example.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    access_time 17y
    You guys want me to split these ammo like in CS?
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Sweeper avatar
    Sweeper Joined 17y ago
    access_time 17y
    I have tried the M249 with the badass minigun skin but it takes too much time... I ALWAYS open the firefight with full auto one mag of M249 ammo. But with the M249 and the M4A1 as well as the AUG and 552 on the same ammo I can't use them very much. But I use the M3 a lot
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    access_time 17y
    Try other guns like the XM1014 or the M249. Since the XM1014 has changed officially to M4 Super90, I guess I should do the same to the buy menu.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    access_time 17y
    The AWP? Try the XM1014 or the M249. Since the XM1014 has chnaged to M4 Super90, I guess I should do the same for the buy menu.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Sweeper avatar
    Sweeper Joined 17y ago
    access_time 17y
    The same problem occured at the level with the dam and the helicopter after "questionable ethics". Then I had played since the start of the, Train ride and all the way in. Well I had plans for my AMD K6-2 350 to add a CPU fan which is supposed to attached at AMD Athlon XP 2200 and thoose CPU's are hot!!!. Well components at the main motherboard was in the way so it din't work. Not long until I get myself a bad ass PC and maybe then I can enjoy Counter-life from beginning to the end. The big momma (Final boss) has a strange allergy towards the AWP, wonder how though ^_^ HEHHEHE
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    access_time 17y
    Heck, my friend has about 5 or 6 coolants in his CPU from keeping his 3D card and his AMD going boom.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Sweeper avatar
    Sweeper Joined 17y ago
    access_time 17y
    SWEET oh yes... too bad I don't know how to make sweet renders... just doing that would be EXTREMELY nice pics... I had to buy more coolant more the case as well, one extra 80mm but temp still rises.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    access_time 17y
    :shocked: SWEET!
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Sweeper avatar
    Sweeper Joined 17y ago
    access_time 17y
    Problem away... I fetched a GeForce 4 Ti 4600.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    access_time 17y
    Try to use the 1.5 models.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Sweeper avatar
    Sweeper Joined 17y ago
    access_time 17y
    I ain't the best, but I know the trade? yes I do. Okay for CL, I will mail him and see what he needs help to. I think I also know why the CS models ####ed up in CL...
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • IssA avatar
    IssA Joined 17y ago
    377 points Ranked 48132nd
    access_time 17y
    Are u a modeler.. i think haunter neeed a modeler... pls mail him and ask him if he need some help... or if u want to help the cl team.... if u really want cl to be bigger..!!!
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Sweeper avatar
    Sweeper Joined 17y ago
    access_time 17y
    I don't know if it is overclocked though, but I can play 1.5 I did install 1.3 due my friends had trouble with 1.5 so I haven't bothered reinstalling 1.5 since I rarely play CS anymore (we modelers rarely play CS) but I do some reruns. However my computer has more awful problem I doubt you want to know of... As for reinstall of HL I can't. My orginal HL doesn't take mods so I installed from my friends disc. and then a virus wiped out the orginal .exe so my friend sent me a copy of his. I know the morale but I will try to get this fixed the cheap way first, if no help, well after christmas if we get DSL I will use my current computer as server. Before you wonder what I'm going to do, I will buy myself some of the hottest computer availible. I'm sick of lagging behind so now I'm going to be in the front. Bring up the Radeon 9700 PRO.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • CS Player avatar
    CS Player Joined 17y ago
    100 points Ranked 72417th
    access_time 17y
    You might want to try upgrading to CS 1.5 -- Even if you don't like it -- Purley for Counter-Life. You also might want to try a fresh re-install of Half-Life as well and see if this problem persists. Also, if you do a re-install, you might want to do TWO installs in different directories such as: c:\sierra\half-life\cstrike (1.3) c:\games\sierra\half-life\cstrike (1.5) And then install CL to BOTH of them and see what happens. The beauty is that you can play regular CS with your 1.3 and CL with 1.5. Also, is your CPU overclocked or is that the default Mghz speed? Overclocking a CPU can often causes games to lock up because they aren't designed to be run at those speeds. I know that I overclocked my CPU to play UT2003 just to see if there was any difference... But it locks up every 5 seconds. Digital Extremes/Epic said that overclocking on that game is NOT recommend... And I see why.
    Bananite
    URL to post:

Embed

menu
Share banner
Image URL
HTML embed code
BB embed code
Markdown embed code

Author

Sweeper avatar
Sweeper Joined 17y ago