Ads keep us online. Without them, we wouldn't exist. We don't have paywalls or sell mods - we never will. But every month we have large bills and running ads is our only way to cover them. Please consider unblocking us. Thank you from GameBanana <3

Info on Beta 4.3

A Forum Thread for GameBanana

Screenshot of a happy familiy. Can you spot something? If so, tell us. ;) Edit: Look hard. It isn't tough to find. :) Clue? Spray and Pray. Fixes so far: Longjump bug fixed. Valve finally released the fix in SDK 2.3! And such a long time too! But there's still the damage sprites........and the Grenades......... Anyway, I won't be online for this week though. I may log on on Sunday but heck, who can tell? Reason? Let's just say I don't want to go to electronics.

Replies

1-50 of 74
Pages
Go to page:
  • Sweeper avatar
    Sweeper Joined 17y ago
    1,496 points Ranked 21826th
    access_time 17y
    Originally posted by Haunter You can try deleting the cookies and..................maybe add your mod. Oh yeah, when can we see a few screenshots at least? Some of your models are waiting to be shown.
    Special preview for Haunter after 12 GMT! Be online and add me to MSN and I'll give you the preview of the year!
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    2,424 points Ranked 20190th
    access_time 17y
    You can try deleting the cookies and..................maybe add your mod. Oh yeah, when can we see a few screenshots at least? Some of your models are waiting to be shown.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Sweeper avatar
    Sweeper Joined 17y ago
    access_time 17y
    Originally posted by Haunter If they wanted I could add them in. AMX, X-man or others. But it's DIY and easy to sign in. And Sweeper, you voted TWICE? :) Edit: I can only add them if they are signed up into ModDB.
    Nope, I tried to. But It said no because of some cookies shit. I guess a reboot on this public PC would the smart card kick in and flush out the cookies and everything else. Besides, I now have an ID at mod database.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    access_time 17y
    If they wanted I could add them in. AMX, X-man or others. But it's DIY and easy to sign in. And Sweeper, you voted TWICE? :) Edit: I can only add them if they are signed up into ModDB.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Sweeper avatar
    Sweeper Joined 17y ago
    access_time 17y
    I had to vote... FULL score. CL is the best. wonder how it's cousin will be... HEY! You forgot to add X man to the list of members. he is your mapper ya know.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    access_time 17y
    Speaking of which, you all might want to head down to:
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Sweeper avatar
    Sweeper Joined 17y ago
    access_time 17y
    Originally posted by Haunter I also wanted a mod like this. CS weapons with HL maps. When Atom said it was released, I was overjoyed! HL with CS weapons. Unfortunately, bugs here and there. Not all weapons available. Damage too low etc. When Atom passed me the source, I nearly passed out. Of course, there are lots of obstacles before that like someone ( :roll: ) mentioned he did CL Beta 2. When we played, it was still Beta 1. :) Go figure! Edit: There were also lots of posts in the forums wanting CL Beta 2. We waited and waited. I was starting to get depressed. One of my favourite mods is going down. So when I got the source I quickly get to work. Beta 2 wasn't successful. I used C++ 5 instead of 6, so the falling bug appeared. From there, I started to fix this, that and almost everything. Now we are almost ready for Beta 5 although it's 47% done.
    Well it was by luck that the nukebox boys talked of this mod. I found it and downloaded it. Got it home and played and played. That was when I had the TNT, good graphics but the set sound_volume = thingy ruined it. After I got the Ti 4600, the underwater and menu bug appeared but the sound bug has rarely to no been seen. I'm going to sail with this hsip into the harbor. If only aMX would talk a little as well. ;)
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    access_time 17y
    I also wanted a mod like this. CS weapons with HL maps. When Atom said it was released, I was overjoyed! HL with CS weapons. Unfortunately, bugs here and there. Not all weapons available. Damage too low etc. When Atom passed me the source, I nearly passed out. Of course, there are lots of obstacles before that like someone ( :roll: ) mentioned he did CL Beta 2. When we played, it was still Beta 1. :) Go figure! Edit: There were also lots of posts in the forums wanting CL Beta 2. We waited and waited. I was starting to get depressed. One of my favourite mods is going down. So when I got the source I quickly get to work. Beta 2 wasn't successful. I used C++ 5 instead of 6, so the falling bug appeared. From there, I started to fix this, that and almost everything. Now we are almost ready for Beta 5 although it's 47% done.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Sweeper avatar
    Sweeper Joined 17y ago
    access_time 17y
    Originally posted by Haunter 'the' Haunter?
    erease the if you don't like it CL legend. Your mod was what I have wanted since I first hit HL.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    access_time 17y
    'the' Haunter?
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Sweeper avatar
    Sweeper Joined 17y ago
    access_time 17y
    Originally posted by Haunter Not me. In the readme.txt, I thanked my bed for preventing me half-fried brain from blowing up.
    I am pretty sure the bed reads your readme.txt right? By the way, more jokes there please. or credit to the Haunter.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    access_time 17y
    Not me. In the readme.txt, I thanked my bed for preventing me half-fried brain from blowing up.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Sweeper avatar
    Sweeper Joined 17y ago
    access_time 17y
    Originally posted by Haunter What about wooden doors? Not even my 9mm rounds can punch through them. Let alone my .45ACP.
    The coder fell asleep over the keyboard... You know what happends. all keys down at once. Then they spend so much time earasing it that they forgot to add penetration for thoose rounds. That is the secret behind game development and coders.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    access_time 17y
    What about wooden doors? Not even my 9mm rounds can punch through them. Let alone my .45ACP.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Sweeper avatar
    Sweeper Joined 17y ago
    access_time 17y
    Damn glass they sell now a days. They can't stand a man armed with a rocket launcher, flamer, microwave gun, pistol, heavy mg and Mac-10. Plus some C4 and hand grenades and armor. They break, can't figure out why though :D
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    access_time 17y
    Now, THAT's comedy!
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Sweeper avatar
    Sweeper Joined 17y ago
    access_time 17y
    Originally posted by Haunter Hahahaha! But nothing beats good ol' HLDM where you fire both barrels of the shotgun and your foe goes flying out of the window. Hell, I've been called mad just because I fired one guy and he flew out of the window in crossfire. I just can't stop laughing.
    In SOF 1 I was on the roof in a multi player combat. There was a glass window and I saw he dude below. Drew my Heavy machine gun, aimed so good and the damn glass breaks sending me howling down, ruining my aim. and getting me killed by the flamer.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    access_time 17y
    Hahahaha! But nothing beats good ol' HLDM where you fire both barrels of the shotgun and your foe goes flying out of the window. Hell, I've been called mad just because I fired one guy and he flew out of the window in crossfire. I just can't stop laughing.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Sweeper avatar
    Sweeper Joined 17y ago
    access_time 17y
    Funny to use it when you have tweaked the damage. A long corridor. I kick an enemy and he soars down the corridor and crashes in the wall so hard that my computer crashes also.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    access_time 17y
    I use the good ol' Boot of Nukem.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Sweeper avatar
    Sweeper Joined 17y ago
    access_time 17y
    yeah, I went psycho with the chaingun. every wall was painted with lead.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    access_time 17y
    I also hate it when brain suckers suddenly come up right to your face. Scared the hell out of me.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Sweeper avatar
    Sweeper Joined 17y ago
    access_time 17y
    Originally posted by Haunter The worst is when you go talk to dancers.
    Hmm in Duke nukem Forever you will see that in Unreal engine style.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    access_time 17y
    The worst is when you go talk to dancers.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Sweeper avatar
    Sweeper Joined 17y ago
    access_time 17y
    Originally posted by Haunter *"I'm here to kick ass and chew bubble gum, and I am all outta gum" Duke Nukem when starting on Shrapnel city.* Player in Fallout 2 continues: I'm all out of gum.
    Well, I love Duke's 1 liners. It's you just you and me, you one eyed freak! Final boss meeting. on the football lane. Tweaked my pistol a little and he died. Then I play fotball with his head. The best cut scene is when you complete lunar station! That scene is rather.... amusing.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    access_time 17y
    *"I'm here to kick ass and chew bubble gum, and I am all outta gum" Duke Nukem when starting on Shrapnel city.* Player in Fallout 2 continues: I'm all out of gum.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Sweeper avatar
    Sweeper Joined 17y ago
    access_time 17y
    Originally posted by Haunter Ok, people we have a problem. Beta 4.3 might be delayed by at least one more day. I screwed up on the CVARS a little. But no problem. I'll pass to AMX the fixed .dll ASAP. Get your ingram Mac10 custom models ready, we're going to see how well the enemies dance to the Mac10's tunes.
    You bet ya I got thoose ready to kick ass. VZ scorpion anyone? "I'm here to kick ass and chew bubble gum, and I am all outta gum" Duke Nukem when starting on Shrapnel city. "Dance baby, dance" Sweepers tune when making soldiers dance to the MAC-10.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    access_time 17y
    Ok, people we have a problem. Beta 4.3 might be delayed by at least one more day. I screwed up on the CVARS a little. But no problem. I'll pass to AMX the fixed .dll ASAP. Get your ingram Mac10 custom models ready, we're going to see how well the enemies dance to the Mac10's tunes.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Sweeper avatar
    Sweeper Joined 17y ago
    access_time 17y
    Originally posted by Haunter Then delete HL and do a fresh install like what CS Player says.
    WHAT? ohh well. hmm it seems I might move into the coding buisness myself... FA supporting bots has died again. BoC is down and I would like to pick up the pace and do a job with it. But I'm blank, asked for advice to see where I can start.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    access_time 17y
    Then delete HL and do a fresh install like what CS Player says.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Sweeper avatar
    Sweeper Joined 17y ago
    access_time 17y
    Originally posted by Haunter ONLY the savegames. And also add a few files, models, sounds, sprites etc. and you're ready to go. Or just re-install CL for an easier, fustration-free gameplay.
    Well I blame you if the install says CL is installed and refuses to install.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    access_time 17y
    ONLY the savegames. And also add a few files, models, sounds, sprites etc. and you're ready to go. Or just re-install CL for an easier, fustration-free gameplay.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Sweeper avatar
    Sweeper Joined 17y ago
    access_time 17y
    Originally posted by Haunter I not sure. Maybe you could help us try this script. But you shouldn't have bothered yourself with this. In 4.3, there's a new CVAR for you to customize your buy menu timing. If anyone is reading this post, Beta 4.3 is 99.99% done. I'm fixing the grenade bug at the moment. It is where you lose your weapons and you have, say, 2 HEGrenades in your possession. When you wake up and head to the nearest station, you can buy up to 13 HEs where the max capacity is 15 HEs. The game stills thinks you still have that 2 HEs. Beta 4.3 is a helluva update. And Beta 4 savegames won't work in Beta 4.3, just a reminder.
    Hmm don't we have to throw out the entire CL and reinstall to make work? Is it just to delete the Cl folder or do I have to haunt Haunter through the registry as well?
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    access_time 17y
    I not sure. Maybe you could help us try this script. But you shouldn't have bothered yourself with this. In 4.3, there's a new CVAR for you to customize your buy menu timing. If anyone is reading this post, Beta 4.3 is 99.99% done. I'm fixing the grenade bug at the moment. It is where you lose your weapons and you have, say, 2 HEGrenades in your possession. When you wake up and head to the nearest station, you can buy up to 13 HEs where the max capacity is 15 HEs. The game stills thinks you still have that 2 HEs. Beta 4.3 is a helluva update. And Beta 4 savegames won't work in Beta 4.3, just a reminder.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    access_time 17y
    I tired overclocking my 3D card once. Whoo! It so freaking hot when I touch it! I could almost swear I could almost saw my skin melt!
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Sweeper avatar
    Sweeper Joined 17y ago
    access_time 17y
    Originally posted by Haunter Ok, ok maybe I should rephrase that. The buy menus are still the same. But they have been both extended and reduced. Becauwe while coding CL, I realised CL has run out of options to accomodate CS:CZ's Galil and FAMAS. So I removed here, there. Add this, that. And now we have 8 options in the main buy menu. The 1st to 7th still sells the stuff you need. Option 8 is for CS:CZ weapons. So.............no armor? Wait and see. Edit: If you want to know. CL's 90% done.
    I thought you ment VGUI menu's... still screwed menu's? Ok. I got to tweak more on the GeForce... I have spent a week on tweaking and I'm not done yet.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    access_time 17y
    Ok, ok maybe I should rephrase that. The buy menus are still the same. But they have been both extended and reduced. Becauwe while coding CL, I realised CL has run out of options to accomodate CS:CZ's Galil and FAMAS. So I removed here, there. Add this, that. And now we have 8 options in the main buy menu. The 1st to 7th still sells the stuff you need. Option 8 is for CS:CZ weapons. So.............no armor? Wait and see. Edit: If you want to know. CL's 90% done.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Sweeper avatar
    Sweeper Joined 17y ago
    access_time 17y
    Originally posted by Haunter Here's a few stuff about Beta 4.3: GAMEPLAY: -New buy menus. -Roached now squashable. -Longjump mod fixed. WEAPONS: -M249 have seperate 5.56mm bullets. -M249 now hold 200 max carry ammo. -Bullet spread back to original. These are few of the fixes and features.
    What? new buymenu's? how do they look like? Hope they look better than the old one on a GeForce 4. Between the text mine is filled with semi-transparent ! signs. On the TNT this was not a factor but on the GeForce it appeared.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    access_time 17y
    Here's a few stuff about Beta 4.3: GAMEPLAY: -New buy menus. -Roached now squashable. -Longjump mod fixed. WEAPONS: -M249 have seperate 5.56mm bullets. -M249 now hold 200 max carry ammo. -Bullet spread back to original. These are few of the fixes and features.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    access_time 17y
    Yeah, the recoil's all done. I need to double check the Mac10's recoil. It's quite accurate so I need to increase its spread.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    access_time 17y
    They:Strike might have to wait a while longer. I plan to release it after 4.3. Meanwhile, download the full version of They:Hunger.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • IssA avatar
    IssA Joined 17y ago
    377 points Ranked 48145th
    access_time 17y
    Haunter: Hey X man! Something screwed up with the stuff I owe you. So I need to correct it. And thanks for solving Wampyrus' and Sweeper's problem.
    Youre Welcome My Friend ! :D
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Guest avatar
    Guest Joined 14y ago
    19 medals 4 legendary 6 rare
    • Submitted 100 Skins Medal icon
    • Submitted 50 Maps Medal icon
    • Submitted 200 Threads Medal icon
    • Submitted 30 Tutorials Medal icon
    • Submitted 50 Skins Medal icon
    • Submitted 20 Maps Medal icon
    access_time 17y
    So what about THEY STRIKE??? Is that going to happen? hehe. Just curious is all.
    Bot Account
    URL to post:
  • Sweeper avatar
    Sweeper Joined 17y ago
    access_time 17y
    Hmm thanks, how could I have missed that file? Hell, I did mess with it once but I thought Haunter had fixed it, add it to the bug part with a quick and dirty fix and total fix with the edit of the install and or code.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    access_time 17y
    Hey X man! Something screwed up with the stuff I owe you. So I need to correct it. And thanks for solving Wampyrus' and Sweeper's problem.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • IssA avatar
    IssA Joined 17y ago
    377 points Ranked 48145th
    access_time 17y
    Copy Old CL3 "sentences.txt" Or Hl's "sentences.txt" you find it here X:\sierra\games\halflife\valve\sound\sentences.txt you should place it here cl\sound\sentences.txt
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Sweeper avatar
    Sweeper Joined 17y ago
    access_time 17y
    Originally posted by Wampyrus the scientists do not speak anything, as when in normal HL game they should speak..... like the scene before i enter the test chamber... also, the assassinated barney and the sniped barney (w/shotgun) do not speak a word..... e.g: in normal game... freeman right, i got a message for u, make sure u dun..... arg......... in CL.... ........................................................................................... arg.........
    Yes, I have to noclip the door into the test chamber, the scientists just stands there. Also the speaking from the control room is silent. What is wrong? I'm not a coder so please help me out. As for the G3 animation, well that clip needs further moving (Inserts the same clip) I can fix the clip right away BUT I need to install MS3D immedetly. I will say when and then you cna mail me your G3 replacement skins (They must use the default G3 Animation) and I will fix them.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Xianghua avatar
    Xianghua Joined 17y ago
    333 points Ranked 49479th
    access_time 17y
    the scientists do not speak anything, as when in normal HL game they should speak..... like the scene before i enter the test chamber... also, the assassinated barney and the sniped barney (w/shotgun) do not speak a word..... e.g: in normal game... freeman right, i got a message for u, make sure u dun..... arg......... in CL.... ........................................................................................... arg.........
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    access_time 17y
    Aye. Decisions, decisions. Tough to be a coder, isn't it? :D One more new feature added: G3 reloading time shortened. So does its animation.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • peril avatar
    peril Joined 17y ago
    254 points Ranked 52694th
    access_time 17y
    Different ammo prices for different weapons? That'll end my 'get lots of 5.56 ammo for $1 per round' scam where I buy the M249 for the sole purpose of getting 100 rds for $100 instead of 30 rds in anything else. :D
    Bananite
    URL to post:

Embed

menu
Share banner
Image URL
HTML embed code
BB embed code
Markdown embed code

Author

Haunter avatar
Haunter Joined 18y ago