Ads keep us online. Without them, we wouldn't exist. We don't have paywalls or sell mods - we never will. But every month we have large bills and running ads is our only way to cover them. Please consider unblocking us. Thank you from GameBanana <3

High Definition Pack.

A Forum Thread for GameBanana

Can someone tell me how to get the high definition pack working with CL. I installed HL, the high def pack, then CL but it still shows the old models. Thanks,

Replies

• Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    2,424 points Ranked 20193rd
    access_time 17y
    go to the cl\models folder and delete the scientists models. You HD pack should work fine. There are two ways to get the HD pack. 1) Buy Blue Shift 2) Beg Gearbox to release the HD pack as a download.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • HAZARD avatar
    HAZARD Joined 17y ago
    access_time 17y
    I. And it's perfectly worked.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • CS Player avatar
    CS Player Joined 17y ago
    100 points Ranked 72479th
    access_time 17y
    Haunter is probably the one to answer this better than I... But I think the only way to get the HD pack to work with CL is to copy the .pk files (1 and 0, I think) to the CL directory. In theory, you shouldn't have to do this because the HL engine first looks for any .pk files for the models it needs and in any subfolders -- including Mods like Counter-Strike, DOD -- Second. If it finds the models in the .pk files it stops and doesn't go any further. Therefore, with the already installed HD pack files, Half-Life should automatically be using those. If it is not, try copying and moving those .pk files to the CL directory and see what happens. I am surprised that Haunter didn't include the HD models -- Barney and Scientists -- as the default game models in this release since he did Beta3. I know for a fact they were in there because I don't have the HDP, but when I played CL Beta3 my Barney and Scientists models were the HD ones (smooth rounded facial features, not blocky and had more realistic skin-tones and not zombie white).
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Pseudocode avatar
    Pseudocode Joined 17y ago
    3,103 points Ranked 3079th
    access_time 17y
    Obviously the updated weapon models won't work. But the scientists and Barneys work just fine on mine. Make sure you have it installed before you install CL.
    Bananite
    URL to post:

Embed

menu
Share banner
Image URL
HTML embed code
BB embed code
Markdown embed code

Author

Guest avatar
Guest Joined 14y ago