Ads keep us online. Without them, we wouldn't exist. We don't have paywalls or sell mods - we never will. But every month we have large bills and running ads is our only way to cover them. Please consider unblocking us. Thank you from GameBanana <3

Beta 4 done

A Forum Thread for GameBanana

*Cracks fingers* Yes, it's true. Just left the installer. I know, I know. You all are itching to get your hands on it. Just relax. It's finished isn't it? Both AMX and me are now concern about the installer. Just to let you guys know, the Deagle is a little terrible at the moment. So please, ANY complains about it will be ignored.

Replies

• Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    2,424 points Ranked 20193rd
    access_time 17y
    This thread has won the Counter-Life forum's most viewed thread and also the Counter-Life forum's most replied thread. I would like to thank everyone who had contributed to make this possible. Thank you! We couldn't have done it without you. :cool:
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • BigHeadCrab avatar
    BigHeadCrab Joined 17y ago
    174 points Ranked 58016th
    access_time 17y
    how long how longer... :dbz: -Gordon they are waiting for you at the test chamber... -The Shit Hits The Fan- Base Zomega :apc: -We must go to facility and kill all the scientists Somewhere in Xen :jump: -We must go to facility and eat all the scientists Back in the Lab :shocked: -Wow! what a mess! Who did it? It must be the donut stealer! :roll: -Hmm.. I must sneak, think, shoot and save the world... :m249: -What am I doing? :sig552: -Don't know... just shoot By the Pc :m4: -You are a cheater because you killed me... :P Everyone is cheating everyone :P
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • IssA avatar
    IssA Joined 17y ago
    377 points Ranked 48149th
    access_time 17y
    Haunter... meet me at the bomb1 site.. we gonna talk businez
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • IssA avatar
    IssA Joined 17y ago
    access_time 17y
    :D Heil Haunter!
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    access_time 17y
    *Brings a huge fire extinguiusher* PSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • BigHeadCrab avatar
    access_time 17y
    Originally posted by Haunter Beta 4 IS done. If you guys want, we could release it with the screwy installer which might actually bring flames to the forum.:dbz: Whoa.....:shocked:
    flames are allready down to forum :P
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • BigHeadCrab avatar
    access_time 17y
    by the way is the Metzger is the same Metzger form wastelandHL? Any idea?
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • LocKStocK avatar
    LocKStocK Joined 17y ago
    3,000 points Ranked 9040th
    access_time 17y
    Ok HeadCrab:confused:
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • BigHeadCrab avatar
    access_time 17y
    come crawl faster, obey your master, your life goes faster, or what the heck is better.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    access_time 17y
    Damn! they changed their address! The old address brings you to this webpage with a smiley guy!
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • IssA avatar
    IssA Joined 17y ago
    access_time 17y
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    access_time 17y
    The problem with the Deagle is that.........it's a surprise! Yes, that's it! A surprise! Hahahahaha!:D *Ahem*I suppose this thing will be done by tonight. Hopefully. While going through Beta 4, I realised some animations are screwed up. I'll look into that. But overall, it's just a matter of perfection. Anyway, try retro-cs for a little change in style. From the way I see it, is more of a fun mod which I quite enjoy.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • The Mole avatar
    The Mole Joined 17y ago
    access_time 17y
    OMG! dying for 4.0 :eek:
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Guest avatar
    Guest Joined 14y ago
    19 medals 4 legendary 6 rare
    • Submitted 100 Skins Medal icon
    • Submitted 50 Maps Medal icon
    • Submitted 200 Threads Medal icon
    • Submitted 30 Tutorials Medal icon
    • Submitted 50 Skins Medal icon
    • Submitted 20 Maps Medal icon
    access_time 17y
    Originally posted by Nepchewn You couldn't release a game with a glitch that destroyed someone's computer. Most likely the problem is that it has bad accuracy.
    Yeah, you're right. Sorry guys. I'll shut up now.
    Bot Account
    URL to post:
  • HAZARD avatar
    HAZARD Joined 17y ago
    access_time 17y
    Yeah, me too! Old .bat (from Beta 2.5) perfectly works, and i use it for Beta 3 too:dbz:
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Guest avatar
    Guest Joined 14y ago
    access_time 17y
    I am mildly upset by this. I know that I can install the thing on my own. I do not need some ultra orchestratrated thingie to make the intaller usaeable. I do not need him to tell me what to do. I can handle it. The End. Thanks guys. I appreciate it. Really. though. I look forwared to the installer.
    Bot Account
    URL to post:
  • IssA avatar
    IssA Joined 17y ago
    access_time 17y
    Its The mutha ####in better to make it like the cs installer... it will make the cl team think like its cs And they get like to make it more like cs.. :D So let them take theyr times... But Damn it.. i dont think it will really take so long to make a installer. Me self can make a installer like cs 100% in no time... but i gues that i will take time to uploading! :cool:
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Pseudocode avatar
    Pseudocode Joined 17y ago
    3,103 points Ranked 3079th
    access_time 17y
    Yeah, but they want to make it all fancy like CS itself. Making a complex installer is like using expensive wrapping paper on Christmas presents.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • HAZARD avatar
    HAZARD Joined 17y ago
    access_time 17y
    Making a .BAT installer - 1 hour maximum. :roll:
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    access_time 17y
    Which reminds me, the fire sprite in CZ might be different from HL as in it looks better. I'm not sure if I could import it in without changing the engine. In case you all are wondering, there is almost no recoil with the M4 and the Aug. Meanwhile, it's revision for me as I have an upcoming exam next week, 25th October. It's kind of a little too late, but given with my smarts( :P ) I only need to revise two subjects out five. I mean come on, you don't really expect me to revise programming, do you?;)
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • natko avatar
    natko username pic Joined 18y ago
    Ripe Supporter Admin
    291,120 points Ranked 10th
    59 medals 11 legendary 15 rare
    • Achieved Admin clearance Medal icon
    • 10 years a member Medal icon
    • Submitted 15 Tools Medal icon
    • Submitted 50 Gamefiles Medal icon
    access_time 17y
    Y'know, it's times like this that I'm glad I didn't delete the CL website from my favourites list after all :D But the sooner that installer is up and running the better, I've been itching to get the dual Elites for ages!
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Pseudocode avatar
    Pseudocode Joined 17y ago
    3,103 points Ranked 3079th
    access_time 17y
    Why is not it released yet? :(
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • CS Player avatar
    CS Player Joined 17y ago
    100 points Ranked 72450th
    access_time 17y
    Something that Haunter might want to know... There is a way to make Molatov cocktails with the current Half-Life engine. Since I am getting into mapping, I downloaded this prefab that is basically a "func_trigger" tied to a model of a bottle with a rag sticking out of it that you can place anywhere in your map (on tables, on the floor, etc). You can't pick it up and throw it... But if you shoot it or break it, it triggers an explosion and flames that engulf the floor around you and deal out as much damage ("hurt_func") points as you want. Basically, it's limited to a stationary booby-trap. Just thought you might want to know. Can't wait to play Beta 4. Sounds cool.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • HAZARD avatar
    HAZARD Joined 17y ago
    access_time 17y
    So, if installer is ready, can we see Beta4 tomorrow, at last???:D Or today?:D
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    access_time 17y
    planned. :D
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • HAZARD avatar
    HAZARD Joined 17y ago
    access_time 17y
    It's some sort of VISE or MSI Instaler? And it'll be asks "Choose your HL Dir" and "Choose your CS Dir''? And some offer for Beta 5: GIVE SMOKE GRENADES TO SOLDIERS!!!! It'll be really cool, when you don't see soldier, who pack you with 9mm:p And what about Grenade Bug in the end of "Apprehension"? It already solved or just planned?
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    access_time 17y
    That's only an example. It won't happen. :) AMX has a better installer ready. Much better than the .bat file. And some of us has problems with the installer.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • HAZARD avatar
    HAZARD Joined 17y ago
    access_time 17y
    Why not use old install_cs.bat file? It perfectly works w\Beta3!!! And flashbangs must be stay! It's cool when soldiers uses FBs on you:)
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    access_time 17y
    It seems like something cropped up as I've just passed to AMX a new splash screen. So maybe tomorrow. It's 6.50pm here, Saturday, 12/10/2002. Wot weapons r still missing? The Ingram Mac 10. Before the release of Beta 2, I said I won't be adding CZ weapons. But after knowing more about the molotov cocktail and FAMAS....I think I'll add another buy option for CS:CZ weapons. I can't say it would be successful though. Wot improvements will there be? I'll try to add dynamic crosshairs and the money sprite. And the semi-auto fire for the handguns. Bugs I'll fix: the longjump bug, the level-grenade bug, buying in XEN, Shell ejections etc. On a lighter note, the feedback is only for good or bad comments for the game not Q and A. If you think that your feedback is going to have questions, use the forums. Otherwise, no one's going to answer you. e.g. The flashbangs should be removed. What do you think? Feedback like these shold be in the forums. I know some of you are a little lazy signing up and the feedback section is like instant messaging. But don't you think it's useless to post a Very Important Question(to you maybe) and have no one answering it?
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • LocKStocK avatar
    LocKStocK Joined 17y ago
    access_time 17y
    Hey Haunter....now that CL Beta 4 is finally finished:D (Me is glad that I don't have to check the site every day anymore) In Beta 5: Wot weapons r still missing? Wot improvements will there be?
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • BigHeadCrab avatar
    access_time 17y
    how about just zipping it... I am not that mad about it... I am mad how to bring down two Saladins at Stronghold:Crusader... then two lion heart and then 5 Snake.. sgh... where is the "simple infantry with a simple semi-auto rifle that is almost in every strategy game"" when you accually need one...
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    access_time 17y
    There an error on the webpage. Beta 4 IS done. If you guys want, we could release it with the screwy installer which might actually bring flames to the forum.:dbz: Whoa.....:shocked: Meanwhile, download a few skins to prepare yourselves with the semi-final battle with Nihilanth.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • BigHeadCrab avatar
    access_time 17y
    then it is not done :P I remember sp mod anounced phl to be relesead one day after... mm... called unknowed manace... It's been over a month and it looks it staff "somehow" lost the files after a they began uploading... It is a mistery to me... mmh... the site is .... by the way I bought "ghost in the shell" and noticed it wasn't dvd (compare the prices fool compare the prices)... and I'm out of vcd playing stuff... and not planing bother a slow dl... I'm working at a lan center which had a panorama (projector)...
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    access_time 17y
    Be patient, you all have given me alot of time. Now it's time to given AMX more time. Edit: Don't EVER think of bothering AMX. Want any answers, write to me.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Guest avatar
    Guest Joined 14y ago
    access_time 17y
    hehe. It's fun watching you guys squirm. 8^b This is a good thing people, it'll come.
    Bot Account
    URL to post:
  • BigHeadCrab avatar
    access_time 17y
    spam i must
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • LocKStocK avatar
    LocKStocK Joined 17y ago
    access_time 17y
    God damn this is drivin me MAD!!!!! Just release the damn thing:jump:
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • HAZARD avatar
    HAZARD Joined 17y ago
    access_time 17y
    I haven't any homework on tomorrow:D And what about ROF? It'll like CS?
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    access_time 17y
    It WILL be released. Now stop asking about Beta4 and go do your homework! :) Beta 4 will explain EVERYTHING about the deagle. Try out the 5-7 first. I've pump up the power. Almost as letal as the Deagle but no penetration for it.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • HAZARD avatar
    HAZARD Joined 17y ago
    access_time 17y
    So, what's with Deagle now? It's animation bug or it just fires anywhere expect target? :) And, there is no sign for download:( Can we play it tomorrow???
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    access_time 17y
    I have this problem with Barney attacking both you and the zombies. And some of the scripted scenes are 85% working. And the female zombie sounds are having male zombie sounds. I have only tested They:Hunger episode 1. I haven't tried 2 or 3 yet. Edit: Nepchew The game will start at the tram. To edit, find liblist.gam. Open it with notepad and find starting map. c0a0 is the tram(intro). c1a0 is the place where the gates open for you to enter black mesa. c1a0d is the place where you go get your HEV. EVERYONE The HEV is silent now. Except for the geiger counter.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Guest avatar
    Guest Joined 14y ago
    access_time 17y
    yah, me too. But hey, it"s done right? That kicks ass. Thanks Haunter, thanks amx. I look forward to playing it a lot over the weekend. P S So....like, How's "They Strike" lookin'? ;-)
    Bot Account
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    access_time 17y
    Be a little patient, you guys don't want the installer to be screwy again right? AMX is working more harder than me now. Go for it, AMX! :) You guys must be glad the scope switching bug and the 99 armor bug has be eliminated.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • BigHeadCrab avatar
    access_time 17y
    I'm afraid he gonna hack my pc and make de to kill my self thru the screen... aka. videodrome... what ever the glicth is it would bother because i'll stick to CL** till cz comes out... later... sure but not often... **It's unique for now in Sp. only Raven Shlied or CZ will shake it's throne.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Guest avatar
    Guest Joined 14y ago
    access_time 17y
    i'm having lots of fun sitting here hitting refresh over and over!
    Bot Account
    URL to post:
  • HAZARD avatar
    HAZARD Joined 17y ago
    access_time 17y
    2 Haunter PLZZZZZZ MAN, Send it to me!!!!!!!!!!! I want Duals!!!!
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    access_time 17y
    CoFR|Necroscope - thank you very much hope you guys enjoy it. ->XTC[-Ecstacy! - Sorry man! :) I've got a test this week but now it's over. I've scored a 70! :) I went to msn a few times but you weren't there. BigHeadCrab - Play Beta 4. You'll know what I mean. ;)
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • BigHeadCrab avatar
    access_time 17y
    they are working... by the way what's the problem with D.E.? I wouldn't bother much unless it is about animations
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • IssA avatar
    IssA Joined 17y ago
    access_time 17y
    why not becoming online in msn.. its boring without u!!! master of beating wife and eat them!!!
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Guest avatar
    Guest Joined 14y ago
    access_time 17y
    YAY!!! IT'S DONE!!! Thanks Haunter, et al.
    Bot Account
    URL to post:

Embed

menu
Share banner
Image URL
HTML embed code
BB embed code
Markdown embed code

Author

Haunter avatar
Haunter Joined 18y ago