Ads keep us online. Without them, we wouldn't exist. We don't have paywalls or sell mods - we never will. But every month we have large bills and running ads is our only way to cover them. Please consider unblocking us. Thank you from GameBanana <3

Check This Site Out for Great Guns f...

A Forum Thread for GameBanana

Since FPS is not an issue with SP Counter-Life, check out this site to give "Gordon" the most advanced weapons known to man ;) http://www.weapon-hacks.com HACKS DOES NOT REFER TO ONLINE CHEATS! What it means is that these are weapon/skin models that have been "hacked" together by some of the top CS Community modelers and skinners. Some of these weapons just RULE! They are, however, high poly, but like I said, in a SP game that's not even an issue so, if you're gonna frag grunts and aliens, do it in style! Also, the benefit of this is that you can try out these models in SP to see if you like them before using them in regular CS.

Replies

• Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    2,424 points Ranked 20193rd
    access_time 17y
    Credits are given to the modellers though.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • CS Player avatar
    CS Player Joined 17y ago
    100 points Ranked 72479th
    access_time 17y
    What would be really cool that could be in Beta 5 and make CL stand out even more -- If Haunter and Co choose to do so... Would be to put BACK in Half-Life's original Grendage Launching mode with one of the primary weapons you buy. That way, we could use the hacked models that have M203 grenade launcher under them like the Aug and M14A. What do you think, Haunter? Would that be too hard? I know that grenades being launched isn't a true CS thing... But then again, SP Counter-Life isn't exactly something Gooseman and the rest of the team originally intended it to be used as ;)
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • BigHeadCrab avatar
    BigHeadCrab Joined 17y ago
    174 points Ranked 58041st
    access_time 17y
    well those hacks could be the answer for;
    an idea... ask for modellers to use their already made custom cs models and use some weapons as variations of the other? There is almost every weapon skin over the net
    since they are hacks no one can say "why did you use it without permission". Since they are already done without permission :P
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • BigHeadCrab avatar
    access_time 17y
    I know but they had some unique pieces once
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    access_time 17y
    CSPLAYER! WHY!!? WHY!!? WHY DIDN"T YOU TELL US ABOUT THIS WEBPAGE SOONER!!?? All those lovely hacks! Damn! I've never had so much fun playing online!
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • CS Player avatar
    CS Player Joined 17y ago
    access_time 17y
    URL to post:
  • BigHeadCrab avatar
    access_time 17y
    something about hacks is clan of dead goat's gun shop is dead or moved to somewhere else?
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    access_time 17y
    That's why we have CL. :D OK everyone, I estimate that CL Beta 4 will be officially released on either on Thursday or Friday. Give AMX and me more time, please? Is that a yes? Good. :)
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • CS Player avatar
    CS Player Joined 17y ago
    access_time 17y
    Pseudocode There is a way to replace the models in regular Half-Life and is actually quite simple. In your Valve folder (C:\Sierra\Half-Life\valve) there should be a subfolder called "models" (C:\Sierra\Half-Life\valve\models). Half-Life looks first in the .pk files (0, 1) and then in the subfolders when it calls models for the game and then stops when it finds what it is looking for. So, when ever you ("Gordon") draws a 9mm Berratta, the game looks in the .pk files for the beretta first -- Called "9mmhandgun.mdl" and then if it doesn't find it there, looks at the subfolders (the valve\models folder). This is why the Blue-Shift HDP (High Definition Pack) is really a pack in every sense of the word. It just replaces the original Half-Life .pks with the new ones with high poly models. Getting back to your question... All you have to do is take any custom model you want to use instead of the default (or HDP models), name it the same as the original file the game calls up and place it in the valve\models folder. Example: Original file = 9mmhandgun.mdl File you want to replace: Glock18.mdl Rename Glock18.mdl ---> 9mmhandgun.mdl Place 9mmhandgun.mdl in C:\Sierra\Half-Life\valve\models (if there is already a "9mmhandgun.mdl" in there, overwrite it; there shouldn't be ANY models in there that I am aware of). Start Half-Life and when you use the pistol it should be the new model. HOWEVER THIS WILL NOT WORK WITH COUNTER-STRIKE ANIMATION BASED MODELS Why? Because the animation codes are DIFFERENT than original Half-Life. The timing will be off as will sounds. They will still fire, but you will see flashes without sound the guns will reload themselves when you are idle (walking around or standing still not shooting). This is why it is best to use Counter-Life since it DOES use the default CS models which you can customize by downloading your own and simply placing them in the CL\models folder just like regular Counter-Strike. I know there are replacement Half-Life SP models out there... But they are VERY rare and sometimes not even as good as the original ones you get with the game. This is why CL is a good subsitute and alternative to giving Half-Life a more asthetic look and feel.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Pseudocode avatar
    Pseudocode Joined 17y ago
    3,103 points Ranked 3079th
    access_time 17y
    Is there a way to use these models in Half-Life (not counter-life)? Like replace the U.S. issue 9mm(i have the blueshift HD pack but it still sicks) with a good glock model, or the MP5 with a better MP5.
    Bananite
    URL to post:

Embed

menu
Share banner
Image URL
HTML embed code
BB embed code
Markdown embed code

Author

CS Player avatar
CS Player Joined 17y ago