Ads keep us online. Without them, we wouldn't exist. We don't have paywalls or sell mods - we never will. But every month we have large bills and running ads is our only way to cover them. Please consider unblocking us. Thank you from GameBanana <3

Counter-Life: Sven Co-op ?

A Forum Thread for GameBanana

I recently downloaded a rather fun mod called Sven Co-op. I'm not sure if you've played it, but if you're unfamiliar with it: Sven Co-op is a Co-operative modification for Valve’s genre-defining game Half-Life. In this modification, you are not fighting against other players -- they are your allies, and you need to work with them to overcome large numbers of AI-controlled enemies. Sven Co-op fills this gap by providing not only the ability to play the original Half-Life Single-Player game co-operatively, but also a broad range of diverse co-operative scenarios. Though most are set in the Half-Life universe, Sven Co-op’s mapping features allow map developers to create their own, unique experiences for players, ranging from realistic military missions to medieval RPG themed adventures. As well as the hundreds of custom scenarios created by the community, popular custom Single Player levels are being modified to work with Sven Co-op (Including ETC by Dave Johnston and They Hunger by Neil Manke, which is in early planning stages). Sven Co-op has support from a number of community mapmakers, with further conversions planned for the future. Now, because it's based on Half-Life single player, the weapons used are HL SP weapons (except for the lovely Uzi they added), and thus are not very good nor look good. However, I believe it would be a cool idea if you got together with the people that make this mod and integrated your features. That way players can have the superiority of CS weapons with the fun of Co-op in HL SP. Just a thought...:cool: Here's the link:

Replies

• CS Player avatar
    CS Player Joined 17y ago
    100 points Ranked 72479th
    access_time 17y
    What is interesting is that this all ties together with what CS:Condition Zero is going to incorporate. Officially, CZ and CS Multiplayer (normal online Counter-Strike) will be TWO different games. CZ is going to have Co-Op features that let you and a bunch of players play against the new Bot A.I. in trying to complete levels and secnarios that are both in the original SP portion and I am sure a few missions designed specifcially for online Co-Op. The only thing that is going to make future versions of CS be like CZ is the addition of the weapons (and of course engine coding) in CZ that will be released as patches to existing Counter-Strike. This is relevant because CS has gone the OPPOSITE of most games in that it started out as an MP game only and is now branching into quality SP territory... Something that a lot of games seem to be going BACK to (Single Player emphasis) recently with games like "Mafia" and "NOLF II" which also only has co-op and no DM, TDM or other normal online modes.
    Bananite
    URL to post:

Embed

menu
Share banner
Image URL
HTML embed code
BB embed code
Markdown embed code

Author

Pseudocode avatar
Pseudocode Joined 17y ago