Help please

A Forum Thread for Counter-Strike: Source

SEX! Ok, we got your attention. We are one of the oldest mod sites on the Interwebs. Sign up and maximize your browsing experience.

• Subscribe: Get notified of new submissions like this.
  • Say Thanks: Show your appreciation by sending knightcam points.
  • Flag: Alert moderators and warn members of a problem with this Thread.
  • Watch: Get notified when this Thread is updated.
Mascot

Join the community!

Already a Bananite? Login

With taking a vid

Ok, so i have a bunch of sick videos that i want everyone to see, and i dont want to just provide a link, is there any way where i can copy, or take the video off of a website (source radio for instance) and post it on say youtube so i can take the embed url and put it in here? any ideas are welcome..

• 10y
    vizioNNN avatar
    vizioNNN Offline
    Member Joined 10y
    155 points Ranked 21146th
    Maybe, upload then to like, go to youtube or www.imageshack.us and browse and upload and then get the HTML code of the upload and paste it in the thread and it will appear here.
    www.evdclan.co.uk avatar
    Mantra
    www.evdclan.co.uk
  • 10y
    Sheeprider avatar
    Sheeprider Offline
    Member Joined 12y
    7,024 points Ranked 634th
    Yes, there are a bunch of sites. Filefront, youtube, Dailymotion, Imageshack, Geevee, SR, Brightcove and so on...

If your vids are high-res and you're not afraid of video encoding, I suggest using Stage6.com. It only supports Divx videos, but the quality of the streams is really unparalled by any other service. Source Radio might be pretty close to it actually, but I'm going by my personal experience with the two sites... I'm sure someone here will disagree with me here.
    Durby Durb durb... avatar
    Mantra
    Durby Durb durb...
  • 10y
    knightcam avatar
    knightcam Offline
    Member Joined 11y
    No thats not my problem, what i want to do is figure out how i can take that video from another site, save it to my comp, and upload it to another site so i can embed it in posts and things. I dont have the video and i want to know how i can get it from that site... like copy and paste it kind of...
    Sexy Beast
  • 10y
    Sheeprider avatar
    Sheeprider Offline
    Member Joined 12y
    7,024 points Ranked 634th
    Well, depends on the site really... Some sites (for example SR and Stage6) offer download functions as well. Youtube, Dailymotion, etc. generally try to hide the file as much as possible and direct links are really hard to get a hold of (and they might not work anyways).

However, there are some sites that let you download videos of some sites like that by entering the url to the vid. But as I said, it really depends on the site.
    Durby Durb durb... avatar
    Mantra
    Durby Durb durb...
  • 10y
    knightcam avatar
    knightcam Offline
    Member Joined 11y
    Yea i was thinking about just copying/pasting the embeded url of some random video and just putting in the info that i needed to in order to put up what ever video i wanted. Thanks guys for the help tho :]
    Sexy Beast

Shareable Image:
Share banner
HTML embed code:
BB embed code:
Markdown embed code:

More embeddable images

Bookmark and Share

Submitter

knightcam avatar
knightcam Offline
Member Joined 11y