Ads keep us online. Without them, we wouldn't exist. We don't have paywalls or sell mods - we never will. But every month we have large bills and running ads is our only way to cover them. Please consider unblocking us. Thank you from GameBanana <3

Texture Making Help

A Forum Thread for GameBanana

OK, I am making a custom texture for a map I am working on. I have followed THIS tutorial on how to make them. I have all my folders correctly named and the picture is a multiple of 2 (256x256). The problem is, that when I open up Hammer and search for the texture, I can find it fine, but it is purple and black checkers. I know that this is a bad sign meaning that there is a texture error. I have checked over everything I have done like five times now and restarted three times and it still results in the same thing. (Everytime I retry it, I exit out of SourceSDK before I try it out) Any suggestions?? Here is a picture of the texture: Here is the .vmt file link and the .vtf file link if any of you guys would like to check it out and see if you can get it to work or see what I am doing wrong. I really hope I can get this texture to work :(

Replies

• -RemiX- avatar
    -RemiX- Joined 13y ago
    671 points Ranked 43157th
    access_time 12y
    Wait, I think I might have just figured it out :D.
    cp_arctic_blast avatar
    Mantra
    cp_arctic_blast
    URL to post:
  • -RemiX- avatar
    -RemiX- Joined 13y ago
    671 points Ranked 43157th
    access_time 12y
    SUCESS, I am mentally retarded. I didnt put the actual folder name and file name in the .vmt file. dumbarse *cough
    cp_arctic_blast avatar
    Mantra
    cp_arctic_blast
    URL to post:

Embed

menu
Share banner
Image URL
HTML embed code
BB embed code
Markdown embed code

Author