The Game Modding Community - Since 2001

Dem file?

A Forum Thread for Counter-Strike: Source

How could i change the format of a dem file? Because i have this pretty wicked fpsb video to show you guys. Thanks for the help.

• 11y
    Supa Scoopa avatar
    Supa Scoopa Joined 13y ago
    4,263 points Ranked 1127th
    I made a thread about this some time ago here. There is no known way to convert the files themselves but the easiest way to get the scenes you want is to record small .dem files, like one each round, and then record the best bits with fraps, then use a programme to compile them all together (windows movie maker can do it, but at loss of quality)
  • 11y
    monkey42 avatar
    monkey42 Joined 12y ago
    5,019 points Ranked 972nd
    No, you should not use Fraps, you get that stupid watermark. You should record it with source recorder. Here is a very good tutorial that teaches you everything. This method gives you no watermark, the video can be as long as you like, and is very high quality. The only disadvantage of this method is that it is much more inconvenient than just recording something once with Fraps. Edit: The only thing I suggest doing differently in that tutorial is using VirtualDub instead of Vegas.
  • 11y
    Leprechaun avatar
    Leprechaun Joined 11y ago
    5,212 points Ranked 925th
    10 medals 1 legendary 1 rare
    • 10 years a member Medal icon
    • 6 years a member Medal icon
    • Reached 1,000 Points Medal icon
    • Reached 2,500 Points Medal icon
    • One month a member Medal icon
    • 6 months a member Medal icon
    Demo files don't actually record the screen, they record the movement of everything and how it all went, that is why you can change things, for example you can turn on sv_cheats 1, and then turn on wireframe, to see if someone is hacking. There are some really cool things you can do, by recording the demo with another program more then once with different settings, to have them intertwined using a video editing program. And monkey, if you have the full version of Fraps, it doesn't leave a water mark.

Share banner
Image URL:
HTML embed code:
BB embed code:
Markdown embed code:

BigBird1 avatar
BigBird1 Joined 12y ago

• Share on Reddit
  • Share on Twitter
  • Share on Facebook
  • Share on Google+

• 3 Posts
  • 11y Submitted

Greetings! Mascot

GameBanana is one of the oldest mod sites on the net. Sign up and maximize your browsing experience.

• Subscribe: Get notified of new submissions like this.
  • Say Thanks: Show your appreciation - send modders points.
  • Vote: Help your favorite modders win monthly awards.
  • Flag: Alert moderators and warn members of problems with mods.
  • Watch: Get notified when mods are updated.

Interested? Sign up now!

Already a Bananite? Login tracking pixel