Guide to CSS Buypresets.

A Forum Thread for Counter-Strike: Source

Attention Gamer! We are one of the oldest mod sites on the Interwebs. Sign up and maximize your browsing experience.

• Subscribe: Get notified of new submissions like this.
  • Say Thanks: Show your appreciation by sending Guest points.
  • Flag: Alert moderators and warn members of a problem with this Thread.
  • Watch: Get notified when this Thread is updated.
Mascot

Sound fun?

Already a Bananite? Login

Hello, I'm trying to help you guys who want to change their buypresets. This is how it should be done.
  1. First, go to cstrike -> cfg
  2. Then, open either buypresets_ct / buypresets_ter with notepad
  3. Start modifying the text
Here's my buypresets_ct:
"Presets" { "1" { "PresetName" "RIFLE" "version" "4" "primary" "m4a1/3=" "secondary" "usp/4=" "equipment" "vesthelm/100 flash/0 sgren/0 hegren/1 defuser/1 nvgs/0" } "2" { "PresetName" "SNIPER" "version" "4" "primary" "awp/3=" "secondary" "usp/4=" "equipment" "vesthelm/100 flash/0 sgren/0 hegren/1 defuser/1 nvgs/0" } "3" { "PresetName" "SHOTGUN" "version" "4" "primary" "famas/3=" "secondary" "usp/4=" "equipment" "vesthelm/100 flash/0 sgren/0 hegren/1 defuser/1 nvgs/0" } "4" { "PresetName" "SMG" "version" "4" "primary" "none/0+" "secondary" "usp/4=" "equipment" "vesthelm/100 flash/0 sgren/0 hegren/1 defuser/1 nvgs/0" } }
Don't mind about the "PresetName", it means nothing. Now you can change whatever you want - and if done correctly, it shows up ingame just as you wanted. Then, I don't really know what those numbers mean behind the gun's name, etc. "awp/3=", it should do the trick if you just know the "real" name for the gun and type it down there. Dictionary:
  • the number after the { mark = slot
  • primary = main gun: rifle, smg etc.
  • secondary = pistol
  • vesthelm = kevlar + helmet
  • vest = kevlar
  • flash = flashbang
  • sgren = smoke grenade
  • hegren = explosive grenade
  • defuser = defuse kit, obviously
  • nvgs = nightvision goggles
  • /number = amount

• 10y
    unknown_all avatar
    Member Joined 11y
    If you knew anything about php you could probably make a web page that allows you to enter what you want and the code appear when you hit enter/clicked submit. If you'd like, when I have some time on my hands, I'll do that for you.
  • 10y
    Solid_Snake avatar
    Member Joined 11y
    40,802 points Ranked 98th
    Very nice guide, love the organization. Most guides are sloppy and pieces of shit. But not this one :D
    A surveillance camera?! avatar
    Mantra
    A surveillance camera?!
  • 10y
    unknown_all avatar
    Member Joined 11y
    It would be like a form that users would fill in, they'd hit submit and be sent to a different web page showing the code for the preset's that they want, then all they have to do it save it in the file.
  • 10y
    unknown_all avatar
    Member Joined 11y
    I'll mess around with the idea when I have some time, and then I'll host it, I've got lots of free space lying around, you'd just need to advertise it as it it in all rights your idea to do this, I'm just helping you out and hosting my contribution to it, you would have to give me all the different presets available mind.
  • 10y
    Papuchongo avatar
    Papuchongo Offline
    Member Joined 11y
    2,024 points Ranked 2327th
    I love this, really helpful, especially since steam craped out on the buy menu.
    <(-_))> avatar
    Mantra
    <(-_))>

Shareable Image:
Share banner
HTML embed code:
BB embed code:
Markdown embed code:

More embeddable images

Bookmark and Share

Submitter

Guest avatar