Hacks!!!

A Forum Thread for Counter-Strike: Source

SEX! Ok, we got your attention. We are one of the oldest mod sites on the Interwebs. Sign up and maximize your browsing experience.

• Subscribe: Get notified of new submissions like this.
  • Say Thanks: Show your appreciation by sending it_is_me points.
  • Flag: Alert moderators and warn members of a problem with this Thread.
  • Watch: Get notified when this Thread is updated.
Mascot

Join the community!

Already a Bananite? Login

Ok i want to know 2 things a) how do hackers works? b) would this stop most hackers? a) When i imagine a hacker i imagine some fat geek who has no skill so he has to cheat, by hacking. I think hacking works by: the Geek types tons and tons of wierd computer lanuage to change how stuff works. b) i saw a website advertising hacks where you can get hacks and you'll never get caught but what if a person from valve signs up to this. and keeps banning each code the make up.so they will run out of codes and wont make money and less average joe's hack. This would mean that if were to hack you would need to understand hacking well and you would need to be a very good hacker. elimating all most of the normal hackers from hacking.(except true evil fat skill-less geeky HACKERS!!!)

• 10y
    foreverfallout avatar
    Member Joined 12y
    1,804 points Ranked 2604th
    Some hackers use them like athletes use steroids. To artificially enhance their skills. While others do it simply because they enjoy pissing people off.

im sure that valve employees do this, but there are just too many places to get them and way too many variants of hacks to ban them all. The criminals are always one step ahead of the law.
    Resident Asshole avatar
    Mantra
    Resident Asshole
  • 10y
    pickles avatar
    pickles Offline
    Member Joined 11y
    Do all hackers release their codes on websites?
    join the fpsb servers avatar
    Mantra
    join the fpsb servers
  • 10y
    Some source codes are avalible, but they are the 2 year old detected and outdated ones lol
    Ive had a look around a few sources, i couldnt understand any of the language used though (C++)

Okay, so in this explination, a hacker will be the person who writes hacks, a cheater will be a person who uses them

1) A hacker codes a hack and compiles its source, tests it out ingame (usally on a LAN)
    2) The hacker then releases to friends, websites etc.
    3) A cheater downloads a executable program (.exe) and runs it from anywhere on their PC
    4) This .exe will come with a .dll and will hook into the hl2.exe process
    5) The offsets defined in the .dll will change how source does certain stuff

There you have it, a cheat..

Some speedhacks work by speeding up windows though a program too
    asdasdasd
  • 10y
    DeadEcho avatar
    DeadEcho Offline
    Member Joined 10y
    396 points Ranked 10540th
    Posted by WereWolf2yu

Posted by pickles

Do all hackers release their codes on websites?

Most hacks that are released privately(Paid for) you usually don't get VAC banned. However myg0t has tons of geek people that steal, and code for hacks that will not be caught.

Yes alot of hacks are paid for but there are alot of people that buy the hacks then realse them out to the public as a week trial or three-day trial so many hackers just keep downloading trials. There's no real way t ostop hackers. Only advice is play on servers that always have an admin on. Hackers usually get banned when admins are on. :P
    The echo is dead avatar
    Mantra
    The echo is dead
  • 10y
    azagedon avatar
    azagedon Offline
    Member Joined 12y
    4,054 points Ranked 1127th
    To be honest they just hack to have fun and piss people off, the only way to beat them is to think like them...

EDIT:
    i also belive that the CAL league have made a program you have to login into i dont know how it works but its there own anti-cheat software...
    Everyone loves elmo! avatar
    Mantra
    Everyone loves elmo!
  • 10y
    hurff avatar
    hurff Offline
    Member Joined 11y
    Posted by azagedon

To be honest they just hack to have fun and piss people off, the only way to beat them is to think like them...

EDIT:
    i also belive that the CAL league have made a program you have to login into i dont know how it works but its there own anti-cheat software...

Cal is implementing this in season 8, or so I hear.
    Banned
  • 10y
    Rufus avatar
    Rufus Offline
    Member Joined 11y
    I have to emit I hack sometimes, but not often.
    I do know things about hacks and if you hack you have your source and your source got a news page, everytime valve update's the vac system it'll say what hacks that is now detected on the hacking website.
    And no I'm not a fat geek, I'm pretty skinny and got skills. I just turn on my hacks than I'm sure somebody else hack, you can see it easialy if the person uses a speed hack.
    Now you might wanna know my source but I'll not tell you, I can tell you that it got an extremely weird url and you can't find it on google. I think I saw it on some forum.
    Facepunch sucks avatar
    Mantra
    Facepunch sucks
  • 10y
    superfly_ avatar
    superfly_ Offline
    Member Joined 11y
    284 points Ranked 13727th
    It's not really common to never get caught. I mean if you go on a non-secure server your just asking for hackers, but on a VAC secured server you are more than likely to get caught. Even if it says on the website it cannot be traced they are more than likely lying. Also if they find a hacker there account is banned so this puts off more people trying to hack.
    Clvl nomination! avatar
    Mantra
    Clvl nomination!
  • 10y
    modderfreak avatar
    Member Joined 12y
    232,564 points Ranked 13th
    3 medals 1 rare
    • Reached 50 subscribers Medal icon
    • Received thanks 5 times Medal icon
    • Reached 10 subscribers Medal icon
    There are loads of different hack methods and hack objects; you can hack a game, a server, a website etc., but as this is in the CSS section I conclude that you're talking of hacking CSS, aka cheating.

Well, again here are different ways. The usual hack for CSS and all other games would be to change the program code that strong that you have invisible/transparent walls etc., but CSS is different. -Most of these hacks get recongized by VAC2, so there's a new form of hacking: changing the game content, like textures or models.It's no secret that CSS allows you to make textures transparent, therefore also the map textures or textures of the doors etc., and this also passes VAC and any other anti-cheat software until you play on a server which enforces pure mode - which none does. You can only hope that no one uses them because of their conscience.
    Respect is everything. avatar
    Mantra
    Respect is everything.
  • 10y
    NeoShroomish avatar
    Member Joined 12y
    7 medals 1 legendary 1 rare
    • 10 years a member Medal icon
    • 6 years a member Medal icon
    • One month a member Medal icon
    • 6 months a member Medal icon
    • 1 year a member Medal icon
    • 2 years a member Medal icon
    I've hacked twice, and both times I got banned for it, and I've definately learnt my lesson. About $100aus down the drain.
    Banned
  • 10y
    XSS3 avatar
    XSS3 avatar Offline
    Member Joined 11y
    83,756 points Ranked 44th
    Valve already goes on these sites. That's why so many people are VAC banned every day. Also, I had a spot of trouble understanding what you were saying. Could you please revise it a bit?
    I know security inside and out avatar
    Mantra
    I know security inside and out
  • 10y
    foriamthefool avatar
    Member Joined 10y
    111 points Ranked 26263rd
    Yea the prob with hax is you can change windows variables which a game would not have the time to scan all of windows to see if its up to code

another hax you can do is messing with your vidieo card so it only desplays whire frame so you get the wall hack and no one can detect it

all depends if you wana make guns or armor
    aim for the head?
  • 10y
    Falcon avatar
    Falcon avatar Offline
    Member Joined 11y
    74,841 points Ranked 52nd
    It's not called hacking when you download something that someone else has made, it's called being a script kiddie.
    HURR avatar
    Mantra
    HURR
  • 10y
    koely avatar
    koely Offline
    Member Joined 12y
    Hackers don't have to be the normal geeks etc.

If you want to hack, don't download old hacks, It'll get you banned. Always use cheats that say '' undetected''

Some cheaters out there pay for private hacks so they won't get caught so fast because there aren't tons of people using the same cheat.
    Stuck On Yesterday Once Again. avatar
    Mantra
    Stuck On Yesterday Once Again.
  • 10y
    it_is_me avatar
    it_is_me Offline
    Member Joined 11y
    534 points Ranked 8229th
    exploit/ hack sure this is an exploit.
    exploit is like changing ct into solid blue and t into solid red.

but a hack is changing stuff e.g. speed. & aimbot.
    am I on the right idea?
    ... avatar
    Mantra

Shareable Image:
Share banner
HTML embed code:
BB embed code:
Markdown embed code:

More embeddable images

Bookmark and Share

Submitter

it_is_me avatar