Official Mods

A Forum Thread for GameBanana

Lo! I think Counter-Life is the best mod out there caus its 2 great games packed into 1 :D But...... Opposing force is far better than the original HL and i reckon it would rock if u combined CS with that.. :cool: Seeing Blue Shift with CS weapons would be entertaining...^_^ So how bout it....? :shocked: :apc:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    2,399 points Ranked 20146th
    17y
    *faints*
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • HAZARD avatar
    HAZARD Joined 17y ago
    17y
    No, it must be HL Single with FireArms weaps:) I like FA:)
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    17y
    Maybe do create my own mod. Or I could be found working at your nearest local McDonald's outlet.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • LocKStocK avatar
    LocKStocK Joined 17y ago
    3,000 points Ranked 8972nd
    17y
    Hmmm....still quite pricey....Oh yea i was gonna ask....What r u gonna do after CL is finished? R u moving onto opposing force? Or a completely new scenario altogether???? Keep up the good work CL team, Beta 4 is giant step towards completion!!!! ^_^ Haha my post will never die!!!
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    17y
    I think is divided by 1.5 here. So S$49.90 / 1.5 = 33.2666 pounds
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • LocKStocK avatar
    LocKStocK Joined 17y ago
    17y
    How many dollars to a pound?
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    17y
    That's 45 Singapore dollars
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • LocKStocK avatar
    LocKStocK Joined 17y ago
    17y
    $49!!!!! Daylight robbery!!! You can pick generation up for £20 ere!!!! Comes with all mods aswell...But CS retail sucks anyway best to download it!!!
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Arvin avatar
    Arvin Joined 17y ago
    17y
    yea......it sux:(
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    17y
    I know it's sad but there's nothing we can do. Of course, you can try to buy the HL generation pack which has HL and CS retail in it. It costs S$49.90 here. I don't know about you guys.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Arvin avatar
    Arvin Joined 17y ago
    17y
    dammit.....i deleted half life and now i only got cs retail and i cant play it:confused:( they should make it so it works for cs retail to dammit:mad:
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Arvin avatar
    Arvin Joined 17y ago
    17y
    i havent played the game b4......is it any good??
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Arvin avatar
    Arvin Joined 17y ago
    17y
    thx:)
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    17y
    URL to post:
  • Arvin avatar
    Arvin Joined 17y ago
    17y
    were do i get cl????
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • peril avatar
    peril Joined 17y ago
    254 points Ranked 51998th
    17y
    I've found out that Blue Shift was originally destined for the Dreamcast, so it may be related to the PS2 version after all. If it was started for the DC, it may have had all mod support removed and areas recoded to suit a console. I'm only guessing about this, you coders know what you're doing more than I do. :D
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    17y
    It wasn't removed, Blue Shift just doesn't support multiplayer or mods.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • peril avatar
    peril Joined 17y ago
    254 points Ranked 51998th
    17y
    I think BS could possibly be partially related to the PS2 port of HL, as the new models are the same, and PS2 content doesn't work in normal HL (some of the new multiplayer maps are amazingly good, but they don't work on the PC). As BS doesn't have a mod menu, it could just be that the mod support was removed.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    17y
    You have to wait, my friend. Just a matter of days. Or weeks
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • LocKStocK avatar
    LocKStocK Joined 17y ago
    17y
    Lo me again....^_^ So when's CL becoming compatible with They Hunger...Both mods RoXers!!!!! Do u have a date yet?????:confused: Tell me Tell me Tell me!!!!! Need to know.... BTW!!! Great job, keep up the good work CL team!!!!
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Guest avatar
    Guest Joined 14y ago
    17 medals 4 legendary 5 rare
    • Submitted 100 Skins Medal icon
    • Submitted 50 Maps Medal icon
    • Submitted 200 Threads Medal icon
    • Submitted 30 Tutorials Medal icon
    • Submitted 50 Skins Medal icon
    • Submitted 20 Maps Medal icon
    17y
    Master Ninja, thanks for your hard work man! You did a lot on that one. I have the same problems that you did, but I think that AMX is right. I would need to violate the terms of my license agreement in order to get it to work and I just can't see going to the trouble of doing that. I think it's a crappy way to distribute a game that is essentially a mod of HL, but that is between Gearbox and Valve. Thanks for trying though.
    Bot Account
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    17y
    Good luck and godspeed friend. If you can get it to work post it here. But make sure you post something which is legal.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Guest avatar
    Guest Joined 14y ago
    17y
    Ok, interesting stuff.... You know that simply moving the .pak files from "THEY HUNGER" into the cl directory will allow you to play that mod. It will. Try it. There are bugs to be sure, but it generally works. Same with OPPOSING FORCE. The game generally works, but any non-HL models are absent and all the scripted sequences are screwed. But they WORK. Basically. Now...BLUE SHIFT. As Haunter says, it is essentially Half-Life. Yeah, there is that semi-auto .357 automag, but that's not such a huge deal. Is it? I mean, OpFor works and it has a few new weapons. (SAW, sniper rifle?). I moved the .pak files from BS into the cl dir. Didn't work. So, I used a .pak extractor and moved all the BS maps and graphs into the proper place in the CL dir. Still didn't work. The error I keep getting is that "the HL.exe launcher experienced problems and has to quit." Why is this? What is it about BLUE SHIFT, a game that would seemingly be fairly easy to port, is such a bitch to get working? This is a very curious problem and one that I will spend a lot of time figuring out. I AM going to play CL on a blue shift map. Shoot, it's the only MOD left that I haven't thought to try (until now). I will not give up until I can get CL to load on a BS map. I'll just keep trying until it works. Wish me luck, and I will let you know when I have tasted success. I know it can be done, I just have to figure out what they've done to make it difficult.
    Bot Account
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    17y
    So this must mean that Blue Shift's scrapped. No matter, I'll try to find a way to make it work. At least we have They Hunger to look forward to.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • aMX avatar
    aMX Joined 18y ago
    17y
    @MasterNinja: You can edit PAK files using PAK-Explorer (google it). That way you can remove the scientists / grunt models from the PAK and recover the originals. @Necroscope: I think BlueShift does not support mods so it is impossible to run CL on BlueShift without recoding BlueShift.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Guest avatar
    Guest Joined 14y ago
    17y
    SOOOOOOOOOOOOO..... If you WERE going to play CL using Blue Shift, how would you do it? I'll be honest- I have the retail version of BS-OPFOR. I installed BS on a separate drive from HL. Trying to set -game cl off of bs.exe doesn't work, and neither does copying all the pak files from the BS dir to the cl dir and then starting cl and trying a manual map change cmd. So how would you do it? I played "THEY HUNGER" simply by moving some pak files. (there were lots of glitches, yeah, but it worked) Why won't Blue Shift play nice?
    Bot Account
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    17y
    No. First of all, where are you going to download the pak files? Gearbox said they won't be releasing the HD pak. You have to get Blue:Shift to get it. And since Gearbox made it clear, by releasing the HD pak yourself is already breacing copyright laws. About editing the HD pak then releasing it. I'm not sure about that. And no, Blue:Shift have no new weapons. The weapons are all similar to HL's. They only new thing is your armor. I think Blue:Shift is going to have a minor problem. You can't use the HEV suit charger.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    17y
    I'm not quite sure about that. However stay tune because I'm trying to get CL working with They Hunger next month. Well, in fact it works wonderfully. Only just making the zombies' blood red and make Barney your enemy.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • LocKStocK avatar
    LocKStocK Joined 17y ago
    17y
    Wot about Otis he wasn't in the original....:confused: Is it possible to run CL with Blue Shift in its current state or will there be a seperate release for Blue Shift... (Or should I say Counter Shift;) )
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    17y
    Maybe Blueshift would work better with CL seeing that now new models or weapons were added into the game.
    Bananite
    URL to post:

Embed

Share banner
Image URL
HTML embed code
BB embed code
Markdown embed code

Author

LocKStocK avatar
LocKStocK Joined 17y ago