Ads keep us online. Without them, we wouldn't exist. We don't have paywalls or sell mods - we never will. But every month we have large bills and running ads is our only way to cover them. Please consider unblocking us. Thank you from GameBanana <3

Help with RAM

A Forum Thread for GameBanana

So i decided that i'm going to need some RAM but don't know if its going to work on my computer :D help me out here :D
  • Ghost125400 avatar
    Ghost125400 Joined 14y ago
    1,624 points Ranked 21600th
    8 medals 1 legendary 1 rare
    • 10 years a member Medal icon
    • 6 years a member Medal icon
    • Reached 1,000 Points Medal icon
    • One month a member Medal icon
    • 6 months a member Medal icon
    • 1 year a member Medal icon
    access_time 13y
    Post your specs before we can help you.
    URL to post:
  • DingGOLing avatar
    DingGOLing Joined 14y ago
    1,038 points Ranked 24760th
    access_time 13y
    Processor Information: Vendor: GenuineIntel Speed: 3007 Mhz 2 logical processors 1 physical processors HyperThreading: Supported RDTSC: Supported CMOV: Supported FCMOV: Supported SSE: Supported SSE2: Supported 3DNOW: Unsupported Network Information: Network Speed: IP Address: 74.103.178.XXX Windows Version: XP (Build 2600) (32 bit) NTFS: Supported Video Card: Driver: NVIDIA GeForce 7800 GS DirectX Driver Name: nv4_disp.dll Driver Version: 6.14.10.8440 DirectX Driver Version: 6.14.10.8440 Driver Date: 18 Apr 2006 Desktop Color Depth: 32 bits per pixel Monitor Refresh Rate: 60 Hz DirectX Card: NVIDIA GeForce 7800 GS VendorID: 0x10de DeviceID: 0xf5 Number of Monitors: 1 Number of Video Cards: 1 No SLI or Crossfire Detected Primary Display Resolution: 1152 x 864 Desktop Resolution: 1152 x 864 Primary Display Size: 14.96" x 11.22" (18.70" diag) 38.0cm x 28.5cm (47.5cm diag) Primary Display Type: CRT Primary Bus: AGP 8x Primary AGP GART: 32 MB Primary VRAM: 256 MB Primary Monitor Vendor: Samsung Primary Monitor Model: Samsung SyncMaster Supported MSAA Modes: 2x 4x Game Display Settings Counter-Strike: Source Resolution: 1152 x 864 (Fullscreen) Counter-Strike: Source MSAA Level: 4x Sound card: Audio device: Digital Audio MB Memory: RAM: 511 Mb Miscellaneous: UI Language: English Microphone: Not set Media Type: DVD Total Hard Disk Space Available: 131061 Mb Largest Free Hard Disk Block: 44669 Mb
    :3 avatar
    Mantra
    :3
    URL to post:
  • ZeroOrDie avatar
    ZeroOrDie Joined 15y ago
    125 points Ranked 64462nd
    access_time 13y
    Download Everest Home Edition then go into Motherboard, then memory. Then Go into SPD and tell me the memory speed. Also mention if theres more than two O_O
    Ashley Titsdale is my hero avatar
    Mantra
    Ashley Titsdale is my hero
    URL to post:
  • $carface avatar
    $carface username pic Joined 14y ago
    10,037 points Ranked 599th
    17 medals 2 legendary 2 rare
    • Submitted 200 Threads Medal icon
    • Submitted 100 Threads Medal icon
    • Became a Club Leader Medal icon
    access_time 13y
    Go to crucial.com and take thier test.
    Supah Mawdaratah! avatar
    Mantra
    Supah Mawdaratah!
    URL to post:
  • Ascendancy avatar
    Ascendancy Joined 14y ago
    5,261 points Ranked 1281st
    access_time 13y
    You probably have DDR RAM from the looks of your specs and you will want to get the same memory speed as the one currently in your PC
    Do i need a cvl up nomination? avatar
    Mantra
    Do i need a cvl up nomination?
    URL to post:
  • DingGOLing avatar
    access_time 13y
    Yea im aiming for another 512mb my ram right now is a DIMMI: 512 MB PC3200 DDR SDRAM Speed is: PC3200 (200 MHz)
    Mantra
    URL to post:
  • $carface avatar
    $carface username pic Joined 14y ago
    10,037 points Ranked 599th
    17 medals 2 legendary 2 rare
    • Submitted 200 Threads Medal icon
    • Submitted 100 Threads Medal icon
    access_time 13y
    try this one? I saw that you were from cananda so i didnt give you a newegg link. Tigerdirect ships to you.
    Supah Mawdaratah! avatar
    Mantra
    Supah Mawdaratah!
    URL to post:
  • DingGOLing avatar
    access_time 13y
    Little to low... i need a 512mb but thx for the link anyways would this work? BestBuy
    Mantra
    URL to post:
  • Majin_DiggZ avatar
    Majin_DiggZ Joined 14y ago
    4,007 points Ranked 1776th
    access_time 13y
    SDRAM *Scream* get it away!, prods RAM stick, DDR2 ftw What model/make is your motherboard? I would suggest gettin a new Motherboard if it only supports DDR, DDR is a bit dated now m8, you might need better RAM if you want to run all the best games smoothly. Asus ftw m8
    To see light - learn the exten avatar
    Mantra
    To see light - learn the exten
    URL to post:
  • DingGOLing avatar
    access_time 13y
    Posted by Majin_DiggZ SDRAM *Scream* get it away!, prods RAM stick, DDR2 ftw What model/make is your motherboard? I would suggest gettin a new Motherboard if it only supports DDR, DDR is a bit dated now m8, you might need better RAM if you want to run all the best games smoothly. Asus ftw m8
    hmm i really dont give a fuck
    Mantra
    URL to post:
  • Crazypip666 avatar
    Crazypip666 username pic Joined 13y ago
    39,310 points Ranked 106th
    16 medals 1 legendary 1 rare
    • Reached 2,500 Points Medal icon
    • Reached 7,500 Points Medal icon
    access_time 13y
    The RAM you linked to should work, but there is always a chance that when you put RAM from two different manufacturers or even just slightly different types from the same manufacturer, that they won't work properly together. Don't listen to Majin_DiggZ about getting a new motherboard unless you are looking to do a complete overhaul of your system. If you were to get a new motherboard which supported DDR2 RAM, you would need to buy DDR2 RAM, and DDR2 RAM is only supported by the newer sockets which means you would also need to upgrade your CPU.
    BAD WOLF avatar
    Mantra
    BAD WOLF
    URL to post:
  • Majin_DiggZ avatar
    Majin_DiggZ Joined 14y ago
    4,007 points Ranked 1776th
    access_time 13y
    Posted by crazypip666 The RAM you linked to should work, but there is always a chance that when you put RAM from two different manufacturers or even just slightly different types from the same manufacturer, that they won't work properly together. Don't listen to Majin_DiggZ about getting a new motherboard unless you are looking to do a complete overhaul of your system. If you were to get a new motherboard which supported DDR2 RAM, you would need to buy DDR2 RAM, and DDR2 RAM is only supported by the newer sockets which means you would also need to upgrade your CPU.
    Aye that is true, what processor is it? I can see clock speed, HT support Etc, and its intel, but what Model is it? by the looks of it im guessing 3.0 Pentium 4?
    To see light - learn the exten avatar
    Mantra
    To see light - learn the exten
    URL to post:

Embed

Share banner
Image URL
HTML embed code
BB embed code
Markdown embed code

Author

DingGOLing avatar