Script= cheat?

A Forum Thread for Counter-Strike: Source

Hello world. We are one of the oldest mod sites on the Interwebs. Sign up and maximize your browsing experience.

• Subscribe: Get notified of new submissions like this.
  • Say Thanks: Show your appreciation by sending lcclek points.
  • Flag: Alert moderators and warn members of a problem with this Thread.
  • Watch: Get notified when this Thread is updated.
Mascot

Sound fun?

Already a Bananite? Login

When i loged into my reg server to try on my new script i found in here, this was in the consol: Can't use cheat cvar cl_forwardspeed in multiplayer, unless the server has sv_cheats set to 1. Can't use cheat cvar dsp_dist_max in multiplayer, unless the server has sv_cheats set to 1. Can't use cheat cvar dsp_dist_min in multiplayer, unless the server has sv_cheats set to 1. 2 CPUs (1 physical), Frequency: 3.0 Ghz, Features: GenuineIntel SSE SSE2 MMX RDTSC CMOV FCMOV execing valve.rc execing autoexec.cfg Unknown command "..." Unknown command "++//" Unknown command "cl_cmdbackup" Can't use cheat cvar r_lightinterp in multiplayer, unless the server has sv_cheats set to 1. Unknown command "cl_dynammiccrosshair" bind [command] : attach a command to a key -=/Walk-shoot loaded\=- Unknown command "echo" i don't want to start pissing ppl off but if a script is a cheat is a cheat a hac?

• 11y
    Envision avatar
    Envision Offline
    Member Joined 11y
    1,739 points Ranked 2684th
    It says cheat because you need the server to have sv_cheats set to 1, its not a hack but you can't use certain commands.

eg. if sv_cheats was on 1 then you could use noclip. so servers disable it most of the time.
    2008 - Year of the Open Source avatar
    Mantra
    2008 - Year of the Open Source
  • 11y
    Uber-Zeo avatar
    Uber-Zeo Offline
    Member Joined 11y
    No. That's just saying that if you want to use the script, the server needs sv_cheats set to 1. There are no script hacks. All hacks are an .exe program that you need to execute.
  • 11y
    Suckage avatar
    Suckage Offline
    Member Joined 11y
    149 points Ranked 21753rd
    8 medals 1 legendary 1 rare
    • 10 years a member Medal icon
    • 6 years a member Medal icon
    • One month a member Medal icon
    • 6 months a member Medal icon
    • 1 year a member Medal icon
    • 2 years a member Medal icon
    Yes. Scripts can never get you banned and they can't be used as cheats / hacks. The Source games have their own cheats, you can use them via console in your own server or a server that has set the command sv_cheats to 1.

By the way, some people know that my computer freezes after 5 - 10 minutes of gameplay. But when it does that, if I look at the console, suddenly there are stuff like: "Unknown command: omfg_norecoil"
    and "Unknown command: awpoiafoiejflg" and usually "Unknown command: hlh_norecoil". Anyone know what's that about? I wouldn't want to bother anyone by making a thread about it.
    Mantra
  • 11y
    Envision avatar
    Envision Offline
    Member Joined 11y
    1,739 points Ranked 2684th
    Pretty much what uber-zeo said, thats what i meant, but im tired and cant think striaght 0.o
    2008 - Year of the Open Source avatar
    Mantra
    2008 - Year of the Open Source
  • 11y
    Fable28012 avatar
    Fable28012 Offline
    Member Joined 11y
    Well, if I were you I wouldn't want any chance of getting banned. So I think that you better not use it in my opinion. Because I have seen many people using scripts like so and getting banned for it. So I recommend not using any "sv_cheats 1" required scripts ever!!
    Fable28012 avatar
    Mantra
    Fable28012
  • 11y
    Suckage avatar
    Suckage Offline
    Member Joined 11y
    Fable, FYI, scripts can never get you banned. Otherwise, Valve would never have created them. You can use the cheats that Valve put in the game, if they're enabled. Nobody can get banned for that. Only hacks that are executable (.exe) programs and run in the game, like aimbot, or modified files (invisible walls, see models through everything). They can only get you banned, but scripts can't.
    Mantra
  • 11y
    jaketwo_91 avatar
    jaketwo_91 Offline
    Member Joined 12y
    36,173 points Ranked 112th
    Fable.... shush, i doubt the script had anything to do with that message, as i get that same message every time i join a server, and the only "script" type thing i have is a button bound to removing my hud and weapon for spray screenshots.
    Vectors? oh noes! avatar
    Mantra
    Vectors? oh noes!
  • 11y
    Uber-Zeo avatar
    Uber-Zeo Offline
    Member Joined 11y
    Posted by Suckage

Yes. Scripts can never get you banned and they can't be used as cheats / hacks. The Source games have their own cheats, you can use them via console in your own server or a server that has set the command sv_cheats to 1.

By the way, some people know that my computer freezes after 5 - 10 minutes of gameplay. But when it does that, if I look at the console, suddenly there are stuff like: "Unknown command: omfg_norecoil"
    and "Unknown command: awpoiafoiejflg" and usually "Unknown command: hlh_norecoil". Anyone know what's that about? I wouldn't want to bother anyone by making a thread about it.

tell me what is in your autoexec file in your cfg
  • 11y
    Suckage avatar
    Suckage Offline
    Member Joined 11y
    This is what's in my autoexec.

name Slowhand
    rate 7500
    fps_max 300
    cl_cmdrate 30
    cl_updaterate 30
    alias "dev0" "developer 0"
    alias "dev1" "developer 1"
    alias w3 "wait; wait; wait; wait; wait"
    alias "cycle" "cyclesemi"
    alias "cycleauto" "bind mouse1 +attack; dev1; echo Automatic Fire activated; alias cycle cyclesingle"
    alias "cyclesingle" "bind mouse1 single; dev1; echo Single Fire activated (1); alias cycle cyclesemi"
    alias "cyclesemi" "bind mouse1 semi; dev1; echo Semi-Auto fire activated (3); alias cycle cycleburst"
    alias "cycleburst" "bind mouse1 burst; dev1; echo Burst-Fire activated (5); alias cycle cycleauto"
    alias "single" "+attack; w3; -attack"
    alias "semi" "+attack; w3; -attack; w3; +attack; w3; -attack; w3; +attack; w3; -attack"
    alias "burst" "+attack; w3; -attack; w3; +attack; w3; -attack; w3; +attack; w3; -attack; w3; +attack; w3; -attack; w3; +attack; w3; -attack"
    alias mike "mikeon"
    alias mikeon "+voicerecord; alias mike mikeoff"
    alias mikeoff "-voicerecord; alias mike mikeon"
    alias +fastglock "+attack;+attack2;+attack2;+attack"
    alias -fastglock "-attack;-attack2;-attack2;-attack"
    alias fg "fgon"
    alias fgon "bind mouse1 +fastglock; developer 1; echo Fast Glock on; developer 0; alias fg fgoff"
    alias fgoff "bind mouse1 +attack; developer 1; echo Fast Glock off; developer 0; alias fg fgon"
    alias walk_t "walk_on"
    alias walk_on "alias walk_t walk_off; +speed; developer 1; echo Walking enabled; developer 0"
    alias walk_off "alias walk_t walk_on; -speed; developer 1; echo Running enabled; developer 0"
    alias rec "demo1"
    alias demo1 "record demo1; say Recording demo 1; alias rec enddemo1"
    alias enddemo1 "say End recording demo 1; wait; wait; wait; stop demo; alias rec demo2"
    alias demo2 "record demo2; say Recording demo 2; alias rec enddemo2"
    alias enddemo2 "say End recording demo 2; wait; wait; wait; stop demo; alias rec demo3"
    alias demo3 "record demo3; say Recording demo 3; alias rec enddemo3"
    alias enddemo3 "say End recording demo 3; wait; wait; wait; stop demo; alias rec demo4"
    alias demo4 "record demo4; say Recording demo 4; alias rec enddemo4"
    alias enddemo4 "say End recording demo 4; wait; wait; wait; stop demo; alias rec demo5"
    alias demo5 "record demo5; say Recording demo 5; alias rec enddemo5"
    alias enddemo5 "say End recording demo 5; wait; wait; wait; stop demo; alias rec demo6"
    alias demo6 "record demo6; say Recording demo 6; alias rec enddemo6"
    alias enddemo6 "say End recording demo 6; wait; wait; wait; stop demo; alias rec demo7"
    alias demo7 "record demo7; say Recording demo 7; alias rec enddemo7"
    alias enddemo7 "say End recording demo 7; wait; wait; wait; stop demo; alias rec demo8"
    alias demo8 "record demo8; say Recording demo 8; alias rec enddemo8"
    alias enddemo8 "say End recording demo 8; wait; wait; wait; stop demo; alias rec demo9"
    alias demo9 "record demo9; say Recording demo 9; alias rec enddemo9"
    alias enddemo9 "say End recording demo 9; wait; wait; wait; stop demo; alias rec demo10"
    alias demo10 "record demo10; say Recording demo 10; alias rec enddemo10"
    alias enddemo10 "say End recording demo 10; wait; wait; wait; stop demo; alias rec demo1"
    exec config.cfg
    echo "Autoexec is loading..."
    echo "Autoexec succesfully loaded."

Only walk toggle, burst-fire and a multiple demo recording script. And also a voice message toggle script.
    Mantra
  • 11y
    Uber-Zeo avatar
    Uber-Zeo Offline
    Member Joined 11y
    Hmmmm...Did you try unbinding all your keys then rebinding them?
  • 11y
    Suckage avatar
    Suckage Offline
    Member Joined 11y
    Nope. I actually wouldn't really want to do that, takes up so much time since I use Autoscript to save up time in buyings etc.
    I'll try it when I have more time. :)

But the thing is, it types commands in my console without me typing anything, and I can't see any typing. And it happens only when it freezes.
    Mantra
  • 11y
    Darko avatar
    Darko Offline
    Member Joined 11y
    463 points Ranked 9307th
    Sv_cheats 1 = ingame cheats such as adding computer controller bots to the game and being able to fly like in garrys mod

hacks = programs that modify the hl2.exe or somthing and do things like make you aim always point to somones head or be able to see people through walls

sv_cheats 1 = good

hacks = bad
    Banned
  • 11y
    Suckage avatar
    Suckage Offline
    Member Joined 11y
    Darko, most of the hacks actually don't modify the hl2.exe, usually they have their own .exe, that launches a program ingame. Just to correct, not trying to be a bitch :)

I just don't get where people get that cheats that Valve has made itself, could get you banned.
    Mantra
  • 11y
    NeoShroomish avatar
    Member Joined 12y
    7 medals 1 legendary 1 rare
    Scripts can get you banned, but via an admin banning you from a server if it's obvious you're using a script to give you an unfair advantage.
    Banned
  • 11y
    Suckage avatar
    Suckage Offline
    Member Joined 11y
    No, actually it can't. All of the scripts were made for usage by Valve, and why would Valve make things in their game to ban people? Doesn't make any sense.
    Mantra
  • 11y
    NeoShroomish avatar
    Member Joined 12y
    Posted by Suckage

No, actually it can't. All of the scripts were made for usage by Valve, and why would Valve make things in their game to ban people? Doesn't make any sense.

I don't know why you seem to think that, but all scripts are custom made. Console commands on the other hand, are hard coded in. Perhaps you're mistaking scripts for console commands.

And don't try to tell me that VALVe is perfect, because sadly the Source engine is far from perfect with many exploits and advantages achievable with client-side modifications.
    Banned
  • 11y
    Suckage avatar
    Suckage Offline
    Member Joined 11y
    Nobody can get banned with scripts, since you can't hack / cheat with them, unless the server has enabled sv_cheats, which is allowed. Hacks are totally different things, executable files that automatically aim etc. Ask anyone else. You can not get banned for scripts.
    Mantra
  • 11y
    NeoShroomish avatar
    Member Joined 12y
    Posted by Suckage

Nobody can get banned with scripts, since you can't hack / cheat with them, unless the server has enabled sv_cheats, which is allowed. Hacks are totally different things, executable files that automatically aim etc. Ask anyone else. You can not get banned for scripts.

Read my post, then you'll notice I put "unfair advantages" not "hacks" or "cheats". Admins can ban whoever they want, which could include players they believe to be using scripts which give unfair advantages.
    Banned
  • 11y
    Fable28012 avatar
    Fable28012 Offline
    Member Joined 11y
    Posted by Suckage

Fable, FYI, scripts can never get you banned. Otherwise, Valve would never have created them. You can use the cheats that Valve put in the game, if they're enabled. Nobody can get banned for that. Only hacks that are executable (.exe) programs and run in the game, like aimbot, or modified files (invisible walls, see models through everything). They can only get you banned, but scripts can't.

HOW BOUT THEESE APPLES www.csscobalt.com
    what now biotch
    Fable28012 avatar
    Mantra
    Fable28012
  • 11y
    NeoShroomish avatar
    Member Joined 12y
    Well those "some people" are idiots who have been using real cheats, go read up on the Steampowered forums in the VAC section if you don't believe us.

too suckage: Your post in the other thread proves my point - there are exploits which involve scripts, which admins might see fit to ban you for.

nb: when I say admins banning you, I mean from their server, not from Valve Anti-Cheating or w/e it stands for.
    Banned
  • 11y
    Rufus avatar
    Rufus Offline
    Member Joined 11y
    Posted by Fable28012

Posted by Suckage

what now biotch

LOL LMAO ROFL!!!
    Warning we got a noob on this webstie :/
    Facepunch sucks avatar
    Mantra
    Facepunch sucks
  • 11y
    Uber-Zeo avatar
    Uber-Zeo Offline
    Member Joined 11y
    Posted by Fable28012

Posted by Suckage

what now biotch

And if you look at the steam forums, people have claimed to have been banned for no reason at all. And that they didn't do anything at all. And on Dr. Phil, a girl claimed to be raped by a spork and a frog. If someone CLAIMS to have done something, that doesn't mean it's true.
  • 11y
    Suckage avatar
    Suckage Offline
    Member Joined 11y
    Listen, Fable. Grow up. You should understand, that people can say anything and lie. Players get banned, and they think often that it's only because they used scripts. It's not the reason, you just can't get banned from scripts. Uber-Zeo is right.

And please, oh please, use thumbnails, Fable.

And what comes to NeoShroomish, yes, admins can ban you if you use scripts. But that's usually not the reason. If you get banned from a server, you can still play in others.
    Mantra
  • 11y
    lcclek avatar
    lcclek Offline
    Member Joined 11y
    Sorry if this is a doubble post:

I think the guys with $600 video cards should buy me one because they have the advantage. No matter what I do I can’t convince my wife we need a $600 video card but alls they need to do is come here, and for free have the same opportunity. Not everyone can afford to jack there pc’s up to play a game. (:Wa, w,w,w,WAAaa:)

I think what I’ll do is suggest we have a spot on our web site where we can paste our config files. This way any one playing could have the same advantage to use it… I guess-

I didn’t mean to start an ineffectual war here… I really appreciate all great advice

Have a happy new year everyone
    Bananite

Shareable Image:
Share banner
HTML embed code:
BB embed code:
Markdown embed code:

More embeddable images

Bookmark and Share

Submitter

lcclek avatar
lcclek Offline