Ads keep us online. Without them, we wouldn't exist. We don't have paywalls or sell mods - we never will. But every month we have large bills and running ads is our only way to cover them. Please consider unblocking us. Thank you from GameBanana <3

Which linux distro?

A Forum Thread for GameBanana

I realize that this isn't the best place to ask since most gamers use windows, but I'll ask it anyway. I'm getting another hard drive soon (250 GB SATA), and I will install linux on it. However, I'm not sure which distribution to get. So, which one should I get? And please, give reasons and refrain from bashing other distros.

Replies

• orephik avatar
    orephik Joined 13y ago
    137 points Ranked 62091st
    access_time 13y
    Ubuntu is the most easy transfer from Windows. The interface is somewhat alike, and you can try it before actually installing it. Ubuntu comes with office applications, a web browser, music manager, and so forth. Also, the support forum for Ubuntu is very friendly and there are drivers for many hardware that may not have Linux drivers.
    URL to post:
  • Envision avatar
    Envision Joined 14y ago
    1,839 points Ranked 21003rd
    access_time 13y
    SuSe 10.1, i recently made the transfer from windows to linux also, i havnt had a problem with it nor have i had any problems figuring out what does what.It has the Ease of use for begginers and when you get experienced, it has the power you need(IMO) Also SuSe has a very active and friendly community surrounding it =D. SuSe Other recommendations from me would be: Mandriva,Fedora or Ubuntu Good luck with linux, and be sure to have fun =P
    2008 - Year of the Open Source avatar
    Mantra
    2008 - Year of the Open Source
    URL to post:

Embed

menu
Share banner
Image URL
HTML embed code
BB embed code
Markdown embed code

Author