Is Valve ruining CS:S?

A Forum Thread for Counter-Strike: Source

Hello world. We are one of the oldest mod sites on the Interwebs. Sign up and maximize your browsing experience.

• Subscribe: Get notified of new submissions like this.
  • Say Thanks: Show your appreciation by sending fartknocker420 points.
  • Flag: Alert moderators and warn members of a problem with this Thread.
  • Watch: Get notified when this Thread is updated.
Mascot

Stop Lurking!

Already a Bananite? Login

Okay, I'm pissed at Valve. They've screwed Source up with their last updates that let you spray more accurately, and some players have figured out spray patterns like in 1.6. Now Valve releases their latest update: Bargains. On every server now when you join you will always start with 800$, there is no way to change it to like 8000$. And deagle is now 1300$??? OMFG!! The best gun has been priced higher. And every week a different gun is lowered in price, that's the dumbest idea possible. And it's always the crappy guns that are bargained like mac-10, p228, elites, ump45, xm1014. Valve has got to get their act together or I'm going to stop playing CS:S. Please comment.

• 11y
    XSS3 avatar
    XSS3 avatar Offline
    Member Joined 11y
    83,756 points Ranked 44th
    It's actually becoming more realistic from what I gather, I do however agree with you; it's not a likeable tred, but I think that if it becomes an issue modders will unite to stabilize things.
    I know security inside and out avatar
    Mantra
    I know security inside and out
  • 11y
    h4mx0r avatar
    h4mx0r avatar Offline
    Member Joined 15y
    31,754 points Ranked 133rd
    13 medals 1 legendary 1 rare
    • 10 years a member Medal icon
    • 6 years a member Medal icon
    • Time Traveler Mapping Contest Submitter Medal icon
    • Reached 1,000 Points Medal icon
    • Reached 2,500 Points Medal icon
    • Reached 7,500 Points Medal icon
    No. They just need better product testing before each major overhaul update. I'm still awaiting them to fix that dx9 problem.
    it's pronounced "ham-saur avatar
    Mantra
    it's pronounced "ham-saur
  • 11y
    deserteagle1237 avatar
    Member Joined 12y
    1,313 points Ranked 3598th
    The best gun being priced higher is better, that means people are not going to use the same weapons all the time. Not accepting some changes and not adapting is a bad reason to not play a perfectly good game.

Ok, not perfect, but good
  • 11y
    Mad Jackal avatar
    Mad Jackal avatar Offline
    Member Joined 11y
    I stopped playing for different reasons, CSS just plain bores me. But yeah, I'm lucky I didn't get to use this new system if it's anything like what you say it is.
    Mantra
  • 11y
    fartknocker420 avatar
    Member Joined 11y
    3,036 points Ranked 1508th
    You guys r noobs
  • 11y
    D3vin avatar
    D3vin Offline
    Member Joined 12y
    310 points Ranked 12796th
    Uumm all of those guns you just named owns with a great percentage, like hte mac-10 for assault, you stand on the crate upper backdoor, some ct opens door you start spraying, he dies, behind you(someone shooting you from the entrance gate, you pull out a p228, you keep moving around and shoot, he dies...
    ump45 long range accuracy with low damage(youll manage), the xm1014(noobstick) you just run around in dust2 or any cramped map...

and i think the realistic pricing is kinda retarded as the game is already fake enough, in addition its not realistic, i dont think terrorist would buy their ak-47 from russia, the black market sells them for 500 each with a full mag
    Code Geass lover!! avatar
    Mantra
    Code Geass lover!!
  • 11y
    XeroXeD avatar
    XeroXeD Offline
    Member Joined 11y
    149 points Ranked 21779th
    Posted by h4mx0r

No. They just need better product testing before each major overhaul update. I'm still awaiting them to fix that dx9 problem.

l have been waiting for the dam dx9 error fix to. I get it way to much. Valve needs to stop making new features and get some bugs fixed out. Not many but the ones out there are frigging annoying.
    MetalHead avatar
    Mantra
    MetalHead
  • 11y
    XeroXeD avatar
    XeroXeD Offline
    Member Joined 11y
    Posted by ZoMBoID

Just go on deathmeatch servers if you don't like buying guns.

If people also didn't know, The server has a choice of enabling and disabling dynamic weapon pricing.
    MetalHead avatar
    Mantra
    MetalHead
  • 11y
    enjoi that avatar
    enjoi that Offline
    Member Joined 12y
    1,826 points Ranked 2570th
    Posted by ZoMBoID

Just go on deathmeatch servers if you don't like buying guns.

ORLY?

CS:S needs to have updates for the lesser players
    (DX7 -.-) besides, dx7 users have an advantage in water based maps. You can see through the water and I just think that's unfair.
    DX9 nubbles D:<
    enjoiing eet doggystyle! avatar
    Mantra
    enjoiing eet doggystyle!
  • 11y
    Button. avatar
    Button. Offline
    Member Joined 11y
    423 points Ranked 10003rd
    By the way if you didnt know...

"I don't like DWP! What can I do about it?"
    Disable it with a cvar. "mp_dynamicpricing" is the relevant one. Changing it to 0 prevents the changing of weapon prices. This means they are not altered from week to week as they will be with this cvar on. If you are running a server and changing this cvar doesn't seem to help, you should add it to all of your .cfg files. You may have to restart the server, too.
    :3 avatar
    Mantra
    :3
  • 11y
    Jotsch avatar
    Jotsch Offline
    Member Joined 11y
    1,076 points Ranked 4354th
    7 medals 1 rare
    • One month a member Medal icon
    • 6 months a member Medal icon
    • 1 year a member Medal icon
    • 2 years a member Medal icon
    Hey p228 is nice ;) Hmm i think its a nice idea. But we will see maybe after a little time its boring^^
    Mantra
  • 11y
    ElemeNt` avatar
    ElemeNt` Offline
    Member Joined 12y
    1,466 points Ranked 3212th
    Why the hell are you all playing css? The graphics are nice, but the gameplay sucks. You don't need to aim, only strafe and shoot and you'll only make headshots. This is ridiculous.
    My graphic and texture skills  avatar
    Mantra
    My graphic and texture skills
  • 11y
    fondlemyballs avatar
    Member Joined 11y
    14,794 points Ranked 288th
    9 medals 1 rare
    Dumbshit all you need the skills to play the game. I think Valve has done a good job and the ir newest update is very cool.
    AssassinsPromise avatar
    Mantra
    AssassinsPromise
  • 11y
    Confused avatar
    Confused Offline
    Member Joined 12y
    754 points Ranked 6050th
    The new update is cool. The dynamic pricing will be gun, but it killed zombiemod servers so i am temporarily sad.
    Mantra
  • 11y
    ez_jamin avatar
    ez_jamin Offline
    Member Joined 11y
    2,230 points Ranked 2086th
    Imo they ruined cs:s as soon as they made it.
    Its nothing like "real" counter strike gameplay.

And then they go and screw it up even more by making this new crappy weapon pricing. It totaly ruins it.
    Chun-Li's Thighs  avatar
    Mantra
    Chun-Li's Thighs
  • 11y
    DW461 avatar
    DW461 Offline
    Member Joined 12y
    Actually there aren't that many cheaters. However the experienced crowd from other CS versions are getting tired of 1.6 and are trying out Source, and Source isn't that difficult compared to the others.

That is why you are dying all the time, the people you are playing against are actually GOOD. Not used to that, are you?

Oh and by the way, money is EXTREMELY easy to get in Source, or so it feels to me. Even if I am doing crappy I always have 8k sitting there for me on $800 start servers.

No one cares about weapon prices, since you can buy an AWP or AK or M4 every round and have PLENTY left over if you are doing well. Everyone will continue buying them.
    Watching CS spiral downwards..
  • 11y
    Blowmeister avatar
    Member Joined 11y
    229 points Ranked 16093rd
    7 medals 1 legendary 1 rare
    Wow....all this fuss over such a shit game. When you can have 3 times the fun for $10, (CS 1.6),

WHY BOTHER WITH THIS SHIT???!!! and whinge about it? one day the css playing nubs going "oMg i DoiNt Laik Teh NEW WAEPON PRIECS!!! They, laik, suckz0ratalizeate.!!!!11one!! i hait valve! im gonna plai theeeiir siht gaim anywayz!!!" will just make me break down and cry.
    Looking for a skinning/modelli avatar
    Mantra
    Looking for a skinning/modelli
  • 11y
    ez_jamin avatar
    ez_jamin Offline
    Member Joined 11y
    2,230 points Ranked 2086th
    Posted by DW461

Actually there aren't that many cheaters. However the experienced crowd from other CS versions are getting tired of 1.6 and are trying out Source, and Source isn't that difficult compared to the others.

That is why you are dying all the time, the people you are playing against are actually GOOD. Not used to that, are you?

Finaly somebody talks sense.
    Chun-Li's Thighs  avatar
    Mantra
    Chun-Li's Thighs
  • 11y
    Eraser avatar
    Eraser Offline
    Member Joined 13y
    4,410 points Ranked 1034th
    It's helped me realise that CS isn't that great. But what they're doing to it is only making it worse. Tried and tested gameplay should not be changed.
    MY AVATAR IS IRRELEVANT AGAIN!
  • 11y
    Saitek avatar
    Saitek Offline
    Member Joined 11y
    5,278 points Ranked 865th
    Valve are fucking retards, end of story.
    Movie Fanatic :D avatar
    Mantra
    Movie Fanatic :D
  • 11y
    skstrat avatar
    skstrat Offline
    Member Joined 11y
    509 points Ranked 8568th
    To the OP:

do you know the principle of market economics: supply and demand? We as players of CSS are demanders. Valve are suppliers. When the demand for something is high, so is the price (we like AK, M4, Deagle and AWP, hence the price for it is higher, and the demand decreases). ETC. In effect, we are now more likely to buy crappy guns becoz their price is lower.
    Arividerchi avatar
    Mantra
    Arividerchi
  • 11y
    Mirrors avatar
    Mirrors Offline
    Member Joined 11y
    968 points Ranked 4841st
    Wait, I'm confused about all this...so the cops knew Internal Affairs was setting them up?
    Attitudes are mirrors of the m avatar
    Mantra
    Attitudes are mirrors of the m
  • 11y
    superpele avatar
    superpele Offline
    Member Joined 11y
    720 points Ranked 6314th
    9 medals 1 legendary 1 rare
    • 1 post awarded Exemplary Feedback Medal icon
    Man, all the weapons you named is really good! ;) But you know, I hate when on internet people only uses MP5, M4A1, AK47, AWM & Desert Eagle. That's stupid, they even don't know another weapons, only these ones I named!
    Mantra
  • 11y
    x2-the-G avatar
    x2-the-G Offline
    Member Joined 11y
    775 points Ranked 5908th
    Posted by x ZerK x

Its nothing like "real" counter strike gameplay.

Then 1.6 isnt "real CS gameplay too, only beta 1 -.-'
    [OT]btw all the cs1.6 players say "css sux, u just make headshots, netcode sux, luckergame, unrealistic, hitboxes r bad"
    css doesnt suck -> its ur meaning everyguy thinks otherwise
    u just make headshots -> more headshots but u need 1headshot from less guns to kill so u need 2(!!) headshots often = aim
    netcode sux -> i think most didnt just take a look at it, it is really good if u understand netcodes
    luckergame -> same as more headshots, BUT u cant spray as in cs1.6, like all the "pG"'s do
    uneralistic -> everyone can say what he wants here i think its more realistic then 1.6 (no shooting through walls, no nade-dmg through walls etc
    hitboxes -> they arent like in cs1.6 with edges at the head etc they are just at some points not on the model, most boxes are just like the model! (take a look at 1.6+css hitboxes through a model viewer and u'll see) [/OT]

now this is gonna be a flamer thread i think but i hope it will not be...
    GO DIE!!!!! avatar
    Mantra
    GO DIE!!!!!
  • 11y
    Eugene avatar
    Eugene avatar Offline
    Member Joined 12y
    3,738 points Ranked 1229th
    19 medals 2 legendary 2 rare
    • Submitted 200 Threads Medal icon
    • Submitted 100 Threads Medal icon
    • GAMEBANANA Spray Contest Entrant Medal icon
    Posted by x1337x

You guys r noobs

How are we noobs? Valve is trying to make the game more fun to play. Stop being a small cry baby, just because the prises are change. Suck it up !
    this site is dead avatar
    Mantra
    this site is dead
  • 11y
    Buckweat avatar
    Buckweat Offline
    Noob Industries Flag Affiliation: Noob Industries
    Member Joined 11y
    620 points Ranked 7186th
    15 medals 1 legendary 1 rare
    • Became a Studio Leader Medal icon
    • 1 post awarded Exemplary Feedback Medal icon
    Buckweat Noob Industries Flag
    Noob Industries
    Posted by $a!teK

Valve are fucking retards, end of story.

Yes, Valve are fucking retards. That's exactly why you purchased CS and probably play it like an addicted bitch. Good Job.
    L.A. face w/ an Oakland Booty
  • 11y
    xflame avatar
    xflame Offline
    Member Joined 11y
    547 points Ranked 8029th
    I been playing css for 2 years the first years was the best.Since then with all these updates,more people.CSS has died...You needed to play csss when it first came out thats where the fun was.People don't play css right anymore.
    I shall take what I wish. avatar
    Mantra
    I shall take what I wish.
  • 11y
    Blackdeath099 avatar
    Member Joined 12y
    660 points Ranked 6817th
    Posted by Confused

The new update is cool. The dynamic pricing will be gun, but it killed zombiemod servers so i am temporarily sad.

how ?
    Rofl Half, Life !?!!
  • 11y
    oil is srs business avatar
    Member Joined 11y
    2,312 points Ranked 2015th
    ZombieMod servers only use Pistols, Shotguns, and SMGs, so how exactly are they dead? The only hurt weapon in that section is really the Desert Eagle, and you don't really need one of those in ZombieMod anyways. Try a USP for once.

ZombieHorde was always better, anyways.
    HAI 2 U FPSB avatar
    Mantra
    HAI 2 U FPSB
  • 11y
    Uber-Zeo avatar
    Uber-Zeo Offline
    Member Joined 11y
    Posted by Twilight Samus

ZombieMod servers only use Pistols, Shotguns, and SMGs, so how exactly are they dead? The only hurt weapon in that section is really the Desert Eagle, and you don't really need one of those in ZombieMod anyways. Try a USP for once.

ZombieHorde was always better, anyways.

Not all do, though. You can turn of rifles. My favorite zombie server has rifles turned on.

And the new pricing system is FUCKING GREAT! It brings variety in the game other than just deagles, aks, and M4s. To where you have people using TMPs and the Galil more.
  • 11y
    BlackJack313 avatar
    Member Joined 11y
    114 points Ranked 25802nd
    This whole new DWP thing is annoying yes, but free ammo is good, i guess it's just valve trying 2 procrastinate from fixing small bugs in the game by adding crap like "this weeks special" etc. i mean its still the same old game, just diff prices and a changed buy menu. i agree with u that it is annoying but we will just have to cop it and move on basically.
  • 11y
    Spectro avatar
    Spectro Offline
    Member Joined 12y
    I hate these threads. Change is good, not bad, people.
    Mantra
  • 11y
    2Shaezee avatar
    2Shaezee Offline
    Member Joined 12y
    25,683 points Ranked 170th
    The 'Bargains' just screwed css, serious players and clans tactics are messed due to things like buying a deagle at the start of the match, or buying an m4 after 3 rounds, because it is dearer, valve have made the game TOO realistic

everyone will get used to it though, it's like when the new models where released and i just sat staring at my screen for 30 mins before choosing my team, i hated that day.
    The Ministry of Gaming avatar
    Mantra
    The Ministry of Gaming
  • 11y
    Mike avatar
    Mike Offline
    Member Joined 11y
    477 points Ranked 9095th
    8 medals 1 legendary 1 rare
    Lol noone even cares about the radar any more so stfu and wait till the next update because ill bet that nubs will complain about it and forget about this/
    Only One avatar
    Mantra
    Only One
  • 11y
    Mike avatar
    Mike Offline
    Member Joined 11y
    477 points Ranked 9095th
    Posted by 2Shaezee

The 'Bargains' just screwed css, serious players and clans tactics are messed due to things like buying a deagle at the start of the match, or buying an m4 after 3 rounds, because it is dearer, valve have made the game TOO realistic

everyone will get used to it though, it's like when the new models where released and i just sat staring at my screen for 30 mins before choosing my team, i hated that day.

Ya and btw clan servers can disable the dwp so dont fret
    Only One avatar
    Mantra
    Only One
  • 11y
    CSS sucked from the start, /end.
    Banned
  • 11y
    Jotsch avatar
    Jotsch Offline
    Member Joined 11y
    1,076 points Ranked 4354th
    7 medals 1 rare
    All the guy's who like/prefer the m4a1, ak47, deagle and awp are pissed off ;) Because the weapons are the most popular weapons ingame. This mean that the weapons are more expensive like the famas and galil as an example (My favourite weapons ;))
    Mantra
  • 11y
    VictorRinaldi avatar
    Member Joined 11y
    1,109 points Ranked 4230th
    The hell?

UMP .45 is an excellent weapon!
    Mantra
  • 11y
    blackop773643 avatar
    Member Joined 12y
    24,803 points Ranked 176th
    You people are a bunch of fags. If you hate steam, why did you buy there games? Why are you on a Valve game website? I for one think valve is the best game company on the market. The source engine may be one of the best engines out there. Also, stop bitching about how long it takes for them to put new shit out. It took them a few years to do hl2, but it was worth it. So everyone just shut up.
    Mantra
  • 11y
    Posted by blackop773643

You people are a bunch of fags. If you hate steam, why did you buy there games? Why are you on a Valve game website? I for one think valve is the best game company on the market. The source engine may be one of the best engines out there. Also, stop bitching about how long it takes for them to put new shit out. It took them a few years to do hl2, but it was worth it. So everyone just shut up.

Everything disappointed me, and I don't play it anymore. HL2 or CSS. They both suck, and valve makes nothin' good. I had hopes for the games, but my hopes were shot down like a single BF109 trying to take down a F18. Oh, and in case you had not noticed this site isn't just for Valve games, and the skins may be good, but the game isn't.
    Banned
  • 11y
    SpiffSpoo avatar
    SpiffSpoo Offline
    Member Joined 11y
    1,258 points Ranked 3744th
    Posted by h4mx0r

You mean the problem with Geforce 5 cards? It doesn't really matter, those card blew anyways and you get MORE FPS with DX8 enable instead of DX9.

Just saying =\
    Hobos Unite!
  • 11y
    Norrisey1985 avatar
    Member Joined 12y
    10,458 points Ranked 412th
    10 medals 1 legendary 1 rare
    CSS is getting more different then CS 1.6, every time Valve makes an update. Valve itself doesn't suck because HL2 and DODS were good games except for taking the brits out of DODS. But Valve should of saved the work of having to change the prices every week, into something better like a new map.
    What do you say John? F*** Em' avatar
    Mantra
    What do you say John? F*** Em'
  • 11y
    Envision avatar
    Envision Offline
    Member Joined 11y
    1,739 points Ranked 2691st
    People, there is no "Real" or "Proper" Counter strike source gameplay. CSS = NEW COUNTER STRIKE it is not meant to be 1.6 with hyped up graphics and physics! it is a completley different game, hence the DWP's.ect.ect, if they want'd it to be the same as 1.6, then it would be. stop complaining because valve want to make a new, and to some extent better game.
    2008 - Year of the Open Source avatar
    Mantra
    2008 - Year of the Open Source
  • 11y
    blackop773643 avatar
    Member Joined 12y
    24,803 points Ranked 176th
    Posted by Envision

People, there is no "Real" or "Proper" Counter strike source gameplay. CSS = NEW COUNTER STRIKE it is not meant to be 1.6 with hyped up graphics and physics! it is a completley different game, hence the DWP's.ect.ect, if they want'd it to be the same as 1.6, then it would be. stop complaining because valve want to make a new, and to some extent better game.

Your completley Right.
    Mantra
  • 11y
    Silent Ricochet avatar
    Member Joined 12y
    47,928 points Ranked 81st
    14 medals 1 legendary 1 rare
    • Became a Club Leader Medal icon
    I think its pretty cool the dynamic pricing. It's like buying it from a actual store. The guns that no one buys are priced lower so people will buy t, as the more popular weapons are priced higher because theres a high demand for them.
    Loud Mouth New Yawkuh avatar
    Mantra
    Loud Mouth New Yawkuh
  • 11y
    rmccarthy24 avatar
    Member Joined 12y
    885 points Ranked 5257th
    I liie the new buying system and the math thing that movies the prices around
    clan, country, family
  • 11y
    Mr Blue avatar
    Mr Blue Offline
    Member Joined 12y
    A $3300 ak and a $2000 desert eagle is rediculous. Nuff said.
  • 11y
    Supa Scoopa avatar
    Member Joined 12y
    4,263 points Ranked 1072nd

mp_dynamicpricing 0 and its off.

It can't change Clan based gaming as its turned off on every war server.

• 11y
    Shaydee avatar
    Shaydee avatar Offline
    Member Joined 12y
    2,689 points Ranked 1706th
    I don't really care about the dynamic weapon pricing or anything like that, i just hate the way that you don't even need to aim to get a kill >.<

Posted by ElemeNt`
    You don't need to aim, only strafe and shoot and you'll only make headshots. This is ridiculous.

I totally agree with that
    Just another day. avatar
    Mantra
    Just another day.
  • 11y
    Suckage avatar
    Suckage Offline
    Member Joined 11y
    I know, and I don't really care about the dynamic pricing.
    Mantra

Shareable Image:
Share banner
HTML embed code:
BB embed code:
Markdown embed code:

More embeddable images

Bookmark and Share

Submitter

fartknocker420 avatar
Member Joined 11y
3,036 points Ranked 1508th