CSS Galil > 1.6 Galil?

A Forum Thread for Counter-Strike: Source

Attention Gamer! We are one of the oldest mod sites on the Interwebs. Sign up and maximize your browsing experience.

• Subscribe: Get notified of new submissions like this.
  • Say Thanks: Show your appreciation by sending Noobberry points.
  • Flag: Alert moderators and warn members of a problem with this Thread.
  • Watch: Get notified when this Thread is updated.
Mascot

Join the community!

Already a Bananite? Login

So i was playing css using a galil, i was like huh, its really heavy for some reason and became really weak but in the 1.6 galil it was pefectly fine, middle weight, good rate of fire and good damage done. I just also find out sometimes running and fire really suks cause of the recoil. Yea i agree the 1.6 galil is way better than the galil for source.

• 11y
    strangemodul3 avatar
    Member Joined 12y
    1,556 points Ranked 3017th
    I find the Galil accuracy and rate of fire similar to each other, but the increased weight in Source confuses me. The damage is a bit higher in CSS in my opinion.
  • 11y
    Laser-Guided avatar
    Member Joined 12y
    2,442 points Ranked 1908th
    It seems like you are moving very slow when you have your primary weapon out in source but when you pull out the knife you get fast all of a sudden.
    "It's been a looong time. avatar
    Mantra
    "It's been a looong time.
  • 11y
    JtMax avatar
    JtMax Offline
    Member Joined 12y
    What? Your thread title says that the CSS Galil is better but your post says you like the 1.6 one more. :P
    Remember to thumb up good post avatar
    Mantra
    Remember to thumb up good post
  • 11y
    YellowJello avatar
    YellowJello avatar Offline
    Member Joined 13y
    101,058 points Ranked 31st
    29 medals 2 legendary 6 rare
    • 10 years a member Medal icon
    • Submitted 200 Threads Medal icon
    • Reached 75,000 Points Medal icon
    • 6 years a member Medal icon
    • Submitted 100 Threads Medal icon
    • Submitted 20 Gamefiles Medal icon
    I've always thought that the galil was horrible, along with the famas. I always stick with the original weapons.
    Jiggle Jiggle avatar
    Mantra
    Jiggle Jiggle
  • 11y
    TheSheepness avatar
    Member Joined 11y
    7,211 points Ranked 615th
    Mmm ya your right galil in 1.6 is better. but the sound is difrent in css :S
    mmm pimpalicious avatar
    Mantra
    mmm pimpalicious
  • 11y
    x2-the-G avatar
    x2-the-G Offline
    Member Joined 11y
    775 points Ranked 5908th
    I dont like the galil in 1.6 but i like the famas there, in css i like the galil very much and the famas i dont like there^^
    GO DIE!!!!! avatar
    Mantra
    GO DIE!!!!!
  • 11y
    Cab3 avatar
    Cab3 Offline
    Member Joined 11y
    127 points Ranked 24130th
    Same with the FAmas
    Sit on it!  avatar
    Mantra
    Sit on it!
  • 11y
    -Ninja avatar
    -Ninja Offline
    Member Joined 11y
    448 points Ranked 9553rd
    Galil, whoever invinted the weapon need's some buttsechs and then get shot.

That gun is fugly.
    Ninja's have Flyhax. avatar
    Mantra
    Ninja's have Flyhax.
  • 11y
    -Ninja avatar
    -Ninja Offline
    Member Joined 11y
    448 points Ranked 9553rd
    Yea your right, replace them with the M16 and AK 101 or something.
    Mantra
    Ninja's have Flyhax.
  • 11y
    Darko avatar
    Darko Offline
    Member Joined 11y
    463 points Ranked 9312th
    Gali + Famas > M4A! + AK47
    Banned
  • 11y
    Supa Scoopa avatar
    Member Joined 12y
    4,263 points Ranked 1072nd
    I actually like the Famas a lot. The burst fire option is quite useful for mid range. I never use the Galil though.
  • 11y
    -Ninja avatar
    -Ninja Offline
    Member Joined 11y
    448 points Ranked 9553rd
    Well, that's just about the person, whe someone is a n00b with M4, ofcourse you can kill him with a famas from 300 meter's away.

But I think they'r just, meh, at least the could have used the burst better for M4.
    Mantra
    Ninja's have Flyhax.
  • 11y
    ninjabread avatar
    ninjabread Offline
    Member Joined 12y
    Posted by Darko

Gali + Famas > M4A1 + AK47

truth be told
    gingerbread + ninja = avatar
    Mantra
    gingerbread + ninja =
  • 11y
    Logike avatar
    Logike Offline
    Member Joined 12y
    506 points Ranked 8604th
    I like famas a galil a lot. But the 1.6 famas is better.
    Bananite!
  • 11y
    JoeDirt123 avatar
    JoeDirt123 Offline
    Member Joined 11y
    I love the famas. I used it in a TWL match (yes, I degraded myself to play with my less experienced members in TWL) on De_Season and I did better with that then I did with the M4. As for the galil, all you need to do is actually have relatively good aim (or be really close) and you'll be fine.
  • 11y
    HandKeRiC32 avatar
    Member Joined 12y
    1,810 points Ranked 2590th
    CSS sucks in my opinion. I miss the good ol' days of 1.5.
    Rest in peace Trev avatar
    Mantra
    Rest in peace Trev
  • 11y
    Temari avatar
    Temari Offline
    Member Joined 11y
    3,024 points Ranked 1519th
    The galil and famas are great middle ground for the AK and M4. The famas is one of the best sniping rifles in the game, and great for close range combat as well. I find that t works in almost any situation. Also the galil is a well-balanced weapon and excels in dust 2. Possibly moreso than the AK because it has a better rate of fire and has more ammo. Also the galil can be used as a decent sniping rifle. This goes for 1.6 and source. However each gun didn't change that much. It was more the hitboxes, etc etc that changed, not the gun itself.
    Only barely alive avatar
    Mantra
    Only barely alive
  • 11y
    JoeDirt123 avatar
    JoeDirt123 Offline
    Member Joined 11y
    Posted by Rushuna

The galil and famas are great middle ground for the AK and M4. The famas is one of the best sniping rifles in the game, and great for close range combat as well. I find that t works in almost any situation. Also the galil is a well-balanced weapon and excels in dust 2. Possibly moreso than the AK because it has a better rate of fire and has more ammo. Also the galil can be used as a decent sniping rifle. This goes for 1.6 and source. However each gun didn't change that much. It was more the hitboxes, etc etc that changed, not the gun itself.

That pretty much said it all. In CAL, or any other kind of league that I play in, for the CT's side whenever my team buys, it is always a good idea for me to buy a famas so I can get kills and save money for later.
  • 11y
    Zidshinsin avatar
    Zidshinsin Offline
    Member Joined 11y
    Galil > EVERYTHING. Honestly the Galil is deadly accurate, has decent damage, and has an extra 5 rounds that really come in handy sometimes.
    Was once a man from Nantucket
  • 11y
    Temari avatar
    Temari Offline
    Member Joined 11y
    Err not true. The galil is deadly shit if you get shot once. A guy that sprays with a TMP can kill you because the Galil aim gets shot to hell if you get touched.
    Only barely alive avatar
    Mantra
    Only barely alive
  • 11y
    Zidshinsin avatar
    Zidshinsin Offline
    Member Joined 11y
    Posted by Rushuna

Err not true. The galil is deadly shit if you get shot once. A guy that sprays with a TMP can kill you because the Galil aim gets shot to hell if you get touched.

Well that's just not true. The galil is only inaccurate if you run out there and fire 20 shots straight. But you are entitled to your opinion so whatever. But I use the galil over the ak any day.
  • 11y
    Temari avatar
    Temari Offline
    Member Joined 11y
    Actually it's a fact and it is tried and true. I have killed a guy who was "galil sniping" with a TMP by spraying at him. I would hit him right before he shot and his aim would go way off.

The AK is actually preferred over the Galil for sniping by the majority of CS (in general) players.
    Only barely alive avatar
    Mantra
    Only barely alive
  • 11y
    MR. PINK16 avatar
    MR. PINK16 Offline
    Member Joined 12y
    4,893 points Ranked 946th
    Obviously the Galil is the under dog when it comes to the AK... galil is for the round that you can't afford the AK! It is kind of like the MP5... used when it has to be...
    learn where I get the name, th avatar
    Mantra
    learn where I get the name, th
  • 11y
    JoeDirt123 avatar
    JoeDirt123 Offline
    Member Joined 11y
    Posted by Rushuna

Actually it's a fact and it is tried and true. I have killed a guy who was "galil sniping" with a TMP by spraying at him. I would hit him right before he shot and his aim would go way off.

The AK is actually preferred over the Galil for sniping by the majority of CS (in general) players.

That's probably because the tmp rounds go everywhere and seem to always hit the target in the head, and since headshots make your crosshair shoot up in the air, it would probably happen for every other gun.
  • 11y
    Zidshinsin avatar
    Zidshinsin Offline
    Member Joined 11y
    Posted by Rushuna

The gun is only as effective as the person wielding it. And I know how to use it. So pfffffffffffffffffffffffft to you. And AngerOfSouls makes an excellent point.
  • 11y
    Temari avatar
    Temari Offline
    Member Joined 11y
    The galil was the only gun the guy bought.

No need to act like a child about it. I mean shit. You're doing everything to say "my galil owns the shit out of everything in every aspect no matter what because Im the mother fuckin shit with it!"
    Only barely alive avatar
    Mantra
    Only barely alive
  • 11y
    Eggwhites avatar
    Eggwhites Offline
    Member Joined 12y
    45,915 points Ranked 85th
    11 medals 1 legendary 1 rare
    • Reached 1,000 Points Medal icon
    • Reached 2,500 Points Medal icon
    • Reached 7,500 Points Medal icon
    • Reached 25,000 Points Medal icon
    Galil and famas are like the headshot machines! I honestly get more kills with a galil than the ak, and the burst fire on the famas is awesome. And about the 1.6 galil being better? I dont think so. Even tho css changed the weight, its kinda better since the footsteps are harder to hear.
    Pure pwnage comes out of a she avatar
    Mantra
    Pure pwnage comes out of a she
  • 11y
    Zidshinsin avatar
    Zidshinsin Offline
    Member Joined 11y
    Posted by Rushuna

The galil was the only gun the guy bought.

No need to act like a child about it. I mean shit. You're doing everything to say "my galil owns the shit out of everything in every aspect no matter what because Im the mother fuckin shit with it!"

No that is pretty much what I am saying. Glad you understand.:)
  • 11y
    GuitarHero avatar
    GuitarHero avatar Offline
    Member Joined 11y
    30,176 points Ranked 140th
    13 medals 1 legendary 1 rare
    • Reached 1,000 Points Medal icon
    • Reached 2,500 Points Medal icon
    • Reached 7,500 Points Medal icon
    • Reached 25,000 Points Medal icon
    I like the gali b/c it fires faster and has 5 more bullets than the ak. but i also like it b/c it is good way to mow down some other players fast.
    >---(X_X)--->  avatar
    Mantra
    >---(X_X)--->
  • 11y
    JoeDirt123 avatar
    JoeDirt123 Offline
    Member Joined 11y
    I've aced teams with a galil before. It is really accurate in single shots, bursts are where it doesn't seem to do too well at long range so your aim has to be good. In close quarters I tend to use it more than an AK47 though, along with the sg550 but that is a different story >,> I actually sort of like how heavy the Galil feels in Source, it gives it a sense of power which most assault rifles in that game don't have.
  • 11y
    Temari avatar
    Temari Offline
    Member Joined 11y
    I like the feel of the Sig 552. It's probably my favorite assault rifle in the game.
    Only barely alive avatar
    Mantra
    Only barely alive
  • 11y
    Zidshinsin avatar
    Zidshinsin Offline
    Member Joined 11y
    Posted by AngerOfSouls

I've aced teams with a galil before. It is really accurate in single shots, bursts are where it doesn't seem to do too well at long range so your aim has to be good. In close quarters I tend to use it more than an AK47 though, along with the sg550 but that is a different story >,> I actually sort of like how heavy the Galil feels in Source, it gives it a sense of power which most assault rifles in that game don't have.

Exactly! The Galil is awesomesauce. And the sig552 is a great weapon! It shoots fast, is deadly accurate and extremely powerful.
  • 11y
    Temari avatar
    Temari Offline
    Member Joined 11y
    I already said the galil and famas are really well-balanced weapons. It starts to get a little unfair with the AK and M4 though, because the m4 has a higher ROF, does more damage it seems to me, and has a silencer. It does well at long range, short range and mid range. However the AK shoots slower, deals a little less damage, and excels only at long and mid range because when it's close range, ROF is a huge factor.

Thats just my opinion though, from my experience.
    Only barely alive avatar
    Mantra
    Only barely alive
  • 11y
    Zidshinsin avatar
    Zidshinsin Offline
    Member Joined 11y
    Posted by Rushuna

I already said the galil and famas are really well-balanced weapons. It starts to get a little unfair with the AK and M4 though, because the m4 has a higher ROF, does more damage it seems to me, and has a silencer. It does well at long range, short range and mid range. However the AK shoots slower, deals a little less damage, and excels only at long and mid range because when it's close range, ROF is a huge factor.

Oh yes, the M4 is the weapon to buy on CT, I always use it or go solo with my trusty p228.
  • 11y
    Temari avatar
    Temari Offline
    Member Joined 11y
    I actually prefer the Five seven over the Sig p228. On Terrorist however, it definitely is a good choice along with the desert eagle.
    Only barely alive avatar
    Mantra
    Only barely alive
  • 11y
    JoeDirt123 avatar
    JoeDirt123 Offline
    Member Joined 11y
    I always get torn between the p228 and the five-seven. The p228 has 7 less shots but is generally more powerful and I think has a better feel for getting headshots. But the five-seven is powerful as well and has 20 rounds while being very accurate even at long range. Although, I always use the Glock as a Terrorist, I love the burst-fire option with it and sometimes even buy it as a CT. The only pistols I can't use well are the Dualies and the USP.
  • 11y
    Zidshinsin avatar
    Zidshinsin Offline
    Member Joined 11y
    Yeah I like the Five SeveN too, but it just doesn't have the power the p228 has. It is more accurate though.But it gets hard to use it in heavy firefights since headshots are really to only way to kill with it. But perhaps you have mastered it. Oh well, off to play CSS now.
  • 11y
    JoeDirt123 avatar
    JoeDirt123 Offline
    Member Joined 11y
    Posted by Zidshinsin

Yeah I like the Five SeveN too, but it just doesn't have the power the p228 has. It is more accurate though.But it gets hard to use it in heavy firefights since headshots are really to only way to kill with it. But perhaps you have mastered it. Oh well, off to play CSS now.

I don't know, that isn't really a problem for me because I tend to aim for the head anyway with pistols.. Depending on the weapon that I have I just unknowingly aim to where it will do the most damage =\
  • 11y
    MR. PINK16 avatar
    MR. PINK16 Offline
    Member Joined 12y
    Posted by Rushuna

The AK actually does more damage... But the problem is, you can't get enough bullets out to make it count. The only factor to me that makes the main difference is accuracy due to the silencer.
    Mantra
  • 11y
    JoeDirt123 avatar
    JoeDirt123 Offline
    Member Joined 11y
    Posted by MR. PINK16

Posted by Rushuna

The AK actually does more damage... But the problem is, you can't get enough bullets out to make it count. The only factor to me that makes the main difference is accuracy due to the silencer.

I think that the silencer actually makes the M4 less accurate. I used to think it was the other way around but the more that I played, the more power and accuracy I seemed to get without a silencer. Spray is much easier for me to control with a silencer on however.
  • 11y
    MR. PINK16 avatar
    MR. PINK16 Offline
    Member Joined 12y
    Well, if source is realistic at all, it would make it more accurate... Which is the case for me. The silencer is just an extension on the barrel which would make it more accurate but a little less power due to the barrels extra friction. I am willing to give up that "extra power" to be able to get the headshot everytime.
    Mantra
  • 11y
    MR. PINK16 avatar
    MR. PINK16 Offline
    Member Joined 12y
    P90 has to be one of the other overlooked guns! 50 bullets in a clip, great ROF, alright damage...

But sniping with a P90?
    Mantra
  • 11y
    Temari avatar
    Temari Offline
    Member Joined 11y
    I have made it work.
    Only barely alive avatar
    Mantra
    Only barely alive
  • 11y
    JoeDirt123 avatar
    JoeDirt123 Offline
    Member Joined 11y
    I hate the p90!! It's the only weapon that I can't defend myself against... Having 50 rounds sprayed in your direction is a real pain in the ass to deal with 0.o
  • 11y
    D3vin avatar
    D3vin Offline
    Member Joined 12y
    310 points Ranked 12783rd
    I say famas is better than galil, and the source galil is better than the1.6 one
    Code Geass lover!! avatar
    Mantra
    Code Geass lover!!
  • 11y
    Temari avatar
    Temari Offline
    Member Joined 11y
    Actually, follow the Russian PPSH theory for the para and P90

You get a gun with lots of ammo Da?
    Da comrade.

Now it have short barrel so it work like shotgun da?
    Da comrade.

So what you do is shoot at them, and dont aim da?
    Da comrade.

You will hit because it have lots of ammo and shots go everywhere. Think it work Da?
    Da comrade.
    Only barely alive avatar
    Mantra
    Only barely alive
  • 11y
    Zidshinsin avatar
    Zidshinsin Offline
    Member Joined 11y
    Posted by Rushuna

Da comrade.

Da comrade.

Da comrade.

You will hit because it have lots of ammo and shots go everywhere. Think it work Da?
    Da comrade.

ROFL! Doesn't it seem like the shotty has perfect accuracy no matter how far away you are?
  • 11y
    MR. PINK16 avatar
    MR. PINK16 Offline
    Member Joined 12y
    Posted by Rushuna

Da comrade.

Da comrade.

Da comrade.

Da comrade.

This is why Russians took up vodka creation!
    Mantra
  • 11y
    Temari avatar
    Temari Offline
    Member Joined 11y
    Yeah it does, works like a dream.

Hey pink, the theory works.
    Only barely alive avatar
    Mantra
    Only barely alive
  • 11y
    I Missed On Purpose avatar
    Member Joined 12y
    735 points Ranked 6186th
    Posted by ninjabread

Posted by Darko

Gali + Famas > M4A1 + AK47

truth be told

You both must obviously suck at source because th Ak and the M4 are way better guns than the famas or galil for rof and damage the fact that most nubs use the famas and just put it on burst fire, because they suck to much to burst themselves with ak or m4. It just shows right there what gun takes the most skill and if you actually watch good people you will rarely ever see them use the famas or galil and if you see a pubstar using one he is prolly a nub on burst. Imo
    Its on Purpose I Swear avatar
    Mantra
    Its on Purpose I Swear

Shareable Image:
Share banner
HTML embed code:
BB embed code:
Markdown embed code:

More embeddable images

Bookmark and Share

Submitter

Noobberry avatar