Ads keep us online. Without them, we wouldn't exist. We don't have paywalls or sell mods - we never will. But every month we have large bills and running ads is our only way to cover them. Please consider unblocking us. Thank you from GameBanana <3

Big News! Read This A.s.a.p!

A Forum Thread for GameBanana

YES! IT'S TRUE! I now officially annouced Counter-Life version 2 RELEASED!!! Wait! Just wait for at least until tomorrow! Then Version 2 would be RELEASE! I just can't wait! Once again, THANK YOU BOTMAN!!!!! ((_. (I love to post screenshots, but I do not know how. But no point posting it. Nothing visully changed. Play version 2 tomorrow and see what I mean.)

Replies

• Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    2,424 points Ranked 20192nd
    access_time 17y
    *I'm sure you all love me now. I swear that this is not a custom model. But this guy is still in Beta as in, it's still buggy. It's up to me to take this weapon to Version 1. Next weapon: Dual Berettas Next feature: none in mind Next bug to fix: the rocket model for the tanks Yes guys, CLV2.5 is up and rockin'! WooHoo!!! ((_. *not THAT much! ((_.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    access_time 17y
    I've passed Version 2 to AMX. It's now up to him now to upload it. Enjoy. ((_.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    access_time 17y
    They can help by downloading the full SDK or just the full SDK source. Because since I did not change the fatal_fall_speed or anything that have to do with that and I use the default values, I see no problem in people helping me.:D By compiling the HL SDK without changing anything, the long jump bug and the falling bug will be present in the game. ((_.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • aMX avatar
    aMX Joined 18y ago
    access_time 17y
    how are people supposed to help if they cant take a look at the actual code?
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    access_time 17y
    I'll be honest with you guys, nothing. Yes, I did nothing and this bloody bug comes up. I'm sick and tired of this bug. I want to get rid of it ASAP! Blast that bloody bug! AAARRRGGGGHHHH!:mgw: :m4: :aug: :devil: :mad:
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    access_time 17y
    Well, I call it the elite method because newbies like me rush towards the rusted pipe without thinking. :) This bug is only present in CLV2, the version I'm currently working on(which is STILL 99.5% finished thanks to this bug) and the version which should have been released earlier(again, thanks to the bug)
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    access_time 17y
    It's falling through the breaking pipe onto the table with a headcrab under it with lots of boxes in the room. You'll die there no matter what you do except there are two ways: 1) Cheat :( 2) The elite method :) Elite method: Once you reached that area, rush at full speed towards the rusted area. Once the pipe begins to break, quickly press and hold the 'backward' key. You'll slide down the pipe with alot or little damage depending whether you slide but missed and land on the boxes or you slide all the way down respectively. This might take a little practice. Or a third way: GIVE ME THE GOD DAMNED VALUES AND NO ONE WILL NEED TO SUFFER LIKE THIS!! ((_. *That picture comes from the Flame Of Recca magna. I kind of 'like' this character. :D Maybe it's because of her hair stlye
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    access_time 17y
    This is a bug concerning Valve themselves. They kind of messed up their SDK and in fact, the bug I'm having now(the falling bug) is due to the SDK. This is irritating! Add one stuff in the source codes and another pops up. About the installer, I will keep you notified. ((_. *this attached picture tells you about this symbol: ((_.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    access_time 17y
    Yep, it's a bug. I know how to fix it. You much precache the rocket model. Those who messed the HL SDK should know what I mean.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    access_time 17y
    Finding the correct time is going to be little tricky when both our countries have different timing. The time now is 11.30.pm in Singapore. And also I need to know which server you are in(I'm still new to mIRC).
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • aMX avatar
    aMX Joined 18y ago
    access_time 17y
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    access_time 17y
    Ummmm, byk thanks but actually I was, uh, refering to AMX's e-mail. Don't worry, Counter-Life Version 2 WILL be released. Rest assured. Thanks alot on asking your dll writer friend! Whoever he is..... Hopefully he could supply the answers, until then, I'm off with trial and error.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    access_time 17y
    That would be great. But which e-mail account do I use to pass it to you? Forgot your mail! Sorry!:D BTW, I'm still fixing the 'fall' bug. Actually, it's not a bug at all. Just a screwed value. If any of you messed with the Half-Life SDK before, you all might be of help by telling me the 'fatal_fall_speed' values which still keep you alive. CLV2 is wwwaaaiiitttiiinnnggg. For V2.1, this is what I will do or try to do: 1) Increase or decrease the weapons damage. 2) Add in the XM1014 first(the rest will come later) 3) Alter the money abit 4) Give knife secondary attack 5) Fix the damage sprites 6) Fix any of the bugs in the bug section 7) Change the direction of ejected shells(CS 1.4 and 1.5 give only right handed models now. Check your cstrike/models folder) I will also upload a collection of my high-poly w_.mdl and p_.mdl I've collected over the months. I reskined them to the default skins. I'm still waiting for someone to model the default high-poly p_sg550.mdl. But it won't be of use now since I haven't added that weapon. Yet.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • aMX avatar
    aMX Joined 18y ago
    access_time 17y
    I wont be testing it for bugs, I ll just check if you can get it working on various systems which won't take long. The official release will be another beta that you guys can test ;)
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • aMX avatar
    aMX Joined 18y ago
    access_time 17y
    whenever you are done, mail me your version, I ll double check it and then will release it. Just want to see it ahead of time.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    access_time 17y
    OK. Version 2 is 99.5% done after I figure out the damn values to keep the player alive.(Read last post) To keep you all updated these are what I had fixed: 1) The m3 should be working properly now. Just like in CS. 2) The sentry 'sound' bug. i.e. Missing the hks1.wav, hks2.wav etc. 3) Gave the money a value of $250 4) Maximum amount of cash you can hold is now $25000. 5) M249, SG552 and M1A4 now hold up to 250 5.66mm rounds 6) USP holds up to 100 .45 bullets (like in CS!) 7) Glock18 holds up to 240 9mm rounds (same with mp5 and tmp) 8) Increased so that all guns deals with half of their default damage(default CS damge) (You all must be REAL glad with this) i.e The Deagle in previous version deals with 19 damage. NOW it deals with X damage half of actual CS damage( X means find out yourself. It's easy!) 9) Increase HEGrenade damage. i.e instead of 75, now 110. 10) Increase HEGrenade max capacity to 15 11) Counter-Life now hangs when you get the HEV suit (JUST KIDDING! :D ) 12) Knife swings faster. 13) Fixed so that the game does not need the v_*_r.mdl (For those with full CS 1.4 and 1.5 mod version) (thank me later ;) ). 14) Added temporary damage sprite. *IMPORTANT!!Check readme.txt given in the CLV2.zip. 15) You can't drop grenade now. Why do you want to drop them for? 16) Took away secondary fire for guns which doesn't need them. 17) Shorter AK47 reload ( BE HAPPY! :) ) 18) Fixed shared ammo issues ( For USP, Glock18, M249, M1A4, SG552, Scout, G3SG1) 19) M3 now holds up to 64 buckshots These are stuff I DO NOT want to add: 1) The C4 bomb (What's the use when you have 15 Hegrenades?) 2) Speed limitations (Trust me, you'll need the speed) 3) XM1014, Dual berrettas, fiveseven, ump, Mac10, aug and SG550 (JUST KIDDING! JUST KIDDING! :D ) 4) Condition:Zero weapons (CL will be modded on to how CS version 1 is [except the non-lethal leg-shot with the AWP :) ) 5) CS player models (if you really want use beta 5.2 - 7.1 CS models) Stuff I will try to add: 1) Hammering of pistols (Anyone willing to help?) 2) XM1014, Dual berrettas, fiveseven, ump, Mac10, aug and SG550 :D 3) The sprite which shows your cash like in CS. 4) THE DAMN G3 SPRITE! 5) Round timer? :confused: NAH! 6) Knife secondary fire 7) RPG!!!!!( Yeah, Right!:devil: ) 8) Longjump module fix 9) :m4: *hint look at the cartoon, concentrate on the HELMET. That's all for now. AMX if you are reading this I need to know two things: 1) your permission to release CLV2. I had Atom's, now I need your's 2) How to upload the CLV2.zip file.( you can use my e-mail on this one!) PRAY HARD EVERYBODY! ((_.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • aMX avatar
    aMX Joined 18y ago
    access_time 17y
    It would help if you sent me a copy of your work.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    access_time 17y
    I REALLY love to release version 2 right now but I have a problem. I suppose you guys know about the rusted pipe which breaks, in the area after killing the tentacle monster. Well, no matter what you do(except cheat), you'll die there. Even though you land on the health kit or have 100 health, you still die. Gravity is at 800, health is at 100, what is wrong?! I found out that the fatal fall distance and speed affects this. If anyone could help me with this, I'll gladly release version 2 immediately. After aMX allows me to.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Haunter avatar
    Haunter Joined 18y ago
    access_time 17y
    *hint: Look at what's circled!
    Bananite
    URL to post:

Embed

menu
Share banner