Help me make better stuff!

A Forum Thread for Counter-Strike: Source

SEX! Ok, we got your attention. We are one of the oldest mod sites on the Interwebs. Sign up and maximize your browsing experience.

• Subscribe: Get notified of new submissions like this.
  • Say Thanks: Show your appreciation by sending LiQViD points.
  • Flag: Alert moderators and warn members of a problem with this Thread.
  • Watch: Get notified when this Thread is updated.
Mascot

Resistance is futile...

Already a Bananite? Login

Hi guys. I need some help. My goal is to be able to do basically everything from making a model to releasing it. This means I need to take a model and animations I make in 3DSmax, export UVMaps, make textures (I can do that), compile it all, and be happy. I already know how to use 3DSmax (I can make models and animate them) but I don't have a clue how to do the whole UVmap thing. I also don't know how to get it from there, into a form that can be compiled with something like the Studio Compiler. Furthermore, I know nothing of compiling (I can't even get the Studio Compiler to work. I got passed the 211 error thing but now when I try to decompile a model, it crashes and shuts down) SO, I am asking you guys for help. ANYONE who can help on any of these problems Please feel free to post some advice/instructions. My current goal is to learn enough so that I can make world models for the duel USP Match pistols that I released alittle while ago. Version 2 is already reskined and fully customizeable, but I won't release it untill I can get some World models. Please help. I'm relying on you guys.

• 11y
    Protocol avatar
    Protocol Offline
    Member Joined 11y
    Err....

link

Btw, check out my indenting video tutorial. Should help you with multiple things :P
    Banned
  • 11y
    LiQViD avatar
    LiQViD Offline
    Member Joined 12y
    5,359 points Ranked 848th
    Oh hey, people replyed!
    Thanks guys, i'll have a look at those links and post back later.

Edit*
    Cool, using the links you provided kagoshima I managed to find this page: http://www.hl2world.com/wiki/index.php/Category:ModelingTutorials
    I think this will be quite useful.

I watched your video tutorial protocol but didn't learn anything new from it. Like I said before, I already know how to model and animate. Thanks for your suggestion anyway though.
    Revenge of the ocean. avatar
    Mantra
    Revenge of the ocean.

Shareable Image:
Share banner
HTML embed code:
BB embed code:
Markdown embed code:

More embeddable images

Bookmark and Share

Submitter

LiQViD avatar