Importing models. HELP.

A Forum Thread for Counter-Strike: Source

Yo, buddy. We are one of the oldest mod sites on the Interwebs. Sign up and maximize your browsing experience.

• Subscribe: Get notified of new submissions like this.
  • Say Thanks: Show your appreciation by sending FryFubar points.
  • Flag: Alert moderators and warn members of a problem with this Thread.
  • Watch: Get notified when this Thread is updated.
Mascot

Sound fun?

Already a Bananite? Login

I need to know if it is possible to import models from a different engine. So if i wanted to take player or weapon models from a different game, could I somehow put them in the source engine (CSS)? And would this mean re-animating? Also, how difficult it is to do this (if at all possible)? Finally, I have looked high and low for tutorials on this, but I have found nothing useful at all! So if it is possible, I also need a link to a tutorial or something please. Sounds a little too demanding? Well, for those who forefill this request (so to speak) will recieve many points, (although I am unfamiliar with the points system, infact I have never really used it). This is the clearest and best phrasing I could find to help you guys (and girls) understand the problem. Thanks in advance.

• 11y
    Simplicity avatar
    Simplicity Offline
    Member Joined 12y
    It's simple but can be hard. I had a tutorial on this but it got removed because a special SOME ONE didn't like me telling other people how to do it.

Take the model that you want to go into another game, decompile it using a modeling program, decompile the default model froom the game you want to put the other one into, open up the default model's reference.smd (IF HALF-LIFE/SOURCE ONLY) then import the other model, delete the old, then move the new model where the old was, then assign the vertexes to the bones. Save/compile/done.
    nyuuuu avatar
    Mantra
    nyuuuu

Shareable Image:
Share banner
HTML embed code:
BB embed code:
Markdown embed code:

More embeddable images

Bookmark and Share

Submitter

FryFubar avatar