I usually play on a server that has banned the awp. And Since i can only use the scout i would like to know helpful tips to become a scouting expert. I think i am ok but i want to be like unbelievably good. So any tips would be nice for me, and for anyone else who would like to be an aspiring scouter.
Switch from knife to scout and get a genreal area where you can shoot with a scout short range. Scouts are basically really strong pistols. Also shoot a little low. And if you wanna get cheap you can take a little peice of tape or somthing sticky and zoom in as far as you can w/ your scout and stick it in the middle of the crosshairs. this will get you better at shooting no scoped, but dont use that all the time, you will be a total asshole, just for practice. Remember preactice makes perfect
I am an professional scouter
heres a few tips
1. use your side arm in tight spaces
2. aim for the head always
3. put a dot at the center of your screen and stare at it until you can remove it and still no scope people, this will also help you to quickscoping beacuse if the center of the screen is close to him its only a zoom and a click and hes dead
5. keep moving if you stop your dead. unless your stopping to shoot.
6. if you happen to be facing sumone who is bursting or using an awp strafe back and forth stoppin for only an instant to quick scope them and move.
7. switch from scout to side arm to scout after a each shot do this by double tappin the q button or (your quick switch button)
noone can just tell you what to do and your good i suggest playing scouts n knives for practice.
Everyone nearly covered everything about scouting. I good hint that most people don't know is on the map dust2, when you're a terrorist, when you look down mid theres ther double doors where some CTs pass to go to bombsite B, instead of trying to snipe them inbetween the two doors, aim a bit to the left of it. Most of the time you'll peg em but nothing lethal, unless its a headshot. Happy hunting!
When you are playing dust 2 and you are a ct go behind the second pile of bricks in b and snipe b tunnel, also the scout is awesome for no scoping, it is alot more accurate than the awp, i also prefer to double scope with the scout.
rofl, best post on this thread
did u know that u can run faster with the scout than with the knife? well you can, gives you the advantage, as soon as you see the enemy, aim a bit infront and just shoot, try this for quite a while, it will improve your accuracy and your reactions (by reactions, i mean when you react you are aiming is prefect)
Shoot them once in the chest, since the Scout is the most inaccurate of the sniper rifles, you will miss head about 60% of the time.
Then quickly follow up with a D.Eagle bullet.
If they have armour, the second shot will do about 34 and kill them; if they don't, then the .50 will do about 56 to 61, enough to kill them with two anyway.