i need little help to srt a source s...

A Forum Thread for Counter-Strike: Source

SEX! Ok, we got your attention. We are one of the oldest mod sites on the Interwebs. Sign up and maximize your browsing experience.

• Subscribe: Get notified of new submissions like this.
  • Say Thanks: Show your appreciation by sending andre_dilo points.
  • Flag: Alert moderators and warn members of a problem with this Thread.
  • Watch: Get notified when this Thread is updated.
Mascot

Interested?

Already a Bananite? Login

i need little help to srt a source server what do i need i had a counterstrike server before is this like that or what need answers sone plz :bawl:

• 12y
    Aleshitox avatar
    Aleshitox Offline
    Member Joined 13y
    159 points Ranked 20822nd
    no no no, just install steam and run it off steam, its much easier that way...

ok so exactly what do you want to know? I will help you but I need to know if you are starting a dedicated server or if your starting a server from inside the css game, "create Server". Please tell what one you are using to start your server. if you are starting a dedicated server then it should work fine, if you want to start a server from inside the css game then type "map de_dust2" in the console to start an online game, or you can hit create server on the map and all the preferences you want, and then when your server is started, in the console type, "sv_lan 0" to make your server show up on the server list.
    Bananite
  • 12y
    plumplum avatar
    plumplum Offline
    Member Joined 13y
    Wow, I'm not even going to begin to tell you how much of a moron you are poweruser. "dont be soo fk nice i8", What are you, four years old? You asked a question, I answered. When I take the time to type something for you, I don't want to know what you think of it, Jackass. :bdie:
    Bananite
  • 12y
    andre_dilo avatar
    andre_dilo Offline
    Member Joined 13y
    Posted by '-=>[->[=-Silent'>ok so exactly what do you want to know? I will help you but I need to know if you are starting a dedicated server or if your starting a server from inside the css game, "create Server". Please tell what one you are using to start your server. if you are starting a dedicated server then it should work fine, if you want to start a server from inside the css game then type "map de_dust2" in the console to start an online game, or you can hit create server on the map and all the preferences you want, and then when your server is started, in the console type, "sv_lan 0" to make your server show up on the server list.

thank you for helping
    i need to start a dedicated server and i tryed to find software like i used when i started cs counterstrike the ordinary version like hlds4111
    Bananite
  • 12y
    Aleshitox avatar
    Aleshitox Offline
    Member Joined 13y
    159 points Ranked 20822nd
    ok so exactly what do you want to know? I will help you but I need to know if you are starting a dedicated server or if your starting a server from inside the css game, "create Server". Please tell what one you are using to start your server. if you are starting a dedicated server then it should work fine, if you want to start a server from inside the css game then type "map de_dust2" in the console to start an online game, or you can hit create server on the map and all the preferences you want, and then when your server is started, in the console type, "sv_lan 0" to make your server show up on the server list.
    Bananite
  • 12y
    andre_dilo avatar
    andre_dilo Offline
    Member Joined 13y
    Posted by poweruser>:dbz: dont be soo fk nice i8 i just wanted to know!!!!
    learn to be nice :command:

so nintendo shut the fuck up
    Bananite
  • 12y
    andre_dilo avatar
    andre_dilo Offline
    Member Joined 13y
    Posted by Nintendoo64>When you start a dedicated server it only shows up in the "Servers" list in the main steam menu. It is very rare that anyone will show up because the dedicated server list is grossly underpopulated. :bawl:

:dbz: dont be soo fk nice i8 i just wanted to know!!!!
    learn to be nice :command:
    Bananite
  • 12y
    plumplum avatar
    plumplum Offline
    Member Joined 13y
    When you start a dedicated server it only shows up in the "Servers" list in the main steam menu. It is very rare that anyone will show up because the dedicated server list is grossly underpopulated. :bawl:
    Bananite
  • 12y
    andre_dilo avatar
    andre_dilo Offline
    Member Joined 13y
    Posted by BigDog>easy as that...

if it was that easy i would not ask
    i need to know how to install it in the console.
    So i dont have to start the game every time
    do you know a way :freak:
    Bananite
  • 12y
    BigDog avatar
    BigDog avatar Offline
    Admin Joined 13y
    9,773 points Ranked 447th
    16 medals 2 legendary 1 rare
    • Achieved Admin clearance Medal icon
    • 10 years a member Medal icon
    • 6 years a member Medal icon