Help start a cs source server/community

A Forum Thread for Counter-Strike: Source

Hey, you! We are one of the oldest mod sites on the Interwebs. Sign up and maximize your browsing experience.

• Subscribe: Get notified of new submissions like this.
  • Say Thanks: Show your appreciation by sending nick92 points.
  • Flag: Alert moderators and warn members of a problem with this Thread.
  • Watch: Get notified when this Thread is updated.
Mascot

Resistance is futile...

Already a Bananite? Login

Hello, First off, I'm new here, so it's only propper for me to introduce myself. My name is Adam and I love Half-Life anything. There, now that you know me, on to business! Anyway, a couple of months ago, I started advertising in various places across the internet to obtain help to start a counter-strike source community/server. Overall, the project is much larger whereas I would like to extend the gaming community to many areas other than half-life/counter-strike, however, my interest lies and will remain primarily towards the half-life community. At this point the project is turning out well. We have a number of interested community members who would play on the "would-be" server as well as a small but dedicated and skilled team including web designers, graphic artists, and an extremely knowledgable individual concerning server related material. We are into the closing process of getting this server together and hope that within the next few weeks we have a server up and running. At this point, we are in need of more people interested in sharing their ideas, ability, and dedication to a community project. What this requires is the following: 1. Maturity - This is a huge part of what this team needs. If we have to deal with eachother and can't do so in a friendly and somewhat "level-headed" manner, this project will drop before it's started. 2. The ability to support the server financially. Servers don't pay for themselves, and I obviously wanted to put a team together that is large enough to easily support a server (small at first, larger as we increase in size/support). We can add "gimmicks" later to help pay for the server, but at first, we all gamble together. 3. Creativity - I don't want to put a server together that is just going to exist. I want ideas and the constant move forward. It is with creativity and resourcefulness that the staff as well as community members can push the community ahead. As I stated earlier, I am new to this community and find that most boards do not appreciate people posting links to their own websites and therefore I will not do so. It doesn't really matter I suppose since all we have right now is a forum for communication. So please, if I have caught your eye at all to either help support and administrate this community or just be apart of something that is about to grow, by all means contact me and I can share more of what we have been working on. AIM: OrionOfNirvana MSN: E-mail: I look forward to hearing from you. Thanks, Adam

• 12y
    nemes1s avatar
    nemes1s Offline
    Member Joined 15y
    364 points Ranked 11275th
    AGS is great when it comes to pings and support, if you're on the east side then I suggest a chicago based server. You'll ping alot better since it's closer to you.

If any help needed then ring a bell.
    Just keepin' it fresh.
  • 12y
    BigDog avatar
    BigDog avatar Offline
    Admin Joined 13y
    9,773 points Ranked 448th
    16 medals 2 legendary 1 rare
    • Achieved Admin clearance Medal icon
    • 10 years a member Medal icon
    • 6 years a member Medal icon
    • Became a Club Leader Medal icon
    • Reached 1,000 Points Medal icon
    • Reached 2,500 Points Medal icon
    BigDog avatar
    BigDog
    Guard Dog
  • 12y
    nick92 avatar
    nick92 Offline
    Member Joined 13y
    Kind of like the research with other servers showed, the product is cheap and good with slots, but the extra features are lacking. Also, the gaming community is looking to be east coast based and I would rather get a server a little "closer to home" for everyone. I appreciate your input though. As for the web host, I actually help run a web hosting company, so I kind of don't pay for that :-D.
    Bananite
  • 12y
    BigDog avatar
    BigDog avatar Offline
    Admin Joined 13y
    BigDog avatar
    BigDog
    Guard Dog
  • 12y
    nick92 avatar
    nick92 Offline
    Member Joined 13y
    Posted by BigDog>humm, well, i can setup amx mod x ... and admin mod... or that kind .. and i can setup server and i know a good place to get servers... 24 man for only $$30

I would appreciate it if you could share your source...
    We had been doing a lot of research to come down to two possibilities with good service aside from the slots and price.
    Bananite
  • 12y
    BigDog avatar
    BigDog avatar Offline
    Admin Joined 13y
    BigDog avatar
    BigDog
    Guard Dog
    humm, well, i can setup amx mod x ... and admin mod... or that kind .. and i can setup server and i know a good place to get servers... 24 man for only $$30
    Once a Top Dog, Always a Top D avatar
    Mantra
    Once a Top Dog, Always a Top D
  • 12y
    nick92 avatar
    nick92 Offline
    Member Joined 13y
    Posted by $teel_TS>I believe a desire to create a non-profit gaming organization should also be included in the requirements.

Steel, if you can't tell, is one of the other staff members. As to his reply, I agree 100%. The goal of this community is to build with people, not put money into our pockets. Any type of finances we can acquire are to be put towards helping build the community and no where else.
    Bananite
  • 12y
    Guest avatar
    Guest Offline
    Member Joined 12y
    12 medals 3 legendary 3 rare
    • Submitted 100 Skins Medal icon
    • Submitted 50 Maps Medal icon
    • Submitted 200 Threads Medal icon
    • Submitted 50 Skins Medal icon
    • Submitted 20 Maps Medal icon
    • Submitted 100 Threads Medal icon
    Thanks.

Any help and support in getting this baby rollin' is wonderful and much appreciated.

I don't think Hypno put this down along side maturity, creativity, and financialmatters--but--I believe a desire to create a non-profit gaming organization should also be included in the requirements. The process of creating a gaming community is a great learning experience for future founders so anyone interested in what it takes to form such a community should tag along.

Anyway...

At this current state in time, every member of our staff is extremely motivated to get this community 'on air'. So if you please, hop on the bus and join the ride.

That's my two cents. I hope it didn't sound too poetic.

Over and out,
    STEEL
    Bot Account
  • 12y
    nemes1s avatar
    nemes1s Offline
    Member Joined 15y
    364 points Ranked 11275th
    Well, as long as you didn't advertise. :p Good luck with the future, sounds great.
    Just keepin' it fresh.

Shareable Image:
Share banner
HTML embed code:
BB embed code:
Markdown embed code:

More embeddable images

Bookmark and Share

Submitter

nick92 avatar
nick92 Offline
Member Joined 13y