Dissappointed or Ripped off by Valve?

A Forum Thread for Counter-Strike: Source

Yo, buddy. We are one of the oldest mod sites on the Interwebs. Sign up and maximize your browsing experience.

• Subscribe: Get notified of new submissions like this.
  • Say Thanks: Show your appreciation by sending Sachen points.
  • Flag: Alert moderators and warn members of a problem with this Thread.
  • Watch: Get notified when this Thread is updated.
Mascot

Resistance is futile...

Already a Bananite? Login

• 12y
    Filler avatar
    Filler Offline
    Member Joined 14y
    1,210 points Ranked 3891st
    Posted by SIG-357HEADSHOT>THEY HAD TO HAVE A REASON TO BAN YOUR ACCOUNT BESIDES HOW THE :devil: DID YOU GET 2 ACCOUNTS YOU'RE ONLY ALLOWED TO HAVE 1 AND IF YOU HACKED STEAM YOU SHOULD BE GLAD THEY LET YOU GET A LEGIT ACCOUNT AFTER YOUR BAN

ROFLINTERNET
    B=====D avatar
    Mantra
    B=====D
  • 12y
    aldin avatar
    aldin Offline
    Member Joined 13y
    THEY HAD TO HAVE A REASON TO BAN YOUR ACCOUNT BESIDES HOW THE :devil: DID YOU GET 2 ACCOUNTS YOU'RE ONLY ALLOWED TO HAVE 1 AND IF YOU HACKED STEAM YOU SHOULD BE GLAD THEY LET YOU GET A LEGIT ACCOUNT AFTER YOUR BAN
    Bananite
  • 13y
    Guest avatar
    Guest Offline
    Member Joined 12y
    12 medals 3 legendary 3 rare
    • Submitted 100 Skins Medal icon
    • Submitted 50 Maps Medal icon
    • Submitted 200 Threads Medal icon
    • Submitted 50 Skins Medal icon
    • Submitted 20 Maps Medal icon
    • Submitted 100 Threads Medal icon
    Posted by ColdFusioN>
    Rag, browse around, maybe you'll find something useful; besides looking up people in warez sites. I strongly doubt that you yourself are a completely legit user if you have found so many quotes from my friend.

see the difference between me and you is that i am legit,i dont hack,i dont have warez,and i dont cheat in games why you may ask?

cause i work for a living and i have the money to buy my own software/hardware and i have fun playing games

how did i find the info on you? easy i do have a brain and i know how to follow links and i notice everything

i have 2 accounts for STEAM 1 of which my CDKey is tied to my old pre-steam cdkey back when WON was in use and my wonID was 32589 which i had got from my friend cause he wanted my old CDkey to have an earlier wonID which was 3020 so we traded and recently he started playing again so i gave him that account and i use my 2nd account

see as you get older and you start working,you can actually "work hard" and buy things for yourself instead of stealin from companies.
    Bot Account
  • 13y
    Guest avatar
    Guest Offline
    Member Joined 12y
    Posted by ColdFusioN>
    And my photoshop, i downloaded it of course. That makes me no e-gangster or thug.

I'm just another of the 1000000 people with it.

Posted by ColdFusioN>I don't know what's on his computer, but i do not have warez.

hhmmm odd you state you dont have any warez but in this very same thread you say you did

lol
    Bot Account
  • 13y
    Sachen avatar
    Sachen Offline
    Member Joined 13y
    444 points Ranked 9630th
    Now that's really fucked up. Don't ever say something like that you pubeless bitch.

I just read that I know what i think you guys thought i meant; though it wasn't meant that way.

I lost the arguement.

Yar suck it up.
    Bananite
  • 13y
    Kornven avatar
    Kornven Offline
    Member Joined 13y
    266 points Ranked 14387th
    8 medals 1 legendary 1 rare
    • 10 years a member Medal icon
    • 6 years a member Medal icon
    • Installation Guide Submitter Medal icon
    • One month a member Medal icon
    • 6 months a member Medal icon
    • 1 year a member Medal icon
    Posted by ColdFusioN>Now quit trying to start arguements with me, because arguing on the internet is like winning at the retarded olympics - even if you win, you're still stupid.

Now that's really fucked up. Don't ever say something like that you pubeless bitch.

If what ragathol says is true; then you have absolutely nothing to complain about. You lost. gg.
    SexyResults avatar
    Mantra
    SexyResults
  • 13y
    Sachen avatar
    Sachen Offline
    Member Joined 13y
    444 points Ranked 9630th

You're a real bastard, picking on those just because you feel superior to them? I see who you are. Die please.

Have you ever seen the picture, it's called a diss at someone, not at those who have difficulties with life; those people are naturally like that, and why would i make fun of them?

on the left is the warez site on the right is CFs own forums,and if you notice boths pics have the 2 next to the name

This is what i was getting to. CSbanana - me.
    Rin and ate:valve = my friend.

The sigs and avatar's are the same because he made it, and i copied off him. Duh.

I don't know what's on his computer, but i do not have warez.

And the site, i looked for what you were talking about, the link, that turned out to be a link for free hosting. How is that warez?

And I see you're just against me naturally.

I'm not going to respond to this thread anymore, because it will just get out of hand.

There's too much explaining to do, and i'm not bored enough to do that.

And Pie, i'll say it again, that statement was not an insult to those who are mentally handicapped. I know the importance of life, and what it is to have a healthy body without problems.

Rag, browse around, maybe you'll find something useful; besides looking up people in warez sites. I strongly doubt that you yourself are a completely legit user if you have found so many quotes from my friend.
    Bananite
  • 13y
    Guest avatar
    Guest Offline
    Member Joined 12y
    o and ill post this just for measures lmfao

on the left is the warez site on the right is CFs own forums,and if you notice boths pics have the 2 next to the name

anyways i gotta go for a bit laterz
    Bot Account
  • 13y
    Guest avatar
    Guest Offline
    Member Joined 12y
    Posted by ColdFusioN>Err, excuse me, that's not me.

I know what site you're talking about, cs.rin because my friend pointed that earlier to me.

Yes, he has the same sig and avatar as me, because he made it and i copied it off him; the only way to distinguish between him and me is the ² symbol.

Nice try, but that's not me.

And if you have seen those quotes, then you'd know that some of them are as long as 4 months old.

So that means you've been on that board for a considerable amount of time.

Meaning you're part of the "hackers"?

And for more info on Valve's stuff.

And i'll repeat this again.
    ATE:Valve is completely legit.
    We do not support warez or cracks or any of the sort.
    If our members have cracks and warez, that is none of our business, because of our TOC.

The main focus of this thread is to enlighten people and gain what is rightfully ours.

If you fully support Valve, good for you.

If you don't express your opinions.

Now quit trying to start arguements with me, because arguing on the internet is like winning at the retarded olympics - even if you win, you're still stupid.

hhhmmm funny i found the link for that warez site on your forums,but yet you dont promote warez

and all i did was check your profile and clicked on all posts by user

and you say its not you? then why did you say you made it on your forums and the other forums?

and why is it YOU talk on that warez forum about your forum and your supposed legit accounts? o and also on those "other" forums that accounts talks bout your site and says you are same person from details

its the same person,it is you

i wasnt born yesterday and neither has the others who posted in here,and neither did valve,your accounts were terminated for hacked games
    ::nuff said::
    Bot Account
  • 13y
    Sachen avatar
    Sachen Offline
    Member Joined 13y
    444 points Ranked 9630th
    Err, excuse me, that's not me.

I know what site you're talking about, cs.rin because my friend pointed that earlier to me.

Yes, he has the same sig and avatar as me, because he made it and i copied it off him; the only way to distinguish between him and me is the ² symbol.

Nice try, but that's not me.

And if you have seen those quotes, then you'd know that some of them are as long as 4 months old.

So that means you've been on that board for a considerable amount of time.

Meaning you're part of the "hackers"?

And for more info on Valve's stuff.

"Here is the relevant section in their EULA:

Section 5, paragraph 3.

Valve may terminate your Account or a particular Subscription for any conduct or activity that Valve believes is illegal, Cheating or otherwise negatively affects the enjoyment of Steam by other Subscribers. You acknowledge that Valve is not required to provide you notice before terminating your Subscriptions(s) and/or Account, but it may choose to do so.

Does that mean valve can disable my account because I was speeding?

I think where the error lies here is that you agree to this for every subscription, it isn't one agreement for multiple subscriptions, it is effectively a different agreement per subscription. So they can't disable one account because of illegal stuff on other accounts, because the other accounts are separate."

They don't have to tell me? Why not?
    - "believes" does not cut it. It has to be illegal, and they must give you a reason, or this can be classified as something called "Denial of Service". That is easily recognized by a hacker as the kind of attack which allowes someone to deny a program or a service to you. The EULA never says they can ban your account FOR NO REASON.

And true, they cannot an other accounts because of activities in one, nor can they disable accounts because of previous behaviors. In fact, they shouldn't be allowed to disable Steam at all. Think of what the EULA says..."this distrubs other subscribers playing Steam". Playing offline doesn't disturb some junkie in New Jersey, so why the f**k doesn't it even let me play Half-Life.

And i'll repeat this again.

ATE:Valve is completely legit.

We do not support warez or cracks or any of the sort.

If our members have cracks and warez, that is none of our business, because of our TOC.

The main focus of this thread is to enlighten people and gain what is rightfully ours.

If you fully support Valve, good for you.

If you don't express your opinions.

Now quit trying to start arguements with me, because arguing on the internet is like winning at the retarded olympics - even if you win, you're still stupid.
    Bananite
  • 13y
    Guest avatar
    Guest Offline
    Member Joined 12y
    and heres some info that im sure valve has looked into also which ill let others see...

I'll wait till enuff people PM me, and then i'll release it all at once on my own ftp. I'll only be allowing 2 people to download it. I will release those names and it'll be up to those two to torrent it or something. So check back here often. And remeber to remind me, what with everything going on now i can barely remeber for homework.

Oh btw, I will only be sharing until 10 PM PST tonight. Seeders that have completed the downloads, seed or die.I have your IPS.

I have 6 differnet client's seeding one file.You god damn leechers better do the same.

Obviously I'm chinese, and my parents would kill me if my ISP terminated my service for overuseage of bandwidth.

ive tried everything and now ive ended up screwin up my steam so now g2 reinstall... P
    plz..dont ignore us...we've searched everywhere..but i have not found the solution
    yes my steamthingy.inin is up to date..
    yes ive read the readme
    NO>MY HL2DM DOESNT WORK!

hellboss i need help
    can u upload the cracks for source and HL gams again?
    i messed up bad

btw everyone that was all stuff ColdFusioN has said...........

ok so anyways hows everyone doing?
    Bot Account
  • 13y
    Guest avatar
    Guest Offline
    Member Joined 12y
    Posted by ColdFusioN>Right, like you'd be quiet if your money was jipped; besides, it seems like you absolutely believe in valve as an all mighty company that makes ABSOLUTELY NO FLAWS. Well go ahead my friend.

if my money was jipped id handle it maturely

Uh Ares? I think not.
    I did not download any of those things, thank you very much.

right,just like you didnt download photoshop

Sites can afford to host a 4GB zip file? I never knew that.

You seem to know a lot about this.

when you been around as long as i have,you tend to learn things

So us, the ones who have not done anything are wronged because of others? Get real.

its hard to believe you havent done anything wrong,but was more in reference on how hard did you work?

I believe that that term is completely irrlevant to whatever beliefs you may have about me, true or false.

If you are so intent on proving me wrong, and thinking that all im saying is bullshit, then i invite to prove to me that Valve has NEVER made a mistake before. Tell me that there are not unsatisfied customers out there.

I've stated once, and ill say it again.
    We don't promote warez - or cheats or illegal stuff.
    We are trying to claim what is rightfully ours.

Thank you for your time.

i wouldnt call you a cheater unles i saw you cheat in a server or if you admitted to it,but i do believe you had a hacked version of the game.there will always be unsatisfied customers to any business.rightfully yours? like i said,i believe you had a hacked game.unles you can prove to them that you legally obtained the game they wont do anything for you,and if you cant prove that then you had a hacked version.which i have a feeling you cant prove it,if you could then im sure vavle would have already taken care of your accounts
    Bot Account
  • 13y
    Sachen avatar
    Sachen Offline
    Member Joined 13y
    444 points Ranked 9630th

so they suck cause they dont want to deal with all the whiners cursin all over and spamming they were wrongfully banned? you must remember there are rules when you sign up for forums.if you break those then actions will take place,ie..deletion of spam threads or even lockin them

Right, like you'd be quiet if your money was jipped; besides, it seems like you absolutely believe in valve as an all mighty company that makes ABSOLUTELY NO FLAWS. Well go ahead my friend.

and with that said,it makes me believe you downloaded HL2/CS:S from the same place

Uh Ares? I think not.
    I did not download any of those things, thank you very much.

worked hard? at what? finding a site and clickin download?

Sites can afford to host a 4GB zip file? I never knew that.

You seem to know a lot about this.

the actions they have done was because of actions of others

So us, the ones who have not done anything are wronged because of others? Get real.

Posted by drewd>
    cheater!

I believe that that term is completely irrlevant to whatever beliefs you may have about me, true or false.

If you are so intent on proving me wrong, and thinking that all im saying is bullshit, then i invite to prove to me that Valve has NEVER made a mistake before. Tell me that there are not unsatisfied customers out there.

I've stated once, and ill say it again.
    We don't promote warez - or cheats or illegal stuff.
    We are trying to claim what is rightfully ours.

Thank you for your time.
    Bananite
  • 13y
    Guest avatar
    Guest Offline
    Member Joined 12y
    cheater!
    Bot Account
  • 13y
    Guest avatar
    Guest Offline
    Member Joined 12y
    Valve may be good when it comes to games, but they suck at customer service.
    Just look at the censorship at steampowered forums.

so they suck cause they dont want to deal with all the whiners cursin all over and spamming they were wrongfully banned? you must remember there are rules when you sign up for forums.if you break those then actions will take place,ie..deletion of spam threads or even lockin them

And my photoshop, i downloaded it of course. That makes me no e-gangster or thug.

and with that said,it makes me believe you downloaded HL2/CS:S from the same place

Think of whatever you want of Valve. But there are always those here who have had our money ripped off, and accounts illegally claimed.

your the last person to even post that after the previous quote

But what I cannot seem to perceive is why a great company like this could initate such ridiculous and illegal activies and actions.

the actions they have done was because of actions of others

Sure that's small you say; but many of us have worked hard for the opportunity to play and blast zombies to hell.

worked hard? at what? finding a site and clickin download?
    Bot Account
  • 13y
    Sachen avatar
    Sachen Offline
    Member Joined 13y
    444 points Ranked 9630th
    Simeta dude.

Your sig just totally scared the shit out of me.
    Bananite
  • 13y
    Guest avatar
    Guest Offline
    Member Joined 12y
    Posted by .nemes1s.>No harm done, we try to help one another here as much as possible, but when someone smells BS, it tends to spread quite quickly. :P

And Nem is the master at this! :-p :rofl:
    Bot Account
  • 13y
    Sachen avatar
    Sachen Offline
    Member Joined 13y
    444 points Ranked 9630th
    No but you don't understand Korven, it was DISABLED.

That meant that they had detected illegal activities on it.

DISABLED and getting banned for cheating are two different things.

So i have no way of proving myself either, because there is no solid proof.

Well that's my story.

Once again, thank you all for participating and being such good listeners and understanding.

PS : I <3 both y'all :D.
    Bananite
  • 13y
    nemes1s avatar
    nemes1s Offline
    Member Joined 15y
    364 points Ranked 11273rd
    No harm done, we try to help one another here as much as possible, but when someone smells BS, it tends to spread quite quickly. :P
    Just keepin' it fresh.
  • 13y
    Kornven avatar
    Kornven Offline
    Member Joined 13y
    Interests; keeping their software intact for the original purpose, creating a fun multiplayer game

By against I mean using hacks or anything that breaks the ethics of online gaming. I'm sure that Valve made a mistake with you, but their purpose is to police dishonest players and, as you said, these mishaps occur, but as long as you prove to them that you've honest they will give you back your account.

i think it's a nice gesture in your part to try and help other fellow players in distress, do not take my comments as a way to insult you or deter you from participating here at CSB.
    SexyResults avatar
    Mantra
    SexyResults
  • 13y
    Sachen avatar
    Sachen Offline
    Member Joined 13y
    444 points Ranked 9630th
    Posted by "Kornven">
    something against their interests

Define interests.

Then define what they consider as "against".

See, my main point is not what Valve has done, it is to inform, like i have said countless times.

I do not want to start a arguement, because all bananites vs me would ultimately result in my loss of course.

CSBanana is cool; but the problem still remains, that there are mishaps occured, and those mishaps are sometimes never resolved; hence i have come to let those who had have mishaps be informed that they are not alone.

The end.

I appreciate your time and effort into finding that Kornven, and Nemmy and others for participating in this.
    Bananite
  • 13y
    Kornven avatar
    Kornven Offline
    Member Joined 13y
    I'm sorry CF, but legally speaking, The EULA says the're right; it grants you the opportunity to use the software (you own the CD but not the software inside), but the company reserves the right to withhold your access to the software in case that you have done something against their interests. I am in no way accusing you of anything, yet you have to understand that Valve seldom makes mistakes of this sort; but if they find out of their error, they help you get back your account and ask you for apologies, just any responsible company would.

It doesn't need to be nemeh to tell you that although this was supposed to be help for other members in distress it rapidly became cheap advertisement; an unfortunate decision on your part.
    SexyResults avatar
    Mantra
    SexyResults
  • 13y
    Sachen avatar
    Sachen Offline
    Member Joined 13y
    444 points Ranked 9630th
    I have.

My original purpose was only to inform those who have been in the same situations.

But since you all here seem to be perfectly fine, i'll leave it up to the ones that aren't.

The flaming i am referring to is the uneeded flaming taking place in various parts of the forums.

I'm not whining either.

Because Valve has broken their own laws.

On the steam EULA it doesn't say anywhere that they take into consideration of what you do on your other accounts. So when they banned others for illegal activites on other accounts, they were breaking their laws because they do not have that right.

For those who don't really know what is going on, you won't understand how complex and the dexterity of the situation.

There have been a lot of things Valve has not told you.

I have mentioned, I am grateful to Valve for their games.

But what I cannot seem to perceive is why a great company like this could initate such ridiculous and illegal activies and actions.

Valve claims that 40,000 accounts were banned because illegal activites.

What if just a small proportion was legit and legal accounts?

Sure that's small you say; but many of us have worked hard for the opportunity to play and blast zombies to hell.

It counts - no matter how small that majority is.

Regarding to my double spacing - just something I picked up into the habit of doing.

I am not forcing others to join.

I am only a messenger to inform those who feel they have been cheated.

Apart from this main purpose of that website, we are also very friendly, and we chill and talk about other things, like doom3 and games.

Yes nemmy, you could call it a cheap advertisement for the forums.

But it is also a advertisement for those who have been wronged.

@ Proto : Just because you are an elder to me does not mean i am not capable of managing serious affairs and buissnesses.
    Bananite
  • 13y
    Pr0toman avatar
    Pr0toman Offline
    Member Joined 13y
    4,126 points Ranked 1109th
    forums run by CF? I feel sick
    So a GeForce 4 walks into a ba avatar
    Mantra
    So a GeForce 4 walks into a ba
  • 13y
    nemes1s avatar
    nemes1s Offline
    Member Joined 15y
    No one here is flaming you, we maybe joking but I don't see any flaming going on. You whine about Valve banning accounts for no reason, they're not stupid to ban a customer for no reason without doing some serious investigation on their accounts.

I know a couple of people that got their accounts locked up, and most of em did confess to actually having a leaked version of HL2 or CS:S or even CZ.

So if for some odd reason your acount is no more, I suggest you contact Valve and wait for a reply. They're pretty famous and a responsible company, not some little league crap. Many ways to contact them.
    Just keepin' it fresh.
  • 13y
    Kornven avatar
    Kornven Offline
    Member Joined 13y
    When did this become an english class? What's up with all the double spacing?
    Coldfusion, you got banned for a reason or another; Steam does not do things just because Gooseman doesn't like you.

Stop freaking out; if you didn't do anything wrong, then your account should be reestablished.

Finally, Stop bitching about Valve, we (the CS community) consider ourselves lucky for having such a great system. No other company has been able to pull off such a great system, much less an online release. Whether you like or not Steam is here to stay, and they know when you're sleeping and they know when you're awake. They even fluff my pillows if I can't sleep...
    SexyResults avatar
    Mantra
    SexyResults
  • 13y
    redkulaT avatar
    redkulaT Offline
    Member Joined 13y
    83,813 points Ranked 43rd
    13 medals 1 legendary 2 rare
    • Reached 75,000 Points Medal icon
    • Reached 1,000 Points Medal icon
    • Reached 2,500 Points Medal icon
    • Reached 7,500 Points Medal icon
    As again you got banned for a reason, and stop double spacing.

Steam is a great system. It may be a piss off at times but it gets rid of hackers (most of the time) and updates without having to download patches.
    It's like Red Koolaid, but not avatar
    Mantra
    It's like Red Koolaid, but not
  • 13y
    Sachen avatar
    Sachen Offline
    Member Joined 13y
    444 points Ranked 9630th
    I expected much more maturity from you guys man.

I'm dissappointed; it seems like most of you here are just here just to flame and critcize others; you will not listen to facts, you're ignorant.

You hold in the fact that Valve is the best company ever.

No, they are not.

They are flawed. They suck at customer service.

Before I loved them; they created 1.5 and HL.

But now after steam, my expectations of them has dropped below the negative scale.

Think of whatever you want of Valve. But there are always those here who have had our money ripped off, and accounts illegally claimed.
    Bananite
  • 13y
    redkulaT avatar
    redkulaT Offline
    Member Joined 13y
    83,813 points Ranked 43rd
    13 medals 1 legendary 2 rare
    • Reached 75,000 Points Medal icon
    • Reached 7,500 Points Medal icon
    You and all your friends got banned because of a "Delay Ban." I remember reading on the Steam forums that all 40,000 accounts were banned for one reason....cheating. People "all of the sudden" got banned after 1-3 months because your temp files in Steam notice when modifications are made and what kind of mods are made. It was released publicy but we never pay attention to when it says Minor update to....

Now your gonna start flaming me saying NOOOO I DIDN'T HACK OMG, but there is obviously something you had done to get yourself banned.
    It's like Red Koolaid, but not avatar
    Mantra
    It's like Red Koolaid, but not
  • 13y
    Sachen avatar
    Sachen Offline
    Member Joined 13y
    444 points Ranked 9630th
    Fine dudes. Whatever you want to say.

Valve may be good when it comes to games, but they suck at customer service.

Just look at the censorship at steampowered forums.

Censorship..censorship. Believe what you want nemmy. I respect your decsion.

But let me tell you this, not everyone gets their stuff like they had it.

Have you never downloaded anything illegal?

I bet not ( unless you're really that rich).
    Bananite
  • 13y
    nemes1s avatar
    nemes1s Offline
    Member Joined 15y
    :rofl: Lame excuses from CF, Valve will help you no matter what the situation is.

Next you'll be telling us that you actually paid for your version of Photoshop/Paintshop.
    Just keepin' it fresh.
  • 13y
    Guest avatar
    Guest Offline
    Member Joined 12y
    lmfao i didnt even bother clickin on the link :p
    Bot Account
  • 13y
    Guest avatar
    Guest Offline
    Member Joined 12y
    theres always a reason to get your account banned
    Bot Account
  • 13y
    nemes1s avatar
    nemes1s Offline
    Member Joined 15y
    Most likely they're lieing to you, and I'm guessing you're using this as a cheap way to advertise your forums.
    Just keepin' it fresh.
  • 13y
    Sachen avatar
    Sachen Offline
    Member Joined 13y
    444 points Ranked 9630th
    You're lucky.

I have a lot of friends who had theri accounts diasbled for no reason at all.
    Bananite
  • 13y
    sho avatar
    sho Offline
    Member Joined 13y
    758 points Ranked 6030th
    Ahhhh that sucks, Luckily i never got my account banned. Dunno what i did to be avoided but im glad i was.
    Bananite
  • 13y
    BigDog avatar
    BigDog avatar Offline
    Admin Joined 13y
    9,773 points Ranked 448th
    16 medals 2 legendary 1 rare
    • Achieved Admin clearance Medal icon
    • Became a Club Leader Medal icon
    BigDog avatar
    BigDog
    Guard Dog
    umm, wow, sux doesnt it, 2 of them.. .steam is taking gaming to sericouly...
    Once a Top Dog, Always a Top D avatar
    Mantra
    Once a Top Dog, Always a Top D

Shareable Image:
Share banner
HTML embed code:
BB embed code:
Markdown embed code:

More embeddable images

Bookmark and Share

Submitter

Sachen avatar