Are Hackers Really That Rampant?

A Forum Thread for Counter-Strike: Source

Yo, buddy. We are one of the oldest mod sites on the Interwebs. Sign up and maximize your browsing experience.

• Subscribe: Get notified of new submissions like this.
  • Say Thanks: Show your appreciation by sending Guest points.
  • Flag: Alert moderators and warn members of a problem with this Thread.
  • Watch: Get notified when this Thread is updated.
Mascot

Sound fun?

Already a Bananite? Login

Hello all. First, I apologize for the long post. I'm an old CS 1.5 and 1.6 veteran recently getting back into CS with source. The reason for my posting here is to hear your opinions. All the counter-strike forums I visit are riddled with "D*** Haxors" and "Valve sux cuz too many hackers" and other incoherent mumblings. I stopped playing CS exactly one year ago next week, when I moved to a location that my cable internet wouldn't transfer to. Alas I've been stuck with 56k. A couple weeks ago the cable company recently began work to install cable lines to my home, and I'm really looking forward to getting back into the swing of all things Counter-Strike. I've played in numerous servers, even with 56k (which works surprisingly well on source) and I'm yet to see any real hackers. I've seen plenty of people accused but to me it just doesn't look like they're hacking. When I play counter-strike, I rely almost completely on the wonderful 3D sound system in the game. With surround sound, if someone makes any move, I hear it and (with enough knowledge of maps layouts) can pinpoint peoples location, stalk them, and sometimes I even hear enough movement to shoot people through the wall. I know there are other people that do this, but I dont see many. I get kicked from about half of the servers I play in for "wall hacking" or "speed hacking" (speed hacking claims may be a result of playing with 56k and skipping around" Even with my 56k modem I'm getting frustrated that I get continuously booted from servers with ignorant admins. So have any of you seen real definite hackers? Or is it a possibility that more people are using the 3D sound to their advantage? Have any of you been booted for "hacking" for being smart and using advanced techniques? I'd love to hear the opinions of some truly objective thinkers, rather than the unthinking subjective "you killed me so your cheating" Thanks to anybody who took the time to read this in advance. Snookie

• 12y
    aldin avatar
    aldin Offline
    Member Joined 13y
    we have a pretty popular server and we get aimbot hackers at least 4 times a day they dont last long we kickem at fast as possible i also see about 4-7 guys a day use exploits or wall hacks however with the release in april of vac2 and hackcam im petty sure we will see an end to cheaters on source for 6months or so but you know they're just gonna find new ways to cheat it's what they do
    Bananite
  • 13y
    Guest avatar
    Guest Offline
    Member Joined 12y
    12 medals 3 legendary 3 rare
    • Submitted 100 Skins Medal icon
    • Submitted 50 Maps Medal icon
    • Submitted 200 Threads Medal icon
    • Submitted 50 Skins Medal icon
    • Submitted 20 Maps Medal icon
    • Submitted 100 Threads Medal icon
    Yes Sir
    Bot Account
  • 13y
    plumplum avatar
    plumplum Offline
    Member Joined 13y
    Most of my kills are head shots, on my good days, I get accused of being a hacker.
    Although I never have actually seen a hacker on CS:S, I hear alot about them from friends and such. Alot of clans will kick you out of there server because your owning them and they will say your hacking so they don't look like Gay-Fags. :duhh:
    Bananite
  • 13y
    redkulaT avatar
    redkulaT Offline
    Member Joined 13y
    83,813 points Ranked 43rd
    13 medals 1 legendary 2 rare
    • 10 years a member Medal icon
    • Reached 75,000 Points Medal icon
    • 6 years a member Medal icon
    • Reached 1,000 Points Medal icon
    • Reached 2,500 Points Medal icon
    • Reached 7,500 Points Medal icon
    Cheating Death only bans you from other servers that use cheating death ;).
    It's like Red Koolaid, but not avatar
    Mantra
    It's like Red Koolaid, but not
  • 13y
    Guest avatar
    Guest Offline
    Member Joined 12y
    I have only ever seen one person that was useing aim on the sever..
    They kept getting head shots on a fun map. Mind you thats not to uncommon. So i watched them for awhile and they did seem a bit odd on how the fired and how fast. So what i did is teleported them while there where in mid fire to where the other team was. Well he fliped around and scored 7 head shots in a row all around him 360'. With one clip from the ak full spam. Well that was the end of him...
    But for the most part i have not seen any, its clear people are playing the game much more smart now. Also the fact that objects can move keep people on there toes i noticed ;)
    Bot Account
  • 13y
    Guest avatar
    Guest Offline
    Member Joined 12y
    haha tru tru

but i dont come across many hackers in source,i find more in 1.6 still
    Bot Account
  • 13y
    sho avatar
    sho Offline
    Member Joined 13y
    758 points Ranked 6019th
    Then it really is impossible too say which is better since neither are even out yet haha.
    Bananite
  • 13y
    Guest avatar
    Guest Offline
    Member Joined 12y
    i havent heard anything bout it for CS:S
    Bot Account
  • 13y
    sho avatar
    sho Offline
    Member Joined 13y
    758 points Ranked 6019th
    True ^, Have they even made a cheating death for source yet? If they have i never noticed it.
    Bananite
  • 13y
    Guest avatar
    Guest Offline
    Member Joined 12y
    VAC2 hasnt been released yet,until then you cant really compare it to anything
    Bot Account
  • 13y
    Sachen avatar
    Sachen Offline
    Member Joined 13y
    444 points Ranked 9615th
    VAC2 = suck.

CD = ownage and constant updates.
    Bananite
  • 13y
    nemes1s avatar
    nemes1s Offline
    Member Joined 15y
    364 points Ranked 11265th
    Tons of times, if it wasn't for Battle Island, I'd probably be kicked/banned from every server that has a great ping.

Many people have their "killing spree" days , many people suck the first 10 - 20 rounds. But, at times catching a cheater can be very easy, and other times your doubts can eat you up inside.

Let's hope VAC2 can settle this long going dispute over who's good and who's cheating.
    Just keepin' it fresh.
  • 13y
    sho avatar
    sho Offline
    Member Joined 13y
    758 points Ranked 6019th
    Hackers dont really matter to me i just stay in the server and as soon as i kill him i insult him abit. Something along the lines of "OMG U GOT A AIMBOT BUT YOU CANT SHOOT ME WHEN IM RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU?!!?!?! LMAO".
    Bananite
  • 13y
    Sachen avatar
    Sachen Offline
    Member Joined 13y
    444 points Ranked 9615th
    I have owned a lot of people. I have heard a lot of noises. I have camped a lot. I have spiked without knowing it. And for all these reasons ive been kicked or banned from servers.
    Bananite
  • 13y
    Guest avatar
    Guest Offline
    Member Joined 12y
    Thanks for the reply. I tend to agree that there is an abundance of people who lack empathetic knowledge. I think that if you suspect someone of hacking, it is your duty to first consider absolutely every way that they could be pulling off their feat without the use of cheats. Did somebody kill you in an odd way? Did they know exactly where you were hidden? Some people simply know the maps well enough to naturally check all hiding places, making it seem as if they know where everybody is. Even if you or somebody else is shot through a wall. When I played 1.5 and 1.6 on good ol' militia (which desperately needs an official remake btw) I knew the map well enough that I would shoot through walls to check hiding places on the other side of the wall. If I heard the telltale grunt of someone being hit, I'd unload on the wall.
    My point is that 95-99% of players do not actually cheat, but are often accused of it because of the way counter-strike is naturally set-up (rifles shoot through walls, etc...) I wish to make these tactics common knowledge, not only to cut down on falsely accused hacking, but to enlighten those who may not know of these tricks. Certain tricks like this have allowed me to go over a 4/1 kill to death ratio...on 56k... For me playing this way makes the game so much more fun. It adds a bit of strategy to a game that some people play like a deathmatch game. If anybody knows of any good servers where people play like this, please, by all means, point me to them. Cheers mates.
    Bot Account
  • 13y
    omnirage avatar
    omnirage Offline
    Member Joined 15y
    9,923 points Ranked 444th
    10 medals 1 legendary 1 rare
    • 10 years a member Medal icon
    • 6 years a member Medal icon
    • Reached 1,000 Points Medal icon
    • Reached 2,500 Points Medal icon
    • Reached 7,500 Points Medal icon
    • One month a member Medal icon
    I've recently started playing again, not too much but I'm getting back into it. Doesn't seem like it's plagued by cheaters, though the idiots are still everywhere.
    The Illest. avatar
    Mantra
    The Illest.

Shareable Image:
Share banner
HTML embed code:
BB embed code:
Markdown embed code:

More embeddable images

Bookmark and Share

Submitter

Guest avatar