stuck around 30-40 fps

A Forum Thread for Counter-Strike: Source

Hello world. We are one of the oldest mod sites on the Interwebs. Sign up and maximize your browsing experience.

• Subscribe: Get notified of new submissions like this.
  • Say Thanks: Show your appreciation by sending attila99 points.
  • Flag: Alert moderators and warn members of a problem with this Thread.
  • Watch: Get notified when this Thread is updated.
Mascot

Stop Lurking!

Already a Bananite? Login

cs:s video stress test only gives me around 40 fps i have a radeon 9800 pro 128 4x agp 2.8 celeron 768 ram 160 gig hd nothing is on.. aa af aint this a good gfx card

• 13y
    Guest avatar
    Guest Offline
    Member Joined 12y
    12 medals 3 legendary 3 rare
    • Submitted 100 Skins Medal icon
    • Submitted 50 Maps Medal icon
    • Submitted 200 Threads Medal icon
    • Submitted 50 Skins Medal icon
    • Submitted 20 Maps Medal icon
    • Submitted 100 Threads Medal icon
    well its obviously your computer
    Bot Account
  • 13y
    saDDer avatar
    saDDer Offline
    Member Joined 13y
    lol great. I wish I had the money to go out rite now and buy the upgrades. Oh well back to selling on ebay...
    Bananite
  • 13y
    attila99 avatar
    attila99 Offline
    Member Joined 13y
    damn sure does help going out and buying a new mobo tower and processer.....asus p5 mobo p4 3 ht processor nvidia gf 6600 gt oc'd PCIe kicks ass now...... im capped at 124.7
    Bananite
  • 13y
    saDDer avatar
    saDDer Offline
    Member Joined 13y
    If your not using the catalyst drivers I suggest you make the switch. They are highly optimised to work with the source engine which is why ATi beats GeForce on benchmark tests with Half-Life 2.
    Bananite
  • 13y
    attila99 avatar
    attila99 Offline
    Member Joined 13y
    i went thru the dirext x versions in the console and i hit 67 fps wth dx7 but thats shitty ass quality...i have the microsoft version of ati drivers installed...no extra catalyst and dvd stuff.....i turned alot of console things down.....i have to look to see how far i can go with my mobo cuz i know it dont go over 3.4 or so.....and is theie a signifcant increase in performance with 8x agp....
    Bananite
  • 13y
    saDDer avatar
    saDDer Offline
    Member Joined 13y
    I dunno, I have a 9200 and I get better than that. try updating your drivers and see if that helps at all. Otherwise just upgrade everything. Thats what I'm doing. Your first priority should be that nasty celeron. Rip it out and put in a nice P4. Make sure you get the socket 478 version if you do upgrade otherwise it wont work with your motherboard.

Another option is to get some mod drivers for that radeon. Omega or DNA mod drivers are your best bet but UnIAN is woth a look too. Only use these if you've got some decent experience with computers cause if you get t wrong they can take some time to get right. Just remember to set a system restore point before you install.
    Bananite
  • 13y
    attila99 avatar
    attila99 Offline
    Member Joined 13y
    ingame its like only 10-20 no joke this is gay i have no idea what to do..eathertrash this gay celeron chip....and get a p4 or 800 fsb mobo idk what to do.....but thats gay that its so low....
    Bananite
  • 13y
    attila99 avatar
    attila99 Offline
    Member Joined 13y
    well i thought maybe if i got a p4 3.06 ht processer it might boost me some but idk how high i can go..i just bought a msi mobo with an agp slot thats all i was worried about....didnt think anything of the bandwidth of the agp..i have a 478 socket up to 533 fsb 2 gig dimms but only have a 256 and 512 pc 2100. what version drivers should i atleast run? the up to date ones..and do i really need ccc cataylst that program is kinda bogus....i have rivatuner and rage3d idk im just lookin for some big time advice cuz i knw a kid that hit 100fps on that test with pciE and i thought agp was a kick a$$ type of gfx card to use i also have a geforce 5200 fx 128 any words? would really help
    Bananite
  • 13y
    Borrish avatar
    Borrish Offline
    Member Joined 14y
    Yes it's a good gfx card, but running at 4x AGP. And your processor will seriously bottleneck you in CSS.
    Bananite
  • 13y
    omnirage avatar
    omnirage Offline
    Member Joined 15y
    9,923 points Ranked 445th
    10 medals 1 legendary 1 rare
    • 10 years a member Medal icon
    • 6 years a member Medal icon
    • Reached 1,000 Points Medal icon
    • Reached 2,500 Points Medal icon
    • Reached 7,500 Points Medal icon
    • One month a member Medal icon
    You're worried about the stress test? Anyway, it is a stress test, so don't expect the best fps you'll ever reach.
    The Illest. avatar
    Mantra
    The Illest.
  • 13y
    sho avatar
    sho Offline
    Member Joined 13y
    758 points Ranked 6026th
    I wish i could help you but i can not. Ive never had a radeon but maybe looking at this thread might help.
    Bananite

Shareable Image:
Share banner
HTML embed code:
BB embed code:
Markdown embed code:

More embeddable images

Bookmark and Share

Submitter

attila99 avatar
attila99 Offline
Member Joined 13y