i wanna buy cs source, help me pleas...

A Forum Thread for Counter-Strike: Source

Greetings! We are one of the oldest mod sites on the Interwebs. Sign up and maximize your browsing experience.

• Subscribe: Get notified of new submissions like this.
  • Say Thanks: Show your appreciation by sending Ergehisnike points.
  • Flag: Alert moderators and warn members of a problem with this Thread.
  • Watch: Get notified when this Thread is updated.
Mascot

Resistance is futile...

Already a Bananite? Login

hello every1 it's me the cs freak i have decided to buy cs source and i have download steam for counter-strike condition zero and when to steam powered website i found that they sell packeges for cs source there r 3 packages : ------------------------ BRONZE: which contains ▪ Half-Life 2 ▪ Counter-Strike: Source and it is for 50 US DOLLERS ---------------------------------- SILVER: Half-Life 2 Counter-Strike: Source Day of Defeat: Source * Half-Life: Source Half-Life 2: Deathmatch Condition Zero Condition Zero Deleted Scenes Counter-Strike Team Fortress Classic Day of Defeat Half-Life Deathmatch Classic Opposing Force Ricoche and it is for 60 US DOLLERS , plus tax ------------------------------------- GOLD: ▪ Half-Life 2 ▪ Half-Life 2: Deathmatch ▪ Counter-Strike:Source ▪ Half-Life 1: Source ▪ Day of Defeat: Source* ▪ Valve's back catalog (listed here)! HL2 Merchandise: ▪ HL2 posters (3 total) ▪ HL2 hat ▪ HL2 soundtrack ▪ HL2 sticker ▪ City 17 postcard ▪ Prima's HL2 strat guide ▪ Special collector's box ------------------------------------ i thought about it and i think i will buy the silver package anywayz when i wanted to buy it is said that Day of Defeat: Source that means that if i buy the silver package i will get all games right away except for Day of Defeat: Source right? also if i buy the silver package [COLOR=Blue>how will the games be installed i mean will the compony make me download the games or how?[/COLOR> [COLOR=Red>and let's say i formated the computer, will all the games be Gone and i have to buy them again?[/COLOR> also [COLOR=Blue>the silver package is for 60 $ plus tax how much is the tax, and if the games will be shipped to me what is the fee of shipping and handeling?[/COLOR> and [COLOR=Red>i don't want get ripped of or somthin, i mean is there somthin cheaper and better than this package or should i go to a store or buy it?[/COLOR> also i chose to buy the games from the net because the country that i am in allows copy games, so even if i buy an original game, the CD-KEY may be copied and don't tell me to go to WALL-MART, i don't have WALL-MART in my country please every1, i need you help and advice, bye :(

• 13y
    Guest avatar
    Guest Offline
    Member Joined 12y
    12 medals 3 legendary 3 rare
    • Submitted 100 Skins Medal icon
    • Submitted 50 Maps Medal icon
    • Submitted 200 Threads Medal icon
    • Submitted 50 Skins Medal icon
    • Submitted 20 Maps Medal icon
    • Submitted 100 Threads Medal icon
    might as well just go for the gold!HAH!!
    Bot Account
  • 13y
    redkulaT avatar
    redkulaT Offline
    Member Joined 13y
    83,813 points Ranked 43rd
    13 medals 1 legendary 2 rare
    • 10 years a member Medal icon
    • Reached 75,000 Points Medal icon
    • 6 years a member Medal icon
    • Reached 1,000 Points Medal icon
    • Reached 2,500 Points Medal icon
    • Reached 7,500 Points Medal icon
    I think most service providers in other countires have a limit to the bandwidth. Does your service provider have a limit to it's bandwidth?
    It's like Red Koolaid, but not avatar
    Mantra
    It's like Red Koolaid, but not
  • 13y
    Guest avatar
    Guest Offline
    Member Joined 12y
    once you buy the package and set up an account, all the games will download besides dod:source. Whenever dod:source comes out it will download by itself.
    Bot Account
  • 13y
    Guest avatar
    Guest Offline
    Member Joined 12y
    only hl2 is 3 gb + all the other games and bonuses its gonna be alot.. with 32 kbps you will have to wait a lot. buiing hl2 is much better and less problems and risk.
    Bot Account
  • 13y
    Kornven avatar
    Kornven Offline
    Member Joined 13y
    266 points Ranked 14377th
    8 medals 1 legendary 1 rare
    • Installation Guide Submitter Medal icon
    • One month a member Medal icon
    • 6 months a member Medal icon
    • 1 year a member Medal icon
    Unfortunately, HL2 alone is a pretty big file (around 3Gigabites). I haven't calculated the exact time but it could take about three days. Can you play 1.6 w/out latency problems? My suggestion at this point is for you to buy a hard copy rather than download it.
    SexyResults avatar
    Mantra
    SexyResults
  • 13y
    Ergehisnike avatar
    Member Joined 15y
    thank you Kornven so much
    you are a great help
    and i will not write in dark color
    but i have one Q

what is the size of the games?
    my speed is 32 KILO BITES
    how many mins will it take me?

thx and good-bye
    Bananite
  • 13y
    Kornven avatar
    Kornven Offline
    Member Joined 13y
    266 points Ranked 14377th
    8 medals 1 legendary 1 rare
    • Installation Guide Submitter Medal icon
    • One month a member Medal icon
    • 6 months a member Medal icon
    • 1 year a member Medal icon
    Posted by tHe Cs FrEaK>that means that if i buy the silver package
    i will get all games right away except for Day of Defeat: Source right?

also

if i buy the silver package
    [COLOR=Blue>how will the games be installed
    i mean
    will the compony make me download the games or how?[/COLOR>

[COLOR=Red>and let's say i formated the computer, will all the games be Gone and i have to buy them again?[/COLOR>

also

the silver package is for 60 $ plus tax
    how much is the tax, and if the games will be shipped to me
    what is the fee of shipping and handeling?
    and
    i don't want get ripped of or somthin, i mean is there somthin cheaper and better than this package
    or should i go to a store or buy it?

also

i chose to buy the games from the net because the country that i am in allows copy games, so even if i buy an original game, the CD-KEY may be copied
    and don't tell me to go to WALL-MART, i don't have WALL-MART in my country

Hi, 1st of all don't make the color of the font really dark or it will be very hard to read. If you buy the game through Steam you will have to download it through the Steam service. If your PC were to be reformatted, you will lose the software, but as soon as you install Steam aagain, you'll be able to download it, it's inherent in your account. There's no need to buy it a second time. Since the game will not be shipped to you per se, you don't pay those fees as for the taxes, I'm not really sure, as it seems to be that you're outside the US (please specify what country). If you were here in the US I'd tell you that the price Steam offers is the same as in any retail store. It might be more expensive to you based on the currency change, import costs, the store that you buy it from (big retail stores usually have a better price), and the retail taxes in your country (7% percent in Florida as opposed to 20% in Venezuela). DON'T even think about buying a ripped version of the software or your steam account will be closed FOREVER. Besides, no country really supports piracy (not really but w/e).

P.S: as for Day of Defeat, as soon as the game is released to the world you will be able to download it through Steam.
    SexyResults avatar
    Mantra
    SexyResults

Shareable Image:
Share banner
HTML embed code:
BB embed code:
Markdown embed code:

More embeddable images

Bookmark and Share

Submitter

Ergehisnike avatar