5.1 Speaker Problems

A Forum Thread for Counter-Strike: Source

Yo, buddy. We are one of the oldest mod sites on the Interwebs. Sign up and maximize your browsing experience.

• Subscribe: Get notified of new submissions like this.
  • Say Thanks: Show your appreciation by sending NASreaper points.
  • Flag: Alert moderators and warn members of a problem with this Thread.
  • Watch: Get notified when this Thread is updated.
Mascot

Stop Lurking!

Already a Bananite? Login

Alright, Steam tech support sucks. I am having a problem in Counter-Strike Source getting it to work with my Altec Lansing 5.1 Surround Sounds speakers. I have the most up to date drivers, I have double checked it by running auto update on the Creative website and by downloading drivers manually just to be save. I have a Creative SB Live Internal Sound Card. So I have the newest drivers and I have tried every all the speaker settings in CS:S (5.1, 7.1, 4 speaker, 2 speaker, EVEN HEADPHONES) Nothing works. How do I fix this? Steam tech support hasn't responded AND I WANT TO PLAY! I get no audio out of my speakers, including during the speaker test thing.

• 13y
    Guest avatar
    Guest Offline
    Member Joined 12y
    12 medals 3 legendary 3 rare
    • Submitted 100 Skins Medal icon
    • Submitted 50 Maps Medal icon
    • Submitted 200 Threads Medal icon
    • Submitted 50 Skins Medal icon
    • Submitted 20 Maps Medal icon
    • Submitted 100 Threads Medal icon
    I just got my Logitech x-550's in for $50 from newegg, they are amazing....Looks like I'll have to invest in a new 5.1 sound card.
    Bot Account
  • 13y
    krist avatar
    krist Offline
    Member Joined 13y
    yea well instead of software go out and BUY a better sound card like the newer Audigys...they nw have ones made for 5.1 speakers
    Bananite
  • 13y
    Sachen avatar
    Sachen Offline
    Member Joined 13y
    444 points Ranked 9623rd
    :D
    Bananite
  • 13y
    VaNiSh avatar
    VaNiSh Offline
    Member Joined 14y
    342 points Ranked 11847th
    sounds like the problem is solved.... now if I can only find my testies
    www.buddahtribe.net
  • 13y
    NASreaper avatar
    NASreaper Offline
    Member Joined 16y
    Posted by ColdFusioN>mother board sound driver?

I have an internal motherboard sound card, but I have had that disabled because it can't handle 5.1. I did some searching and found another forum where a guy said to go download some third party drivers at another website. I did that and BOOM, it works, and my speakers have never sounded better.
    Bananite
  • 13y
    Sachen avatar
    Sachen Offline
    Member Joined 13y
    444 points Ranked 9623rd
    Posted by NASreaper>Alright, Steam tech support sucks. I am having a problem in Counter-Strike Source getting it to work with my Altec Lansing 5.1 Surround Sounds speakers. I have the most up to date drivers, I have double checked it by running auto update on the Creative website and by downloading drivers manually just to be save. I have a Creative SB Live Internal Sound Card.
    So I have the newest drivers and I have tried every all the speaker settings in CS:S (5.1, 7.1, 4 speaker, 2 speaker, EVEN HEADPHONES) Nothing works. How do I fix this? Steam tech support hasn't responded AND I WANT TO PLAY!
    I get no audio out of my speakers, including during the speaker test thing.

mother board sound driver?
    Bananite

Shareable Image:
Share banner
HTML embed code:
BB embed code:
Markdown embed code:

More embeddable images

Bookmark and Share

Submitter

NASreaper avatar
NASreaper Offline