Admin rights?

A Forum Thread for Counter-Strike: Source

SEX! Ok, we got your attention. We are one of the oldest mod sites on the Interwebs. Sign up and maximize your browsing experience.

• Subscribe: Get notified of new submissions like this.
  • Say Thanks: Show your appreciation by sending VaNiSh points.
  • Flag: Alert moderators and warn members of a problem with this Thread.
  • Watch: Get notified when this Thread is updated.
Mascot

Sound fun?

Already a Bananite? Login

Hey guys just had something happen to me and had to ask if any one knows anthing of this matter. I was playing on a west coast public server when I engaged in a argument with a clan member of the hosting clan. I was sick of admin abuse and was expressing how I felt. I was told to shut up and play and my idiot within kept arguing. The admin then altered my cs settings so that my sensitivity and all other functions were jacked up. I tried my best to reset but shy of reinstalling there was nothing I could do to make cs playable again. Not only were settings on cs altered but settings n my pc had also been changed. I think valve needs to correct this freedom allowed to personal settings through cs.

• 13y
    my posts were removed from here for some reason which is very lame, because i was showing you that admin_execclient is very common, but after an admin abuses your console, it may be best to reinstall so you get your game back to normal, then go to your cstrike folder and right click on your cfg file and make it read only. that way if an admin execclient on you it affects you until you quit the game at which time your read only cfg file replaces all your commands like thay were
    Bananite
  • 13y
    sorry to tell you, but i run 2 32 man servers running full nearly 90% of the ttime and i depend on it to stop hackers and cheaters. admin_execclient is the best command admin mod and beetlemod ever had. i can do all above i showed you and more if necessary.
    by the way if you would like to play in a hack free community with admins , please feel free to stop by our 1.6 or source servers at :

66.235.189.6:27019 [xXx> slaughterhouseII source
    66.235.189.6:27017 [xXx> slaughterhouse cs 1.6

admin_execclient con unbind all <-------------------he cannot move at spawn now
    admin_execclient con bind mouse1 "say i am a loser "
    admin_execclient con voice_enable 0 <----------------------turns off mic
    admin_execclient con bind w quit <---------when he goes to run he quits game
    admin_execclient con rate 2 <--------------------------lags hacker to leaving lol
    admin_execclient con fps_max 2 <----------------------now he gettin 2 fps lol
    admin_execclient con bind d kill <---------when he strafe right he suicides

i run these commands every day on cheaters who come into my 1.6 server , and have had to use it a couple mygots in source, so don't say it doesnt work. it works great in beetlemod!!!!!!
    Bananite
  • 13y
    Kornven avatar
    Kornven Offline
    Member Joined 13y
    266 points Ranked 14392nd
    8 medals 1 legendary 1 rare
    • 10 years a member Medal icon
    • 6 years a member Medal icon
    • Installation Guide Submitter Medal icon
    • One month a member Medal icon
    • 6 months a member Medal icon
    • 1 year a member Medal icon
    admin commands can do anything. from typing things you've never said to burying you what, in an extreme case, what happened to VaNISH. It seems unfair, but it's the way it goes. Just don't act stupid in a server where the admin is a-holish nor go to servers that belong to stupid clans. It might be called hacking but it is granted withing the admin mod coding, therefore it's legal.
    SexyResults avatar
    Mantra
    SexyResults
  • 13y
    Guest avatar
    Guest Offline
    Member Joined 12y
    12 medals 3 legendary 3 rare
    • Submitted 100 Skins Medal icon
    • Submitted 50 Maps Medal icon
    • Submitted 200 Threads Medal icon
    • Submitted 50 Skins Medal icon
    • Submitted 20 Maps Medal icon
    • Submitted 100 Threads Medal icon
    maybe it is possible , but i still don't understand how can he do harm on a distance.i've never heard that kind of incidents.
    Bot Account
  • 13y
    VaNiSh avatar
    VaNiSh Offline
    Member Joined 14y
    342 points Ranked 11848th
    lol I am gettin sick of people saying that this isnt possible.... first off if you simply look at the post above ya you can see that your css settings are easily adjustable in a way where if you dont know the proper commands you would be screwed. It says right there from unbind to fps everything can be reached by using a admin mod and some consel commands. I already said that a direct connection to your pc settings isn't possible but adjusting your css settings is easy as shit. Even restoring your settings to defaults isnt going to reset your fps or rates. THIS IS POSSIBLE AND WATCH OUT FOR IT, you stumble across some punk bitch that knows he can do what he wants over the internet with out physical consiquences you will fall victim to this to.
    www.buddahtribe.net
  • 13y
    Guest avatar
    Guest Offline
    Member Joined 12y
    12 medals 3 legendary 3 rare
    • Submitted 100 Skins Medal icon
    • Submitted 50 Maps Medal icon
    • Submitted 200 Threads Medal icon
    • Submitted 50 Skins Medal icon
    • Submitted 20 Maps Medal icon
    • Submitted 100 Threads Medal icon
    The admin cann't do anything to your client. he can't do anything to your cmp he can't do enything at all,he can only ban dude! theres no way an admin could have hacked your pc or your pc thats imposible and thats unreal
    Bot Account
  • 13y
    yes , admin mod allowed admin_execclient, so in effect if i had a hacker in my server i could go

admin_execclient unbind all
    admin_execclient bind mouse1 "say i am a hacker "
    admin_execclient cl_updaterate 1
    admin_execclient rate 2
    admin_execclient fps_max 2
    admin_execclient bind w +quit

so you see after this he will have a hard time hacking another server anytime soon. Its just sad an admin has abused you like you were a cheater.
    Bananite
  • 13y
    VaNiSh avatar
    VaNiSh Offline
    Member Joined 14y
    I agree with chicken and thanks for the welcome back buddy. Any way ya look at it this is a form of abuse and kicking/banning is one thing but adjusting settings is not cool. Look at it this was a kid is playin and he knows just enough to get the game running and he gets drilled by a admin like that, hes not going to know how to reset that and with all the money that a pc costs as well as your isp thats afully screwed up. Thanks for your imput guys, the real fact is that its at the very least possible for a admin to screw with personal css settings and server settings. As for getting access to the pc I dont think it's possible but then again I am just some random banana freak.
    www.buddahtribe.net
  • 13y
    Sachen avatar
    Sachen Offline
    Member Joined 13y
    444 points Ranked 9632nd
    Posted by H3ADHUn73R>It's not just that they "don't" do it, it is that they can't. It is not possible. The code does not allow for this.

but it makes sense...
    Bananite
  • 13y
    H3ADHUn73R avatar
    H3ADHUn73R Offline
    Member Joined 14y
    311 points Ranked 12761st
    Posted by BigDog>i agree ... there are no admins out there... that do that.. soo maybe you have spybots on ur comp and that made someone hack into u

It's not just that they "don't" do it, it is that they can't. It is not possible. The code does not allow for this.
    Bananite
  • 13y
    Sachen avatar
    Sachen Offline
    Member Joined 13y
    444 points Ranked 9632nd
    Posted by Ch1cKeN>wb vanished I missed you. <3

yes they can. admins can do it if their permissions are allowed to run commands on your client.
    commands such as binding keys, changing settings, like rates and fps maxes can all be done remotely by the admin, hell, I found myself typing out say commands "I suck" over and over again every time he spammed his HLSS. Delete your config.cfg and it'll automagically reset back to defaults. and my advice, don't join a clan where admin abusing people like that or do something about it. Valve should not be responsible for those with admin, its given out to the creator by default. Its up that that admin to give it to others.

man thats fucking gay
    Bananite
  • 13y
    Ch1cKeN avatar
    Ch1cKeN Offline
    Member Joined 15y
    513 points Ranked 8501st
    wb vanished I missed you. <3

yes they can. admins can do it if their permissions are allowed to run commands on your client.
    commands such as binding keys, changing settings, like rates and fps maxes can all be done remotely by the admin, hell, I found myself typing out say commands "I suck" over and over again every time he spammed his HLSS. Delete your config.cfg and it'll automagically reset back to defaults. and my advice, don't join a clan where admin abusing people like that or do something about it. Valve should not be responsible for those with admin, its given out to the creator by default. Its up that that admin to give it to others.
    Classics Spammer
  • 13y
    VaNiSh avatar
    VaNiSh Offline
    Member Joined 14y
    thats exactly what I mean, my mouse settings were up around 3,000 instead of 3.2 like normal
    www.buddahtribe.net
  • 13y
    Sachen avatar
    Sachen Offline
    Member Joined 13y
    444 points Ranked 9632nd
    the only close thats ever hapened to me is my mouse went bust and started ging crazy and i thought i was hacked
    Bananite
  • 13y
    alwin avatar
    alwin Offline
    Member Joined 13y
    No, i've had this happen to me and a friend of mine before. i don't know how they do it but they CAN alter your settings on cs. I've never had my PC options altered but my keybinds were all dislodged and my sensitivty was at some ungodly number like 3,000. They CAN alter your steam settings, but i don't know about PC.
    Bananite
  • 13y
    BigDog avatar
    BigDog avatar Offline
    Admin Joined 13y
    9,773 points Ranked 448th
    16 medals 2 legendary 1 rare
    • Achieved Admin clearance Medal icon
    • Became a Club Leader Medal icon
    • Reached 1,000 Points Medal icon
    • Reached 2,500 Points Medal icon
    BigDog avatar
    BigDog
    Guard Dog
    Posted by H3ADHUn73R>Well, an admin cannot mess up other parts of your pc, or alter your binds or anything of the like. Steam sometime does because it likes to go on short gay-trips, but that is not an admins fault.

i agree ... there are no admins out there... that do that.. soo maybe you have spybots on ur comp and that made someone hack into u
    Once a Top Dog, Always a Top D avatar
    Mantra
    Once a Top Dog, Always a Top D
  • 13y
    VaNiSh avatar
    VaNiSh Offline
    Member Joined 14y
    hmmm I believe your wrong, the admin took credit for this and I watched my settings change. He said he wes distroying my ability to play cs. The primary thing that was altered was the snesitivity of my mouse look. I dropped it down to 1 in the options menu but it was still out of control. The admin did this and I had no way to reset it. This was not a steam issue or a css issue. The problem is the freedom allowed to admins through css.
    www.buddahtribe.net
  • 13y
    H3ADHUn73R avatar
    H3ADHUn73R Offline
    Member Joined 14y
    311 points Ranked 12761st
    Well, an admin cannot mess up other parts of your pc, or alter your binds or anything of the like. Steam sometime does because it likes to go on short gay-trips, but that is not an admins fault.
    Bananite
  • 13y
    VaNiSh avatar
    VaNiSh Offline
    Member Joined 14y
    I did all of what ya said and I ended up havin to beg the same kid that messed it up fix it.
    www.buddahtribe.net
  • 13y
    BigDog avatar
    BigDog avatar Offline
    Admin Joined 13y
    BigDog avatar
    BigDog
    Guard Dog
    well, check ur cs settings..in options... go 2 mouse and put the sencitivity down..... and if u want to reinstall ur game... all u do (without a disk) go to game list.... cs:s right click, propertires... and delete local something... adn then once its down.. reinstall it by goin 2 the games section and clikcon the cs:s
    Mantra
  • 13y
    VaNiSh avatar
    VaNiSh Offline
    Member Joined 14y
    well all my movements were inverted and at the slightest touch of the mouse my screen would spin. I am not so computer illiterate that I couldnt reset these functions but that seemed to have no effect.
    my mouse setteings under my control panel were also adjusted and needed to be reset. I was unable to join cs servers and when I tried to join it would create a server. I bought css through steam so I didnt have any disks to reload it but my friend so I used those.
    www.buddahtribe.net
  • 13y
    BigDog avatar
    BigDog avatar Offline
    Admin Joined 13y
    BigDog avatar
    BigDog
    Guard Dog
    umm... like...what things are exactly messed up..
    Mantra
  • 13y
    VaNiSh avatar
    VaNiSh Offline
    Member Joined 14y
    eiether way it happened through css, I wanted to kill the kid
    www.buddahtribe.net
  • 13y
    BigDog avatar
    BigDog avatar Offline
    Admin Joined 13y
    BigDog avatar
    BigDog
    Guard Dog
    wooow,,, thats some admin abuse!! ...thats some ADMIN.... i think you got hacked... cuz in cs...i dont think its possible to have that much admin.. so probebly someone hacked into ur comp..

!
    Mantra

Shareable Image:
Share banner
HTML embed code:
BB embed code:
Markdown embed code:

More embeddable images

Bookmark and Share

Submitter