Customizing Servers...

A Forum Thread for Counter-Strike: Source

Hey, you! We are one of the oldest mod sites on the Interwebs. Sign up and maximize your browsing experience.

• Subscribe: Get notified of new submissions like this.
  • Say Thanks: Show your appreciation by sending enjoi123 points.
  • Flag: Alert moderators and warn members of a problem with this Thread.
  • Watch: Get notified when this Thread is updated.
Mascot

Sound fun?

Already a Bananite? Login

Hi! I usually create a server in the main menu of CSS and chose all the different settings I want. But what I don't know how to do is the following: 1)Exclude certain weapons 2)Kick out somone manually 3)Have friendly fire (the function that one could check the box for doesn't seem to be working) 4)I've seen in certain servers where the players that get hit by one of one's own could choose to spawn him or forgive him...how can one use that function?? Thanks in advance for any help that I can get! //BeeZed :)

• 13y
    Guest avatar
    Guest Offline
    Member Joined 12y
    12 medals 3 legendary 3 rare
    • Submitted 100 Skins Medal icon
    • Submitted 50 Maps Medal icon
    • Submitted 200 Threads Medal icon
    • Submitted 50 Skins Medal icon
    • Submitted 20 Maps Medal icon
    • Submitted 100 Threads Medal icon
    use a mod
    Bot Account
  • 13y
    enjoi123 avatar
    enjoi123 Offline
    Member Joined 13y
    Posted by EnsignRicky>Hello, newb here. Can someone tell me how to create my own Counterstrike source internet server? Everytime i go to create game, it makes a LAN game. this is really annoying so can someone please help me out. i'd appreciate it if you put step-by-step instructions for newbs like me. thx

Hi!

You should Download Source Dedicated Server (SDS) in Steam (it's free).

Open Steam--->Play Games---->(In Menu, under Tools) Right-Click "Source Dedicated Server"---->Click Install

When you get a message saying that it has installed, and there are 2 boxes available to check, uncheck the box next to (something like) Launch Game now, Play Game now...Check the box for creating a desktop shortcut.

When you click Close or Finish (can't remember which it is). Right click on the Steam Icon and click on "Monitor". In the Monitor you should see that Source Dedicated Server is updating (in my case it needed updating, it shouldn't take long...it's quite small) Well, anyway when the status say's complete...you can Run SDS from the shortcut on the Desktop and Create a Server...It's easy. You will figure out how to do it in no time!

If you need any more help, then PM me!

PS. If you Run SDS and you have slow Internet Connection it will create High pings for the players on the server and the game will be choppy. You can run a server on a 0.5Mbit with good play conditions, but then you SHOULD NOT be using any of the bandwidth for anything else, like Downloading stuff AND dont have a lot of players on the server, put MAX 10 players to be on the safe side (This advice applies if you are using 0.5Mbit connection, if you have 2Mbit, 8Mbit or 10Mbit (or even more) then don't worry about the amount of players...put as many as you want).

Good Luck! ;)
    Bananite
  • 13y
    Spiare avatar
    Spiare Offline
    Member Joined 13y
    Hello, newb here. Can someone tell me how to create my own Counterstrike source internet server? Everytime i go to create game, it makes a LAN game. this is really annoying so can someone please help me out. i'd appreciate it if you put step-by-step instructions for newbs like me. thx
    Bananite
  • 13y
    enjoi123 avatar
    enjoi123 Offline
    Member Joined 13y
    I looked up that AMX, but didn't understand how to install it...it didn't seem to fit exactly....folders needed that didn't exist...etc....

So does anyone else know of another ways of customizing servers?

Thanks!
    Bananite
  • 13y
    Guest avatar
    Guest Offline
    Member Joined 12y
    12 medals 3 legendary 3 rare
    • Submitted 100 Skins Medal icon
    • Submitted 50 Maps Medal icon
    • Submitted 200 Threads Medal icon
    • Submitted 50 Skins Medal icon
    • Submitted 20 Maps Medal icon
    • Submitted 100 Threads Medal icon
    Posted by BeeZed>Hi!

I usually create a server in the main menu of CSS and chose all the different settings I want. But what I don't know how to do is the following:

1)Exclude certain weapons
    2)Kick out somone manually
    3)Have friendly fire (the function that one could check the box for doesn't seem to be working)
    4)I've seen in certain servers where the players that get hit by one of one's own could choose to spawn him or forgive him...how can one use that function??

Thanks in advance for any help that I can get!

//BeeZed :)

I know of plugins such as AMX that enable user friendly menus to pop up on the press of a key that would cater for this, but all programs just manipulate what's in the game already, so I imagine there's a way to do it without additional programs...but I do not know how.
    Bot Account

Shareable Image:
Share banner
HTML embed code:
BB embed code:
Markdown embed code:

More embeddable images

Bookmark and Share

Submitter

enjoi123 avatar
enjoi123 Offline
Member Joined 13y