Create a server....

A Forum Thread for Counter-Strike: Source

Attention Gamer! We are one of the oldest mod sites on the Interwebs. Sign up and maximize your browsing experience.

• Subscribe: Get notified of new submissions like this.
  • Say Thanks: Show your appreciation by sending enjoi123 points.
  • Flag: Alert moderators and warn members of a problem with this Thread.
  • Watch: Get notified when this Thread is updated.
Mascot

Join the community!

Already a Bananite? Login

Hi! I'm a rather new user of CS:Source, I tried to create a server so that me and my friends could play against eachother but It didn't work. See...I clicked on "Create a server" in the main menu of CSS, then I chose map and all other things and started it....so it opened and I chose a side. Then my friends tried to find the server by using the filters but could not find it. So I pressed Esc and in the left upper corner there was an IP written. But it looked strange. It was 127.0.0.1 so I gave it to my friends but they couldn't find any server with that IP. Then I gave them my IP but it didn't work. What am I doing wrong? Is there another way of creating a server? So you know I am using a router with built-in firewall. I would really appreciate it if someone could help me with this. Thanks in advance. :)

• 13y
    Also, if you want your server to show up in the list, you gotta put sv_lan = 0. But someone has to join it first before it shows up in the list. What I do is go into the listenserver.cfg file and add sv_lan 0 in it. If sv_lan is already there, just change it to a zero instead of a one and save it, then you start your server your server will instantly be visible in the list.
    Bananite
  • 13y
    nemes1s avatar
    nemes1s Offline
    Member Joined 15y
    364 points Ranked 11272nd
    Type status in console when the server is created, then it'll give you the real IP. Give that to them and enjoy.
    Just keepin' it fresh.

Shareable Image:
Share banner
HTML embed code:
BB embed code:
Markdown embed code:

More embeddable images

Bookmark and Share

Submitter

enjoi123 avatar
enjoi123 Offline
Member Joined 13y