CS:S Worth The Hype?

A Forum Thread for Counter-Strike: Source

Yo, buddy. We are one of the oldest mod sites on the Interwebs. Sign up and maximize your browsing experience.

• Subscribe: Get notified of new submissions like this.
  • Say Thanks: Show your appreciation by sending porkzilian points.
  • Flag: Alert moderators and warn members of a problem with this Thread.
  • Watch: Get notified when this Thread is updated.
Mascot

Resistance is futile...

Already a Bananite? Login

When I first Player Source as a Beta I Thought wow this game is really going to be cool. Since the game has come out it has lived up to just that being 'cool'. This Game unlike the 1.3 to 1.4 or 1.5 to 1.6 is different. This game takes it to the next level. This could be taken as good or bad. Good - Because You can interact with the enviroment bad - because you can interact with the enviroment. In all the prior Counter-Strikes you know who was god because they just rocked you face. Now there are just too many varialbles. "Dude did that guy just rol the tire down the hill? look!" *HeadShot* I mean really how complicated can a game be a still be fun? Can anyone imagine someone like Aimetti or No0dLe playing cal matches on Source? But thats just my opinion ... I could be wrong

• 13y
    Guest avatar
    Guest Offline
    Member Joined 12y
    12 medals 3 legendary 3 rare
    • Submitted 100 Skins Medal icon
    • Submitted 50 Maps Medal icon
    • Submitted 200 Threads Medal icon
    • Submitted 50 Skins Medal icon
    • Submitted 20 Maps Medal icon
    • Submitted 100 Threads Medal icon
    Personally I think CS:S has changed for the better. Most players dont like the changes and some cant even play the game on thier computer w/o upgrading. I personally like the game due to the fact of the physics, ragdoll, etc... The one thing I think they need to fix is the barrells. You cant stand on them and you can get stuck if you land in between them. I am an old skool CS player and I have pretty much played Source more than 1.6. And no I do not play every waking minute of the day like some people I know, I do have a life away from my computer. I play when ever I get the chance and "n00bs" still dont have an equal chance in Source when whomever compared Source to 1.6. Flashbangs, nades, and smoke nades are way better and the equality of the weapons are a plus.

The way I see it, dont play Source if you dont like. Those of us out there who do play Source are not twisting your arms.
    Bot Account
  • 13y
    fbbreck avatar
    fbbreck Offline
    Member Joined 13y
    I feel so cool now, i thought i was gonna get trashed for dissing cs nerds...but i guess they aren't as abundant as i thought. But anyways...what the guys said before me, have fun playing cs...but dont live it.
    Bananite
  • 13y
    WarVic avatar
    WarVic Offline
    Member Joined 13y
    I propose that we rid the world of the word 1337, because can u really become any more of a nerd bomb?

:rofl: HAHAHAH so true man so true... i get so tired of people who live off of cs and don't really have a life... CS is a GAME--have fun! Being overly good isn't a big deal--nobody in the real world really cares. U can't pick up chicks by sayin "Hey baby, I'm 1337. Wanna get busy?" I mean seriously... Livestrong, have fun, get drunk, crash.

But as for CS:S from wut i've seen it's like what smurfty said--the changes are all cosmetic... rolling a tire down a hill doesnt really help (except for the fact that u just gave away your position). :roll:
    Bananite
  • 13y
    Smurfty avatar
    Smurfty Offline
    Member Joined 15y
    140 points Ranked 22690th
    Posted by .nemes1s.>The objects are just for scenary purposes, if you're bored than you can just play with a run-away tire. They don't give you an advantage unless the objects are huge and movable like what we saw in italy.

exactly my point
    Bananite
  • 13y
    nemes1s avatar
    nemes1s Offline
    Member Joined 15y
    364 points Ranked 11289th
    The objects are just for scenary purposes, if you're bored than you can just play with a run-away tire. They don't give you an advantage unless the objects are huge and movable like what we saw in italy.
    Just keepin' it fresh.
  • 13y
    Smurfty avatar
    Smurfty Offline
    Member Joined 15y
    140 points Ranked 22690th
    I wouldn't say u could "interact" with the objects in css cus they don't change the gameplay one bit and that's not the big thing with css, other than the longer loading times the game is great with it's new graphics (blah blah blah we've heard that a thousand times) and the new balances to the weapons which makes the for years non-useable weapons like the shotty and tmp actually useable
    Bananite
  • 13y
    Niko™ avatar
    Niko™ Offline
    Member Joined 13y
    871 points Ranked 5355th
    Posted by Banana_Wind>I propose that we rid the world of the word 1337, because can u really become any more of a nerd bomb?

I second that notion. Not only the word 1337, but leet speak as a whole should be banished. Oh well, a guy can dream can't he?
    Bananite
  • 13y
    Botch avatar
    Botch Offline
    Member Joined 15y
    11,241 points Ranked 376th
    11 medals 1 legendary 1 rare
    • 10 years a member Medal icon
    • 6 years a member Medal icon
    • Reached 1,000 Points Medal icon
    • Reached 2,500 Points Medal icon
    • Reached 7,500 Points Medal icon
    • 1 post awarded Exemplary Feedback Medal icon
    CS : S itself is a great game, but so many bugs and problems it almost makes me puke. They aren't huge, but little things here and there, plus a final release of CS with only 1 set of character models......whatever. Plus it can be really dark at times, but i guess thats mostly the non-official maps that people have little experience working with the new system. The sounds weren't all upgraded, a lot of the guns sound just the same which really dissapoint me. but its fun, other than those problems the only thing that bugs me is when you run into a barrel or something of that nature you get this rubber bounce effect, and i have been pinned in corners and couldn't move. But i guess thats the dissadvantage of the port, CS2 won't have that issue i'm sure.
    HOT POCKETS!
  • 13y
    fbbreck avatar
    fbbreck Offline
    Member Joined 13y
    I propose that we rid the world of the word 1337, because can u really become any more of a nerd bomb?
    Bananite
  • 13y
    badboyyy avatar
    badboyyy Offline
    Member Joined 13y
    101 points Ranked 27957th
    :aug: (YOU)---->
    Bananite
  • 13y
    Guest avatar
    Guest Offline
    Member Joined 12y
    I didn't get into the original CS, but I love CS:S. Easier headshots help the n00bs a bit, but veterans will always do better - knowledge of map, tactics, AWP whoring, early round glock rushes, the concept of teamwork...

I also heard that players who bought the retail CD lag more than those players who d/led off Steam. Is this true?
    Bot Account
  • 13y
    badboyyy avatar
    badboyyy Offline
    Member Joined 13y
    Sweet i am in the lead. . . . . Take that Michael M :) oore
    Bananite
  • 13y
    nemes1s avatar
    nemes1s Offline
    Member Joined 15y
  • 13y
    badboyyy avatar
    badboyyy Offline
    Member Joined 13y
    Dude thats like american dollars. I need austraian dollaz!
    Bananite
  • 13y
    Ice avatar
    Ice Offline
    Member Joined 15y
    409 points Ranked 10268th
    Posted by Tumkie>See we are sayin the same thing man. I dont think it is fair for someone who has played the game for 3 year to get raped by a 9 year old who doesnt know how to plant. There need to be the line between noob and 1337 because then people have something to strive for which in turn makes the game fun. (ps if you the only poster you dont have to quote me) :banana:

The game lived up to my expectations. Even though in the beginning you will feel like everythings different and it IS different. But when you get used to it its pretty much the same as the old cs. Expect this one is way better and funnier. I'm getting the hang of this cs source feeling and i'm pretty much owning the place right now. Getting more than 4 kills every round, and yes you are right when you get owned by a noob who sprayed you to death or got a lucky headshot. But when you really get used the recoil, physics and movements of cs source the noobs don't stand a chance.
    Bananite
  • 13y
    porkzilian avatar
    porkzilian Offline
    Member Joined 13y
    150 points Ranked 21677th
    i can bunny hop in real life...
    Bananite
  • 13y
    omnirage avatar
    omnirage Offline
    Member Joined 15y
    9,923 points Ranked 444th
    10 medals 1 legendary 1 rare
    • 10 years a member Medal icon
    • 6 years a member Medal icon
    • Reached 1,000 Points Medal icon
    • Reached 2,500 Points Medal icon
    • Reached 7,500 Points Medal icon
    • One month a member Medal icon
    From what I've played at my friends house (a friend with a non-source friendly Nvidia card, mind you) I still think the game rocks just as much as the good ol CS, and then some. What more could we ask for? (Excluding more game types, remade maps, etc....;))
    The Illest. avatar
    Mantra
    The Illest.
  • 13y
    badboyyy avatar
    badboyyy Offline
    Member Joined 13y
    Because i dont have the monkey to buy off steam but i do have enough monkey to buy from store. :vbfg: :browning:
    Bananite
  • 13y
    nemes1s avatar
    nemes1s Offline
    Member Joined 15y
    lol, Then why'd you ask us 'Where do I get it?' if you don't have the money...
    Just keepin' it fresh.
  • 13y
    badboyyy avatar
    badboyyy Offline
    Member Joined 13y
    I dont have that kind of money, pacientce, bandwith, attention span.... Hey is that a blue humming bird????? WOW A RED CAR!!!!! OMG CARPET!!!!!

and thats newbie... dont treat people like n00bs just because there new!!!
    Bananite
  • 13y
    nemes1s avatar
    nemes1s Offline
    Member Joined 15y
    Get it thru retail or get it thru Steam.
    Just keepin' it fresh.
  • 13y
    porkzilian avatar
    porkzilian Offline
    Member Joined 13y
    You can buy it off of steam...
    Bananite
  • 13y
    badboyyy avatar
    badboyyy Offline
    Member Joined 13y
    Hey how do i get it? :railgun:
    Bananite
  • 13y
    nemes1s avatar
    nemes1s Offline
    Member Joined 15y
    It's lived up to my expectations, greatly.
    Just keepin' it fresh.
  • 13y
    badboyyy avatar
    badboyyy Offline
    Member Joined 13y
    Hey what the funk is up with Source i mean can it be brought incase u have really bad bandwith???
    Bananite
  • 13y
    Pr0toman avatar
    Pr0toman Offline
    Member Joined 13y
    4,126 points Ranked 1111st
    you suck, shut up fattie :D
    So a GeForce 4 walks into a ba avatar
    Mantra
    So a GeForce 4 walks into a ba
  • 13y
    Pr0toman avatar
    Pr0toman Offline
    Member Joined 13y
    4,126 points Ranked 1111st
    Posted by Tumkie>See we are sayin the same thing man. I dont think it is fair for someone who has played the game for 3 year to get raped by a 9 year old who doesnt know how to plant. There need to be the line between noob and 1337 because then people have something to strive for which in turn makes the game fun. (ps if you the only poster you dont have to quote me) :banana:

so for you CS is all about being 1337 ? then you are dumb, cs is played for fun
    So a GeForce 4 walks into a ba avatar
    Mantra
    So a GeForce 4 walks into a ba
  • 13y
    porkzilian avatar
    porkzilian Offline
    Member Joined 13y
    Good bring that wench down a notch
    Bananite
  • 13y
    Darklemming avatar
    Member Joined 13y
    407 points Ranked 10307th
    CSS takes a large amount away from the challenge of the game. I still like it, but the game is a lot easier. You really cant be better then anyone else unless your helen keller.
    Bananite
  • 13y
    porkzilian avatar
    porkzilian Offline
    Member Joined 13y
    Cow Amen...
    Bananite
  • 13y
    Guest avatar
    Guest Offline
    Member Joined 12y
    Worth The Hype? Deffinatally
    This is like counterstrike1.6X10! I love everything about it! The environments are beautifiull, and the interactivity is almost endless. The Havock And Ragdoll physics engines work wonders in the realizm of this game. My only problem with it are the hitboxes, theyre less percise than the ones on CS1.6 For anyone that liked the first Counterstrike, i really recomend picking this one up.

~Nykl ^o^
    Bot Account
  • 13y
    psykotike avatar
    psykotike Offline
    Member Joined 13y

Yea but no one has been playing CS:S for 3 years. CS:S is a new game there are a few diffrences between CS vanilla and CS source. Number 1 is the sound is a lot better. The graphics don't really matter to me. Even though they are a nice addition.

Besides even in CS:S the skilled person isn't going to get raped by a 9 yr old who doesn't know how to play. Most n00bs don't even know CS requires burst fire instead of spray and pray. Instead the 9 yr old resorts to tking, because that is the only way he can kill someone. Making the game so 133t will only result in a frustation for the new player, then he will look for ways to ruin the game.

I do think they need to fix the netcode on hl2dm and Cstrike: source. Even on cable the lag is bad. I got 95 ping and the game acts like I got 250.
    Bananite
  • 13y
    porkzilian avatar
    porkzilian Offline
    Member Joined 13y
    See we are sayin the same thing man. I dont think it is fair for someone who has played the game for 3 year to get raped by a 9 year old who doesnt know how to plant. There need to be the line between noob and 1337 because then people have something to strive for which in turn makes the game fun. (ps if you the only poster you dont have to quote me) :banana:
    Bananite
  • 13y
    psykotike avatar
    psykotike Offline
    Member Joined 13y
    Posted by Tumkie>When I first Player Source as a Beta I Thought wow this game is really going to be cool. Since the game has come out it has lived up to just that being 'cool'.

This Game unlike the 1.3 to 1.4 or 1.5 to 1.6 is different. This game takes it to the next level. This could be taken as good or bad. Good - Because You can interact with the enviroment bad - because you can interact with the enviroment. In all the prior Counter-Strikes you know who was god because they just rocked you face. Now there are just too many varialbles. "Dude did that guy just rol the tire down the hill? look!" *HeadShot* I mean really how complicated can a game be a still be fun? Can anyone imagine someone like Aimetti or No0dLe playing cal matches on Source? But thats just my opinion ... I could be wrong

I say all the changes are good. It is easier for a n00b to kill someone. Now fucks can't go 20 to 1 and laugh so hard it isn't funny. In a game like dod even a unskilled person can kill a expert, this is very good. Now 9 times out of 10 the expert is going to blow away the n00b, but at least stupid people who target n00bs ain't going to think they are so 133t when the n00b actaully kills them.

CS Source makes using cover a lot better than in CS 1.6 . If you got a fast enough computer there really isn't any reason not to switch. Most of the major maps are back in a unofficial map pack.
    Bananite

Shareable Image:
Share banner
HTML embed code:
BB embed code:
Markdown embed code:

More embeddable images

Bookmark and Share

Submitter

porkzilian avatar
porkzilian Offline
Member Joined 13y