Its Odd....Yes......Very Odd....

A Forum Thread for Counter-Strike: Source

Attention Gamer! We are one of the oldest mod sites on the Interwebs. Sign up and maximize your browsing experience.

• Subscribe: Get notified of new submissions like this.
  • Say Thanks: Show your appreciation by sending Ankii points.
  • Flag: Alert moderators and warn members of a problem with this Thread.
  • Watch: Get notified when this Thread is updated.
Mascot

Interested?

Already a Bananite? Login

kk my problem is i havnt seen any milita or assault maps or any of those on cs:s its really weird. and when i do try to join a map it says like some weird error only for like assault and stuff. does this hapen to ne one else?!

• 13y
    -=S-B-H=- avatar
    -=S-B-H=- Offline
    Member Joined 13y
    ya the other day i played an assault called cs_assault_lit....it was similar to the original but like the duelist said it was much too small to be passed off as real and there were some very noticable differences...but all in all it was a fairly descent custom map
    Bananite
  • 13y
    necropimp avatar
    necropimp Offline
    Member Joined 13y
    3,688 points Ranked 1249th
    Posted by H3ADHUn73R>An official assault map or militia map has not been released by valve yet. So far, any maps not officially released by valve with the source launch are considered "illegal", and steam will not download them. You have to download them by hand. Now, valve won't actaully go after you for playing these anymore, since the SDK is not out, everyone can make maps. So, download them from this site, and then go head and play them.

actually for quite some time user made maps have not been "illegal" because the SDK was released and after the SDK was updated when HL2DM was released they enabled auto downloading of maps

and for assault... get zt_assault it's the best one
    Bananite
  • 13y
    The Duelist avatar
    Member Joined 13y
    108 points Ranked 26719th
    there is a cs_assault map but i doubt its the official becuase ITS SO SMALL! and its not assault_mini
    Bananite
  • 13y
    H3ADHUn73R avatar
    H3ADHUn73R Offline
    Member Joined 14y
    311 points Ranked 12760th
    An official assault map or militia map has not been released by valve yet. So far, any maps not officially released by valve with the source launch are considered "illegal", and steam will not download them. You have to download them by hand. Now, valve won't actaully go after you for playing these anymore, since the SDK is not out, everyone can make maps. So, download them from this site, and then go head and play them.
    Bananite

Shareable Image:
Share banner
HTML embed code:
BB embed code:
Markdown embed code:

More embeddable images

Bookmark and Share

Submitter

Ankii avatar
Ankii Offline
Member Joined 13y