CS Source Interview...

A Forum Thread for Counter-Strike: Source

SEX! Ok, we got your attention. We are one of the oldest mod sites on the Interwebs. Sign up and maximize your browsing experience.

• Subscribe: Get notified of new submissions like this.
  • Say Thanks: Show your appreciation by sending Guest points.
  • Flag: Alert moderators and warn members of a problem with this Thread.
  • Watch: Get notified when this Thread is updated.
Mascot

Stop Lurking!

Already a Bananite? Login

hey guys, I am doing a cs source interview with cliffe tomorrow, if you have anything you wanna ask him about it post it in here and I will use your question if it is good ;) Cheers, Sebastian

• 13y
    waffle man avatar
    waffle man Offline
    Member Joined 15y
    1,404 points Ranked 3354th
    I hope. Right now the Terrorists are in blue. And CT's in dark as usual.
    1337 h4x0r
  • 13y
    nemes1s avatar
    nemes1s Offline
    Member Joined 15y
    364 points Ranked 11273rd
    I know there are different models, I was wondering if he was going to add new ones, different from the 4 regulars.
    Just keepin' it fresh.
  • 13y
    waffle man avatar
    waffle man Offline
    Member Joined 15y
    1,404 points Ranked 3354th
    Nemmy: There are different models. But there is only one for each team so far.. I hope. And a nice feature is now when someone buys kevlar, you can see it on them.

Dudemac: From my experience in playing the game. The hitbox seems to be fine. But it does seem like it's a lot easier to kill people. Reminder: I'm not saying that it IS. Just that it SEEMS to ME.

BenBrown: To your question about new beta maps. What I heard from Flap was that they were supposed to release Aztec this week. (So then I hopefully can test it out, and report back to Chicken with his question about the water.)
    And about your question on when HL2 will be released. A lot of us here have come to the conclusion of... never. :P
    And I THINK. I THINK that CS: Source is going to be sold stand alone, or purchased off of STEAM for the price of whatever it is online. But I'm not really sure.

Chicken: I did try boosting off of someone, but I don't know if he was jumping or not. So boosting might be eliminated. But I doubt it since it's a very good tactic in the game. And mainly if they have it open for CAL. Which I'm pretty sure they will since, CAL already has Painkiller, and that's 1v1. And I'm not sure, but possibly Doom3. So it might stay.
    As goes for the flashlight. I didn't even think to try it since it was only on Dust. And I didn't need it. But I'll check if I can before the interview. :)

[COLOR=Red>REMEMBER![/COLOR> These are only my thoughts, and predictions. So they will quite possibly be wrong.
    1337 h4x0r
  • 13y
    nemes1s avatar
    nemes1s Offline
    Member Joined 15y
    364 points Ranked 11273rd
    1. Will there be new weapons/models/equipment/missions/etc. for Source in future updates ?

2. Will there be a CS:S site ? (seperate from cs.net)

3. Will the physics engine be improve/updated in the future ?
    Just keepin' it fresh.
  • 13y
    dudemac avatar
    dudemac Offline
    Member Joined 14y
    2,198 points Ranked 2118th
    ask him to give you a cz key, and then accidentally pass it on to me.

just kidding (well kind of. ;))! umm...how about...uhh...oh yeah. Are the hitboxes improved? in 1.6 you can shoot a few inches away from somebody and have it count as a hit.
    Bananite
  • 13y
    Guest avatar
    Guest Offline
    Member Joined 12y
    12 medals 3 legendary 3 rare
    • Submitted 100 Skins Medal icon
    • Submitted 50 Maps Medal icon
    • Submitted 200 Threads Medal icon
    • Submitted 50 Skins Medal icon
    • Submitted 20 Maps Medal icon
    • Submitted 100 Threads Medal icon
    When will the HL2 SDK be out?
    Will there be any more test maps released for the beta?
    Will CS Source be sold as a stand alone game?
    And of course when will HL2 be released.
    Thanks
    Bot Account
  • 13y
    BlanKa avatar
    BlanKa Offline
    Member Joined 14y
    439 points Ranked 9721st
    Posted by p0u|_try>Also, will the flashlight (if there is one) cast shadows in real-time and will there be that annoying glow around the character while it's on?

We have already seen that the annoying glow isn't there, but I'm unsure about real-time shadows.

I was wondering about the nade physics, they just don't seem the same anymore, don't really bounce and are hard too place.. are they going to stay like this?

p.s. boosting should be left as it is, just take skywalking away :)
    Bananite
  • 13y
    Ch1cKeN avatar
    Ch1cKeN Offline
    Member Joined 15y
    513 points Ranked 8503rd
    yes i Have a question. Me being too lazy to find out from somones who played the beta and is totally reliant on this website for all my CS:Source answers.

Will the new engine elimate all other well known exploits of the previous 1.6 game?

For example:
    - Water elimating fall damage although it is still very shallow (think Aztec),
    - "Boosting" (when one player jumps ontop of another player in order to reach usually out of reach areas).

Also, will the flashlight (if there is one) cast shadows in real-time and will there be that annoying glow around the character while it's on?

Edit: Seb don't forget to show us the interview when it's done.
    Classics Spammer

Shareable Image:
Share banner
HTML embed code:
BB embed code:
Markdown embed code:

More embeddable images

Bookmark and Share

Submitter

Guest avatar
Guest Offline
Member Joined 12y