CS : Source 1st Thoughts ( For the r...

A Forum Thread for Counter-Strike: Source

Attention Gamer! We are one of the oldest mod sites on the Interwebs. Sign up and maximize your browsing experience.

• Subscribe: Get notified of new submissions like this.
  • Say Thanks: Show your appreciation by sending BlackSt4r points.
  • Flag: Alert moderators and warn members of a problem with this Thread.
  • Watch: Get notified when this Thread is updated.
Mascot

Join the community!

Already a Bananite? Login

I just got home from work and played source for about an hour , and besides the obvious there are many diffrences since 1.6 I thought I'd touch on. Hopefully I'll get some feedback. a) Charecter movement : I'm not exactly sure how to put this but I've noticed that the other players tend to walk around like they have scoliosis, and the feel of movement overall is a little off. Everything seems to be moving slower. b) When source launched last nite I noticed alot of reconnecting players. I've been ramdomly booted off servers myself, and sometimes when I toy with the options it seems to reconnect me to the server im already playing on. c) The text imput field has been moved to the bottom. Needless to say it took me a few minutes to find it when i was lit. ^_^ any other impressions?

• 13y
    Guest avatar
    Guest Offline
    Member Joined 12y
    12 medals 3 legendary 3 rare
    • Submitted 100 Skins Medal icon
    • Submitted 50 Maps Medal icon
    • Submitted 200 Threads Medal icon
    • Submitted 50 Skins Medal icon
    • Submitted 20 Maps Medal icon
    • Submitted 100 Threads Medal icon
    Played this game last night and i thought it was kool. The CS 1.6 feel is still there.... the new engine makes the game more enjoyable to play and a bit more realistic. I like how you can interact with your environment. However, i agree with blackstar with the whole character movement... they look kinda odd.. but i guess we just have to get used to them.

Very pleased with the new CS:S and i give it 5/5 stars!!! :D

cant wait till the full version comes out!!
    Bot Account
  • 13y
    [JMU]$n!per avatar
    Member Joined 13y
    I'm overall satisfied with this game so far and its only in beta stages. I cannot wait to see what it's like when its completely done. It runs extremely well on non-highend cards even though my 9800PRO isn't low end either I drop below 85fps only on a few instances and even then its only into the 70's. I hope that this is an accurate reflection of how well HL2 will run on my PC. The only problems I had was the binding for selecting a team was wrong and had to change it to chooseteam and the sprays don't work. But other than that I love it! :jump:
    Bananite
  • 13y
    Guest avatar
    Guest Offline
    Member Joined 12y
    12 medals 3 legendary 3 rare
    • Submitted 100 Skins Medal icon
    • Submitted 50 Maps Medal icon
    • Submitted 200 Threads Medal icon
    • Submitted 50 Skins Medal icon
    • Submitted 20 Maps Medal icon
    • Submitted 100 Threads Medal icon
    I like it.
    Once it's released and running smooth I'll switch over.
    It's not a dramatic change and the map does not take advantage of the engine (shooting barrels and kicking pails is fun and all but it really doesn't add anything usefull to game play).
    When new maps start comming out that use the engine to add to the gameplay then it will really be an exciting.

Better looking graphics are great but after your 10th time playing a map you don't really notice anymore and it's all about the gameplay.

But I'll take a pretty CS over an ugly one anytime.

Thanks to Valve for porting CS to the new engine and giving it to us free with HL2.
    Bot Account

Shareable Image:
Share banner
HTML embed code:
BB embed code:
Markdown embed code:

More embeddable images

Bookmark and Share

Submitter

BlackSt4r avatar
BlackSt4r Offline
Member Joined 13y