Can Someone Help Me Get This To Work :*(

A Forum Thread for Counter-Strike: Source

Hey, you! We are one of the oldest mod sites on the Interwebs. Sign up and maximize your browsing experience.

• Subscribe: Get notified of new submissions like this.
  • Say Thanks: Show your appreciation by sending Artack points.
  • Flag: Alert moderators and warn members of a problem with this Thread.
  • Watch: Get notified when this Thread is updated.
Mascot

Join the community!

Already a Bananite? Login

Okay I go to create game de_dust then it loads fine nothing wrong with that, but then I go to join a team and it freezes and says this : The instruction at "0x241691d6" referenced memory at "0x00ca5d80". The memory could not be "read" Click on ok to terminate the program. Wtf? I have no idea what this means. If you want to know my system specs are as follows 2.4 ghz speed 115 gb harddrive 512 ram radeon 9800xt I absolutely have no idea why it's doing this, it should be running perfectly! Also I cannot find any servers, I click on Find Servers, makes the sound but no window pops up or anything! The find servers thing does not matter as mush at the above, seeing as I can't play it anyway! If you could help at all I would REALLY, REALLY appreciate it! I want to play CS:S as it looks delightfully good. Well thanks for your help in advance, lates.

• 13y
    Artack avatar
    Artack Offline
    Member Joined 13y
    205 points Ranked 17446th
    Okay cool I got a console to ty :) Still not servers, I'll reinstall later maybe.
    Bananite
  • 13y
    [JMU]$n!per avatar
    Member Joined 13y
    To get console you go into keyboard options/advanced and you can turn on console in there. Dunno bout that servers problem. I'll ask around.
    Bananite
  • 13y
    Artack avatar
    Artack Offline
    Member Joined 13y
    That's exactly what happens to me :(
    Bananite
  • 13y
    ot0_m0t0 avatar
    ot0_m0t0 Offline
    Member Joined 13y
    Posted by Artack>Yeah it does, It kept happening so I just reinstalled CS:S and now it works fine. But I still can't "Find Servers" if someone could help me with that that would be great ^^. Also my console doesn't work :P But oh well that doesn't matter to to much but I would like help with it also please. Thanks for the help Sniper I appreciate it :) Thanks for help in advance!

I cant "find servers" either. I yust get a svushhh noise and thats it. Im connected to steam and all :bawl:
    Bananite
  • 13y
    Artack avatar
    Artack Offline
    Member Joined 13y
    Yeah it does, It kept happening so I just reinstalled CS:S and now it works fine. But I still can't "Find Servers" if someone could help me with that that would be great ^^. Also my console doesn't work :P But oh well that doesn't matter to to much but I would like help with it also please. Thanks for the help Sniper I appreciate it :) Thanks for help in advance!
    Bananite
  • 13y
    [JMU]$n!per avatar
    Member Joined 13y
    Posted by Artack>Okay I go to create game de_dust then it loads fine nothing wrong with that, but then I go to join a team and it freezes and says this :

The instruction at "0x241691d6" referenced memory at "0x00ca5d80". The memory could not be "read"

Click on ok to terminate the program.

Wtf? I have no idea what this means. If you want to know my system specs are as follows

2.4 ghz speed

115 gb harddrive

512 ram

radeon 9800xt

I absolutely have no idea why it's doing this, it should be running perfectly! Also I cannot find any servers, I click on Find Servers, makes the sound but no window pops up or anything! The find servers thing does not matter as mush at the above, seeing as I can't play it anyway!

If you could help at all I would REALLY, REALLY appreciate it! I want to play CS:S as it looks delightfully good. Well thanks for your help in advance, lates.

Okay, first go to the steam menu where it lists your games. Right click on the beta and click properties and make sure you've downloaded 100% of the games content. Secondly I get that same error sometimes, its a virtual memory thing. Just exit out and go back in, I'm sure this is just a problem with the beta and they'll figure it out. And dont worry, with those specs you can run everything high rez and smooth. :cool: Hope some of this helps you out.
    Bananite

Shareable Image:
Share banner
HTML embed code:
BB embed code:
Markdown embed code:

More embeddable images

Bookmark and Share

Submitter

Artack avatar
Artack Offline
Member Joined 13y